ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I still had a backup of the Nexus 2 DLL, so I loaded it up in Komplete Kontrol and played the Axel F preset. After that I switched back to Nexus 3 to play the new 'Crazy Alex' preset.
I made a video of it, with Nexus 2 playing in the first part and Nexus 3 in the second part. I just held one note (F) on my keyboard in both Nexus 2 and Nexus 3. It's quite obvious the new version is 'simplified' to avoid copyright issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMndUr3wi0

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:26 pm It's early days and it smells like a big fat bug to me. But on the other hand, I remember being met with both hostility and ridicule when making 3rd party soundsets for N2, so who knows? Maybe reFX have gone full paranoid and won't let users make their own edits / alterations / presets. Hope not.

/C
your Nexus Reloaded Soundset also doesn't work anymore, I am realy f**ked up about reFX.
My komplete Kontrol templates also don't work. Paid 100€ for this update and everything gets worse.

Nobody talking about the fact the details before release said there would be 200+ new factory presets? Guessed they scratched that idea.

Also, read earlier in this thread there was to be a black Friday discount on top of the upgrade discount, guessed they scratched that too?

BennyLucassi wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 am Nobody talking about the fact the details before release said there would be 200+ new factory presets? Guessed they scratched that idea.

Also, read earlier in this thread there was to be a black Friday discount on top of the upgrade discount, guessed they scratched that too?
There is a new ROM 2 expansion with 360 presets. Can't speak about the discount, but I don't particularly remember that being said. There are many expansions that have moved in to the legacy category, and all expansions discounted, but no discounts for nexus or its upgrades.

Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 pm I still had a backup of the Nexus 2 DLL, so I loaded it up in Komplete Kontrol and played the Axel F preset. After that I switched back to Nexus 3 to play the new 'Crazy Alex' preset.
I made a video of it, with Nexus 2 playing in the first part and Nexus 3 in the second part. I just held one note (F) on my keyboard in both Nexus 2 and Nexus 3. It's quite obvious the new version is 'simplified' to avoid copyright issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMndUr3wi0
That's a pretty clear proof. It's definitely copyright issues.

So i purchase nexus and cant use it because it wont activate. Think I'm going to ask for a refund or do a chargeback on my CC if this doesn't get fixed by tonight. I don't have the patience for this nonsense, nor should I need to.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
m-ac wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:52 pm
Reefius wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:43 pm
commodore wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:27 pm Reefius, would you be willing to send those screen shots to refx in a ticket? maybe they can answer quickly.
Ticket created, but I think I can predict the reply... We don't own anything, we only have a license to use the software and the presets, so they can remove whatever they want.
Did you see my post above? It looks like you've got the right numbers now and your library was messed up beforehand.
No, he is right. The following 42 original presets of this particular expansion disappeared:

Code: Select all

BR Real Blade Runner!.fxp
DL Blade Runner Drums.fxp
DL Hart to Hart Beat.fxp
DL Knight Rider Beat.fxp
FX Back to the Future G 160BPM.fxp
FX Max Riff G 140BPM.fxp
LD Knight Rider Lead.fxp
PN Cpt Future Piano.fxp
SQ Airwolf 1 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Airwolf 2 A# 135BPM.fxp
SQ Axel F Beat.fxp
SQ Axel F F 117BPM.fxp
SQ Blade G# 136BPM.fxp
SQ Blade Runner C 114BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Fut Intro F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Capt. Future F 128BPM.fxp
SQ Central Park F 120BPM.fxp
SQ Chipmunks!  C 162BPM.fxp
SQ Das Boot C# 140 BPM.fxp
SQ Ghostbusters B 115BPM.fxp
SQ Halloween F# 130BPM.fxp
SQ Hart to Hart D 145BPM.fxp
SQ Knight Rider F# 114B.fxp
SQ Lost Patrol G 90BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II D 130BPM.fxp
SQ Lotus II Intro D 130 BPM.fxp
SQ Mac Gyver D# 145BPM.fxp
SQ Magnum E 130BPM.fxp
SQ MaxHeadroom G 140BPM.fxp
SQ Miami Vice A 116BPM.fxp
SQ Missn Impssbl G 95BPM.fxp
SQ Monkey Island E 85BPM.fxp
SQ Neverending Story C 144BPM.fxp
SQ R-Type D# 125BPM.fxp
SQ SledgeHammer A160BPM.fxp
SQ The Addams A# 180BPM.fxp
SQ The Saint G# 150BPM.fxp
SQ The Terminator D 90BPM.fxp
SQ The Tripods A 120BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1 D# 185BPM.fxp
SQ Turrican 1+ D# 185BP.fxp
SQ Turrican 2 D# 185BPM.fxp
I downloaded that expansion back in 2018 (I haven't installed reFX Cloud) and those presets aren't on my folder. Nexus 2 ofc.

X86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 am So i purchase nexus and cant use it because it wont activate. Think I'm going to ask for a refund or do a chargeback on my CC if this doesn't get fixed by tonight. I don't have the patience for this nonsense, nor should I need to.
The activation system still seems to be broken. But the “by tonight” feels a bit extreme. Give them a couple of days. The seem to be working diligently.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:46 am
X86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 am So i purchase nexus and cant use it because it wont activate. Think I'm going to ask for a refund or do a chargeback on my CC if this doesn't get fixed by tonight. I don't have the patience for this nonsense, nor should I need to.
The activation system still seems to be broken. But the “by tonight” feels a bit extreme. Give them a couple of days. The seem to be working diligently.
Its broken, yet all these people in here have it activated? Honestly this is a professional company not some half arsed company run out of a dudes basement. A few days is ridiculous and unacceptable. They can verify my activation through my email in a few minutes. Not necessary to wait a few days. They have my money I want the product I paid for.
Last edited by X86 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don’t have it activated yet. Haven’t been able to. They are aware of the problem.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

How in the hell, do we turn off/ disable the preview, I updated to 3.0.3, and cant stand this crap, I never use it with my Komplete Kontrol MK2, and I'll be damned if I start using it now. I hate it, Please tell me this can be turned off!!

I went to work this morning, and loved it, came back from work, and cant stand it.. wtf make this n option please!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I have read tons of forum posts about ReFX and how they are total scummers to their customers. Support cool dudes like Steve Duda from Xfer or U-HE for example.

trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 am How in the hell, do we turn off/ disable the preview, I updated to 3.0.3, and cant stand this crap, I never use it with my Komplete Kontrol MK2, and I'll be damned if I start using it now. I hate it, Please tell me this can be turned off!!

I went to work this morning, and loved it, came back from work, and cant stand it.. wtf make this n option please!
There is a knob for the preview volume just above the browser area. Just turn it all the way down

trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 am How in the hell, do we turn off/ disable the preview, I updated to 3.0.3, and cant stand this crap, I never use it with my Komplete Kontrol MK2, and I'll be damned if I start using it now. I hate it, Please tell me this can be turned off!!

There’s also a preview on/off option under the system menu.

Thank God. and reFX ;) thanks for letting me know guys..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”