ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Reefius wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 pm It looks like Nexus 3 doesn't properly recall some presets in a DAW project.

Can someone try this, so I'm sure it's not just me:
- Load an instance of Nexus in a new DAW project (I tested with Cubase and Ableton Live)
- Select plugin 'AR After Midnight 1 B' (it's in the factory bank)
- Record or draw some notes
- Save project
- Quit DAW and reopen it
- Load the project

One of the layers now plays the default SAW Init preset.
Yes, I can confirm that behavior on macOS 10.14.6 in Cubase 10.5.0 with Nexus 3.0.8.
The same thing happens sometimes when I save user presets originally edited from factory presets (deactivating layers for example) and recall them in the same session.

Thanks, I've submitted a ticket.

Haha...if I learned something after the release of sampletank4 is to never volunteer being an unpaid beta tester :D

The good thing is that the dev is fixing bugs like hell!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:03 pm The good thing is that the dev is fixing bugs like hell!
Yep, he's been extremely active fixing things. I'm very happy about that.

Can you alter key velocity -> filter envelope in N3?

Nexus 3.0.10 update
CHG Renamed "features" page to "layers".
CHG Preset loading is now triggered with "cursor-right".
CHG Removed preset-name tooptip in favor of a context-menu.
FIX Fixed preset recall under very specific circumstances.
FIX Improved stability.

commodore wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm Nexus 3.0.10 update
FIX Improved stability.
Thanks for this. When I updated, I didn't see any of the new changes at all, so dug around. Turned out that, for me anyway, reFX Cloud has not been updating the vst2 version since 3.0.3, and only updating the vst3 (this is in Win 10). I have a support ticket with them, as there appeaars to be no way to change plugin file paths in reFX cloud, only the content.

The VST3 version is working nicely, I definitely prefer the preset name context menu over the tool tip - good how it takes you to that expansion in the browser if you click it.

I'm doubtful they'll ever be able to match the plugin load time of the old version, its literally the only thing I miss though.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am I'm doubtful they'll ever be able to match the plugin load time of the old version, its literally the only thing I miss though.
Are you saying it loads presets slower now, and not 90% faster as per the release notes, or do you mean loading the actual plugin itself?

m-ac wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:55 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am I'm doubtful they'll ever be able to match the plugin load time of the old version, its literally the only thing I miss though.
Are you saying it loads presets slower now, and not 90% faster as per the release notes, or do you mean loading the actual plugin itself?
The actual plugin itself. Preset loading is very snappy.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 am The actual plugin itself. Preset loading is very snappy.
Ah ok, thanks. How long are we talking, out of interest?

m-ac wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:30 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 am The actual plugin itself. Preset loading is very snappy.
Ah ok, thanks. How long are we talking, out of interest?
Hmmm.... 4 secs maybe? Used to be almost instant.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

X86 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:35 pm
mladi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:03 pm The good thing is that the dev is fixing bugs like hell!
Yep, he's been extremely active fixing things. I'm very happy about that.
I submitted some suggestions to their fast support team and the dev literally implemented some of them under a day. Impressive!

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am
commodore wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 pm Nexus 3.0.10 update
FIX Improved stability.
Thanks for this. When I updated, I didn't see any of the new changes at all, so dug around. Turned out that, for me anyway, reFX Cloud has not been updating the vst2 version since 3.0.3, and only updating the vst3 (this is in Win 10). I have a support ticket with them, as there appeaars to be no way to change plugin file paths in reFX cloud, only the content.

The VST3 version is working nicely, I definitely prefer the preset name context menu over the tool tip - good how it takes you to that expansion in the browser if you click it.

I'm doubtful they'll ever be able to match the plugin load time of the old version, its literally the only thing I miss though.
Just go to your users temp folder there is the .exe and you can change your path manual

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:08 am Thanks for this. When I updated, I didn't see any of the new changes at all, so dug around. Turned out that, for me anyway, reFX Cloud has not been updating the vst2 version since 3.0.3, and only updating the vst3 (this is in Win 10). I have a support ticket with them, as there appeaars to be no way to change plugin file paths in reFX cloud, only the content.
In the cloud tool options, disable `Run plugin installers silently`. Then you can run the installer and pick a location.

Next version of the cloud tool will have an option to set the path.

Return to “Instruments”