PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Ah, but MPE has 5 dimensions. That must count for something, surely?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Well, I just watched this video (impressive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdyhNKTYjvE&t=16s

And it says it's available Spring 2020.

Well, so much for that.

yeah, not as if anything major happened that might delay something...

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 pm yeah, not as if anything major happened that might delay something...
there was that toilet roll shortage, maybe he had the shits?

Project creep is a real possibility here.

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:34 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 pm yeah, not as if anything major happened that might delay something...
there was that toilet roll shortage, maybe he had the shits?
he still sat there, unable to even reach his phone to get someone else to drop some over.
:(

There is a absynth plasmonic FB group.

I asked about the gui. Brian answered that the final gui will have the same layout we have seen but will look much nicer.

Join the hype train :))))❤️

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:22 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:17 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:11 pm Now I don't know about THAT fact, but the possibility you specifically mentioned was never the case.
Come clean and let us know what happened and not only what did not happen.
Or at least say as much as you know. :)
Everyone here is very interested to know.
I'm not privy to the details. And even if I were I couldn't really share that info. I just know that Brian is no longer with NI.
I'm sure it's as simple as his contract ran out, and either negotiations over money didn't work out or Brian just wants to go on his own. Self employment has massive benefits over working for a company if you're willing to take the risk.
Of course it is far from impossible for other developers to just pick up the codebase and continue, despite it being Brian's baby or whatever. It's just code, in the end.
I would love this to be true, but I seriously doubt it happens. Just going on other examples in the industry, notably Arturia and the guys who coded early synths for them like the Jupiter etc. who left to form Xils. Though Arturia gave them a new GUI and other minor things.

Mostly I'm just hoping it makes the transition to Apple silicon. Brian was a Mac OS coder to begin with, so hopefully that means an easier time with it. NI's end of the line compatibility record isn't the greatest but there seems to be an effort lately to fix that, and transitioning a product that's very likely to stay the same for years on end, that isn't a "flagship" of their line anymore is a great test of this.

experimental.crow wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:32 pm i'm beginning to suspect that jumping to conclusions is the only exercise you get ...
I loved that book as a kid. Don’t remember much about it.
Stormchild

I wonder what will come first, this, or my Osmose!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

anyone heard any news regarding this? Im so pumped to try it out :party:

July 20th is the latest video preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46tz1d92Cw

Erisian wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm July 20th is the latest video preview

why is there a radiator in that video? :hihi:

Ahahahah :D

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:38 pm
Erisian wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm July 20th is the latest video preview

why is there a radiator in that video? :hihi:
To pretend it has a warm sound?