PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

I'm looking forward to this:

Innovative virtual instrument designed by Brian Clevinger.
https://rhizomatic.xyz/

Rhizomatic is proud to present
Plasmonic

Plasmonic combines the resonant depth of physical modeling with subtractive synthesis. Our goal is for Plasmonic to approach the depth and detail of an acoustic instrument, while making it easy to shape the sound into anything you want. Its deep modulation capability and MPE support make it very playable and expressive.

Plasmonic will be available spring 2020. Preorder now at a 33% discount.
Last edited by Calenberger on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ah yes, the Absynth guy.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

that's poppins ! ...

I guess that's it for Absynth then...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 pm I guess that's it for Absynth then...
eh ... that reads so glass half empty , to me ...
he's had a bit of time to consider his next offering ,
and i'm quite giddy w/ anticipation ...
the Dan of Steel wrote: just by chance you crossed the diamond with the pearl ...
you turned it on the world ...
that's when you turned the world around ...

experimental.crow wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:50 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 pm I guess that's it for Absynth then...
eh ... that reads so glass half empty , to me ...
Yeah well there have been some indications over the past years (since V5) that he wasn't finished with Absynth, so many of us hoped that it would see an update eventually. But I think if he's on to his own synth plugins now, there is very little chance that he would go and update his old Absynth project. And I don't think NI cares either way. Maybe they will make an Absynth X, a revamped, half-finished new version, one day without him.

Yes, I think that developers are generally bound by a contract with the company for which they work, a contract with an end date and a non-competition clause at the end for a certain period of time. If Brian Clevinger is launching a personal creation, it is probably because his contract with NI is definitely and totally over and that he is now totally free.
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Absolutely wonderful news.
A well-behaved signature.

Great news! I thought Absynth was fantastic back when Brian first started selling it through his own company in the early 2000's, before NI bought it. Good to see that he won't be constrained by them anymore.

I think NI is late to release their 'v2' synths. I have waited long enough for an fm8 update, but nothing. Currently i have komplete but i installed only kontakt and battery because NI synths are outdated. I hope Brian brings his own stuff, not another boring NI synth.

You can signup to his company's newsletter for updates:

https://rhizomatic.xyz/

Outstanding. :clap:

Agreed, a lot of NI’s stuff looks and feels so ‘legacy’ it’s kinda ridiculous. They’re not the only ones with a bunch of plugins like that, but they are a prominent example.

Anyhow, can’t wait to see what happens here!

edit: signed up.

When was "Announcements coming soon." first made public.
Just trying to gauge when might the announcement will be made.
My guess is 30 days after the "Announcements coming soon." was posted.

Edit: Am a fan of Brian and Absynth so for me this is great news.
Time all of a sudden started to move very slow.
Anticipation warps time more than gravity.
Bet Einstein didn't know that!

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:30 am When was "Announcements coming soon." first made public.
End of October

rhizomatic
https://www.google.com/search?q=rhizoma ... 1097&dpr=1
Hmmmm!
I wonder, wonder, wonder.

Return to “Instruments”