VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

niiice
Philippe

zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:25 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:36 pm If you really like physical modeling and appreciate the subtle nuances and like organic sounds that could be from some exotic acoustic instrument, then this synth is excellent. From that standpoint, a no brainer purchase imo.

The ability to fine tune a sound is precise with deep modulation possibilities. Whether for MPE or regular midi controllers, one can make expressive sounds that are musical and pleasing.

It's a speciality synth, not a workhorse.
Sigh..
And this was the endorsement that took me over to buy :).

It downloaded in seconds for me, for both mac and pc.
rsp
So if you hate it, it will be my fault... :hihi:

lol. of course...
lol
and your punishment? make some patches for me..lol

So far it is nice, a tad 'bright' for me but that is easy to fix. But I am here for Brian's journey :)
rsp
sound sculptist

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:59 pm .......

I think that's enough to get me to download the demo. What's the copy protection? Trying to ween off of dongles (although I did just buy Avenger :x ).
Not sure if you found this out in the interim.
It is a simple serial number.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:43 pm lol. of course...
lol
and your punishment? make some patches for me..lol

So far it is nice, a tad 'bright' for me but that is easy to fix. But I am here for Brian's journey :)
rsp
I can accept that :-)

Same here... on both counts... :tu:

This is really a wonderful instrument. I love those playable soundscapes with all these rhythmic stuff going on and with that nice organic taste. I just begin to see how much potential it really has. This could maybe be a new favourite tool for me. A single preset has just so much life and you really do not have to do much. First I thought 2 OSC, noise and a resonator isn't much but I was wrong.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/plasmonic-dreams

I tagged this thread early on knowing this would be a beautiful beast of a machine, and after buying it before the price increase I can say I am more than happy with the engine behind this thing. The high frequency stuff the resonator resonates is quite delicious! Really clever internal gain routings (want to shove ten tonnes of awfulness into the resonator? go for it!) and the modulation, though a little unconventional, sits quite nicely after a while. It's easy to think around.

My _only_ gripe would be that there is no key-tracking modulation source that I can find. Is it called something odd? Ah, and being able to feedback the output from the resonator into the filter and back into the resonator would be awesome, but I understand the engine (or probably CPUs) might not be up to that.

Other than that, I know I could spend weeks pootling around on this thing without a care in the world! So, thanks Brian, if you're reading. "Got it, love it" and you can quote me on that. :)

CinningBao wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 pm My _only_ gripe would be that there is no key-tracking modulation source that I can find. Is it called something odd? Ah, and being able to feedback the output from the resonator into the filter and back into the resonator would be awesome, but I understand the engine (or probably CPUs) might not be up to that.
You have it for every modulation at the bottom of the Modulation Matrix : « Keyscaling per octave », with choice of slope points (note) and lo hand hi values.
Last edited by p1afff on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 pm
CinningBao wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 pm My _only_ gripe would be that there is no key-tracking modulation source that I can find. Is it called something odd? Ah, and being able to feedback the output from the resonator into the filter and back into the resonator would be awesome, but I understand the engine (or probably CPUs) might not be up to that.
You have it for every modulation at the bottom of the Modulation Matrix : « Keyscaling per octave », with choice of the low and high slope points (note) and values.
Ah, flippin' ell, yes I _did_ find that yesterday now I think about it. But, yes, I remember, to get a shallow key-tracked pan the values were super small (1 or 2% or so) which made me think it needs re-scaling. Of course, that could be my misunderstanding.

thanks Philippe - I'll take another look this evening.

I just tried to redownload my order from Fastspring but for some reason it is only giving me a link for the Windows version (I am on Mac)

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:25 pm I just tried to redownload my order from Fastspring but for some reason it is only giving me a link for the Windows version (I am on Mac)
I tried the same yesterday and I got only the link to the Mac version - we could swap :hihi: (I don't actually need it tbh).
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

It's just a concern if I need to update it - I presume it's still on v1 at the moment though

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:20 pm It's just a concern if I need to update it - I presume it's still on v1 at the moment though
I had the same too, no mac link... I did let support know.

Yes, mine is v1.0.0. There is a "check for update" option next to the title under the ▼arrow, but it currently says "Plasmonic is up to date".
No idea how the update procedure will work once there actually is an update.

My first try with Plasmonic and the Seaboard. Please read the notes on the video page.

http://youtu.be/0fmLiAECn9A

Return to “Instruments”