PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Lol. oh rest assured I did not cure or lighten my GAS it went elsewhere but it did revel this Holiday Season.
Plus the 17th isn't here yet :)

rsp
sound sculptist

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:43 pm Am I just too stupid to disable note triggering, or is there a bug that you can't disable it (only use a pulse to trigger e.g. the impulse sample)?
ADSR A is always triggered. It's logic, not a bug. The AD and R can be set as short as 0.0001 sec should you wish.
ADSR B and forth, right click on the "T" next to the ADSR's and choose/select trigger method.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

liv wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:06 pm
ReleaseCandidate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:43 pm Am I just too stupid to disable note triggering, or is there a bug that you can't disable it (only use a pulse to trigger e.g. the impulse sample)?
ADSR A is always triggered. It's logic, not a bug. The AD and R can be set as short as 0.0001 sec should you wish.
ADSR B and forth, right click on the "T" next to the ADSR's and choose/select trigger method.
Thanks, but that's not my problem.
What I'm talking about is that a pulse (Pulse A, B or C) is always retriggered by a note on. So even if I set something to only be triggered by e.g. 'Pulse A' and not 'Note On' it is also triggered by note on, because that restarts Pulse A.

You can for all ADSR but not ADSR A.
Philippe

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:21 pm
What I'm talking about is that a pulse (Pulse A, B or C) is always retriggered by a note on. So even if I set something to only be triggered by e.g. 'Pulse A' and not 'Note On' it is also triggered by note on, because that restarts Pulse A.
Ah, yes, true. I assume it's by design.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

It’s V1 first release, I’m sure there are a ton of things that can and will be improved...hopefully there will be a way we can feedback ideas to the dev in a constructive way.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

liv wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 pm
ReleaseCandidate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:21 pm
Ah, yes, true. I assume it's by design.
Yes, just got the answer from Brian, that's like that as of now, you can't change the behaviour.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:30 pm Physical modelling synths have 'a sound' (even hybrids) and I guess you either like it or you don't. Same with FM, PM, WT and VA I guess...Personally I love PM, probably why I have Chromosphere, Noisy and Plasmonic ;-)
Chromosphere ? What is it ? (Chromaphone mb)

c_voltage wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:09 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:30 pm Physical modelling synths have 'a sound' (even hybrids) and I guess you either like it or you don't. Same with FM, PM, WT and VA I guess...Personally I love PM, probably why I have Chromosphere, Noisy and Plasmonic ;-)
Yup :hihi: crossed it with omnisphere!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 pm
Omniphone?
https://omniphone776792973.wordpress.com/

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:22 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 pm
Omniphone?
https://omniphone776792973.wordpress.com/
:hihi:

I really, really want to like Plasmonic. I have the demo. I love Absynth. I really want to love Plasmonic, but I'm failing.

For PM, I have AAS's Chromaphone and String Studio. But for the life of me, I can't find much of anything from Plasmonic that I can't get between those two.

Help me out.

rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 pm I really, really want to like Plasmonic. I have the demo. I love Absynth. I really want to love Plasmonic, but I'm failing.

For PM, I have AAS's Chromaphone and String Studio. But for the life of me, I can't find much of anything from Plasmonic that I can't get between those two.

Help me out.
Plasmonic does MPE for one thing

Plasmonic also has a lot more modulation possibilities. Various String Studio parameters cannot be modulated or can only be modulated by a couple dedicated modulators. So I can add more expressive nuance in Plasmonic cause basically every parameter can be modulated by all mod sources.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 pm
rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 pm I really, really want to like Plasmonic. I have the demo. I love Absynth. I really want to love Plasmonic, but I'm failing.

Help me out.

Plasmonic also has a lot more modulation possibilities. Various String Studio parameters cannot be modulated or can only be modulated by a couple dedicated modulators. So I can add more expressive nuance in Plasmonic cause basically every parameter can be modulated by all mod sources.
On top of that, it's not a comparison I would make. Plasmonic is like Sculpture and Absynth more than it's Like String Studio.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:20 am
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Help me out.

On top of that, it's not a comparison I would make. Plasmonic is like Sculpture and Absynth more than it's Like String Studio.
Interesting. String Studio and Chromaphone are based around impulses and resonators. Absynth's sound sources are Single, Double, FM, Ringmod, Fractilize, Granular, and Samples (with Resonator more as a final, optional, insert effect).

Return to “Instruments”