ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

In some ways I can't blame Refx completely, as Native Instruments makes the process ridiculous for Nks, but as I mentioned Freelance labs has a formula that works well and he is able to support a large number of Komplete Kontrol libraries.
I can't remember the reason why they haven't contracted him, but at the very least, Refx could indeed offer incremental support for NKS,one library at a time.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I dont know how many Nexus customers need NKS, but I guess its not really that many
Last edited by msvs on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

trusampler wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:42 pm So lets get this clear now, I upgraded my Nexus 2 to Nexus 3, and still can use v2 for old projects using 2.7.3 etc..

Is refx saying that if you surrender the dongle they give you an expansion? This is completely confusing me. What's the correct information here regarding the free soundpack, or is that even a thing?
I had no clue about this until I read that post earlier. There seems to be alot of confusion regarding the whole N3 upgrade process.
Nothing confusing actually.
You upgrade to v3 and (at least on Mac) all old songs that used Nexus V2 opens fine as V3 replaces all V2 instances.
And since they changed the copy protection, N2 license on the e licenser is no use anymore. Just sits there for nothing.
And a few days ago Refx said that if you like you can surrender that license and in return you can get a free expansion. It is up to you to do it. You don't have to.
Which for me makes sense since the license has no use and you can not sell it and no need to keep it for a second system as N3 comes with 2 licenses anyway.
I think by giving a free expansion they are trying to overcome the illegal resale of N2 License.
Last edited by andypryce on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nm

+ 1 for NKS

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:38 pm And a few days ago Refx said that if you like you can surrender that license and in return you can get a free expansion. It is up to you to do it. You don't have to.
Which for me makes sense since the license has no use and you can not sell it and no need to keep it for a second system as N3 comes with 2 licenses anyway.
I think by giving a free expansion they are trying to overcome the illegal resale of N2 License.
I read from that offer here the first time, too. I'm thinking about to buy an Nexus expansion, so if I'll buy the upgrade to Nexus 3 instead, will I get that offer per mail from refx or how does this working?

I did the exchange - after checking a whole bunch of older tracks to confirm that they did open up just fine and the Nexus patches sounded the same (which they did).

Not a bad offer, actually.

I'm using Nexus more and more.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

clipnotic wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 pm
andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:38 pm And a few days ago Refx said that if you like you can surrender that license and in return you can get a free expansion. It is up to you to do it. You don't have to.
I read from that offer here the first time, too. I'm thinking about to buy an Nexus expansion, so if I'll buy the upgrade to Nexus 3 instead, will I get that offer per mail from refx or how does this working?
I have received an email about the offer around last week. So I guess you should get the offer right after your purchase.

andypryce wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:19 am I have received an email about the offer around last week. So I guess you should get the offer right after your purchase.
Okay, thank you!

And the old expansions really sound exactly like before and the effects also?

I bought the update and now I'm waiting for the mail with the "License For 1 Expansion Deal" :D

Installation was easy and fast, here they could make marketing like "needs just a few clicks" :wink:

I tested several songs and all tracks are loading and the sounds are the same, I can't hear differences. :tu:

One track with 6 instances needs more time to load and as I closed it, it hangs for a short time and I thought it crashed, but didn't.

Overall they improved really much and added many great features, a much better browser, nice GUI, great arpeggiator, the trance gate has a much better view ...

Well, if'll get the "License For 1 Expansion Deal", I have nothing to criticize and that's rare! :D

clipnotic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:30 pm

Well, if'll get the "License For 1 Expansion Deal", I have nothing to criticize and that's rare! :D
I think you can just follow this link:

https://refx.com/nexus/exchange/

No need to wait!

Yes thanks, a cool user here told me that, too and it worked very good and that's a good deal, because you'll get a free USB connection, too! :tu:

I had just one little problem in FL Studio. As I disconnected the USB dongle for Nexus2 after the upgrade, I got an error message, that Nexus2 needs the dongle ... even though Nexus 3 was installed and the old license deleted. Restart didn't help, but then I deactivated the two Nexus dll in the FL Plugin Manager, activated them again and now it works without the dongle.

sacer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm+ 1 for NKS
NKS support is live. Update the Cloud App and then enable NKS in the settings.

FigBug wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:32 pm
sacer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm+ 1 for NKS
NKS support is live. Update the Cloud App and then enable NKS in the settings.
Incase anyone else is confused (like I was), thats the settings within the cloud app itself and not nexus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great News!! Thanks ReFX, been waiting along time for this!!! Merci
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”