PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Cinebient wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 am I hope I can get something out before Halloween (but as usual not sure if things go wrong).
Now I started to try some of my favourite sounds with Plasmonic, all kind of organ and organ hybrid sounds.
Normally I am never really happy with most synths when it comes to organ sounds (P900 and maybe Repro is an exception here). I would use real samples or other specific physical modelling tools but I really find Plasmonic also is a winner here for me. It feels kind of more organic as in other tools. At least that is what I feel while playing with these sounds.
So as a little example. This here are 4 single sounds and these are all more or less just slightly variations of the first sound in the audio demo. I think especially the second one will be one of my personal favourites and I really need to fine tune this. Beware, no MPE used here just some variations in the velocity. Also again no use of extern FX.
So if you would love some presets to try, what would be the first one(s). I could guess its some of the brass?
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... an-hybrids
You’ve put snippets of many different sounds and all of them are different from the factory sounds. I would gladly pay for a set of all of them!

I don't know. I might have about 100 no finished and chaotic presets.
So I would start with a very small set and might add one of each category.
I also thought about a kind of tutorial how to create brass sounds with Plasmonic since this seems to be something most people would like to see and there are no real examples to find in the default presets.
These things can be used for other synths as well to create such sounds maybe.
There are some "rules" are find out for me.
There is one first important rule for me when trying to create all kind of sounds with Plasmonic.
Do not care about the tuning/pitch. Tune your preset if needed afterwards via the master tuning!!! Otherwise those brass presets (and other kind of sounds) will not work or are even impossible when using the resonator which is the heart of these sounds.
Of course there is more into it but with such a lively instrument you sometimes have to think outside the box and just try. :)
I think there are some bugs with the GUI because I have different values when I open the performance settings. Also I have trouble to save the number of voices within presets since it sometimes important. Whatever I do, Plasmonic always start with 4 voices but I normally always use 16 or mono. Maybe I first have to revisit the whole manual and see if I do something wrong.
Edit: It seems I saved 4 voices by accident as default. So this is solved but I still always get different values on pitch which makes no sense.
So yeah, maybe I am not ready yet to release anything serious until I fully understand some bugs (or user faults). For me its fine but it could confuse other people when trying to use these presets.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:09 pm I don't know. I might have about 100 no finished and chaotic presets.
Why not team up with an experienced publisher. Preset pack by Cinebient curated by….
Thanks for the brass-resonator tip. Tried to make a sax sound but did not succeed. If someone has a cool sax or any other brass/reed sound for Plasmonic….?

Use the Filter -> Resonator routing
Philippe

That string pad sounds really beautiful!

In love....
If i werent already..... I would like to marry you

This f.e. is a simple brass. OSC 1 ➡️ Resonator ➡️ Filter.
Of course saturation and moving values at the right moment are important too.
That is the nice thing with Plasmonic. Just very tiny movements can create a whole new timbre....or just make all a mess :)
Where I am not quite happy are still some clicks and pops which are hard to get rid of. Voice stealing and legato handling could be better as well for my taste.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... mple-brass

I find myself intrigued. How is everyone liking this so far? Any major complaints, or even small nit picks?

I'm not interested in it for accurate acoustic emulation, but more experimental acoustic-like stuff
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 pm I find myself intrigued. How is everyone liking this so far? Any major complaints, or even small nit picks?

I'm not interested in it for accurate acoustic emulation, but more experimental acoustic-like stuff
That's exactly what I am using it for , it's simply amazing
Plasmonic reminds me a lot of der zyklus 'biometry album' , of course it's not made with plasmonic since the album 10+ years old ,but you catch my drift , lot's of tuned karplus strong and resonators
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VSgU62jcX0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDLKtiCp3ao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDtZJ6ntIyw&t=24s
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Does it have a randomizer feature like absynth?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No.

Check out the demo

How is M1 support coming along?

Aiynzahev wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 pm I find myself intrigued. How is everyone liking this so far? Any major complaints, or even small nit picks?

I think it’s very good for that kind of thing. I really never use it for realistic type sounds.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

machinesworking wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:11 am How is M1 support coming along?
Brian said he is working on it... there is no timeframe.

Aiynzahev wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 pm I find myself intrigued.
That is good news! Love your work on Hive, Dune 3, Repro and Serum.

Plasmonic is one those rare synths that have this "acoustic/realistic" presence. Some call it organic. The interface is for some an acquired taste but it grows on you after using it for a while. Plasmonic is capable of wide range of timbres including the realistic ones.

Return to “Instruments”