PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
5076 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 am

So finally a last one. No extern FX. Now i will not spam this thread with more demos until I have some presets to share.
Have a nice Sunday (and/or Valentines Day) everybody.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... -dark-lord

User avatar
KVRAF
5675 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:06 am

I don’t mind at all to be spammed by those gorgeous sounds! Keep them coming...

KVRAF
1791 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:16 am

Cinebient wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 am
So finally a last one. No extern FX. Now i will not spam this thread with more demos until I have some presets to share.
Have a nice Sunday (and/or Valentines Day) everybody.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... -dark-lord
wow! great!!
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

User avatar
KVRian
771 posts since 11 Aug, 2018 from UE

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks Cinebient you made some incredible brass & wind sounds and give me some inspiration so i challenge myself this afternoon, here the result: Plasmonic is so good !
(just some quick experimentations, no macros...Raw stuff)
https://soundcloud.com/user-315765960/t ... -plasmonic
Best
YY

KVRAF
5076 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Whywhy wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am
Thanks Cinebient you made some incredible brass & wind sounds and give me some inspiration so i challenge myself this afternoon, here the result: Plasmonic is so good !
(just some quick experimentations, no macros...Raw stuff)
https://soundcloud.com/user-315765960/t ... -plasmonic
Awesome stuff (like your Plasmonic soundset too, which I recommend to anyone and bought myself of course and it indeed inspires me a lot as well).
I could not let it go before my weekend ends and tried a more dynamic version of one of the brass sounds, put it in a large chamber to hear how it works against some real samples. Not quite there but I like it and it get better, especially with the variations in dynamics...damn still searching for that damn Seaboard cable to load/connect it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... amic-brass

KVRAF
1781 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:04 pm

one quick feature option request. Can we please have option to show the modulated parameters for the Macros and Modulators when just mousing over them instead of having to click and highlight the circle above them?

Still my favorite synth. probably will always be :)

User avatar
KVRist
102 posts since 4 Jan, 2007

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Cinebient wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Whywhy wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am
Thanks Cinebient you made some incredible brass & wind sounds and give me some inspiration so i challenge myself this afternoon, here the result: Plasmonic is so good !
(just some quick experimentations, no macros...Raw stuff)
https://soundcloud.com/user-315765960/t ... -plasmonic
Awesome stuff (like your Plasmonic soundset too, which I recommend to anyone and bought myself of course and it indeed inspires me a lot as well).
I could not let it go before my weekend ends and tried a more dynamic version of one of the brass sounds, put it in a large chamber to hear how it works against some real samples. Not quite there but I like it and it get better, especially with the variations in dynamics...damn still searching for that damn Seaboard cable to load/connect it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... amic-brass
Incredible :love:
(not the playing though, but the sound....)

It is just an ordinary USB to USB-B cable to the Seaboard. Hope you find it, because Plasmonic is definitely one of the better MPE synths and I like to see what you can do with it. It is very responsive and flexible.

KVRAF
5076 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Cepheus wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:08 pm
Cinebient wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Whywhy wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am
Thanks Cinebient you made some incredible brass & wind sounds and give me some inspiration so i challenge myself this afternoon, here the result: Plasmonic is so good !
(just some quick experimentations, no macros...Raw stuff)
https://soundcloud.com/user-315765960/t ... -plasmonic
Awesome stuff (like your Plasmonic soundset too, which I recommend to anyone and bought myself of course and it indeed inspires me a lot as well).
I could not let it go before my weekend ends and tried a more dynamic version of one of the brass sounds, put it in a large chamber to hear how it works against some real samples. Not quite there but I like it and it get better, especially with the variations in dynamics...damn still searching for that damn Seaboard cable to load/connect it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... amic-brass
Incredible :love:
(not the playing though, but the sound....)

It is just an ordinary USB to USB-B cable to the Seaboard. Hope you find it, because Plasmonic is definitely one of the better MPE synths and I like to see what you can do with it. It is very responsive and flexible.
Thanks. Yeah, but I have no other cable here for this. My new MacBook only has USB-C and I even need to find an adapter too (which I am sure I have somewhere as well).
I am sure its there....somewhere in the cellar or attic
The playing is not great. I am no master player at all and this was again played just on my computer keyboard ;)

User avatar
KVRAF
5675 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:34 am

Most printers use the same cable, is your printer connected with a cable?

KVRAF
5076 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:00 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:34 am
Most printers use the same cable, is your printer connected with a cable?
No...last time I used the printer it was months ago via WIFI :D
My computer usage is mainly just for music creation and internet, nothing else.
But anyway, I found it :party:

KVRist
312 posts since 29 May, 2001

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 am

:::::: gets popcorn:::::::

User avatar
KVRAF
5675 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:18 am

gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 am
:::::: gets popcorn:::::::
Where are the popcorn smilies??? At least we have some bands... :band2: :band:

KVRist
352 posts since 16 Sep, 2007

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:38 am

Anyone here using Plasmonic with the Ableton 11 Beta? I'm struggling to get it to respond to Poly AT with my Xkey 37 and Seaboard block and wondered if anyone else is having issues. I have emailed Brian about it as well

Also wanted to show my appreciation for the inspiring sounds coming from Cinebient :love: :love:


Edit: He already replied saying It does not support POLY AT only MPE Multichannel AT
and I figured out that I need to actually enable MPE mode in Ableton by right clicking before it works properly because Plasmonic does not announce itself to Ableton as MPE by default like many others do.
I guess I should have RTFM properly! I am an idiot :tu:

He does hope to support Poly AT in the future though.
Last edited by bob swans on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

User avatar
KVRAF
2498 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:51 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:18 am
gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 am
:::::: gets popcorn:::::::
Where are the popcorn smilies??? At least we have some bands... :band2: :band:
hey! that's one of my fave songs (altho the bassist should have tuned up first)....
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
one plugin short of perfection...

KVRAF
5076 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:54 am

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Return to “Instruments”