ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I have no idea how many they have, I know of one with 100% certainty.
My experience is earlier here.

Just saying be careful.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

anyone can be sure, they will only "revoke" a license with a very very serious reason and in absolutely rare and special cases. (misuse, harassment, fraud etc)

discogsaddict wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:17 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:45 pm It also means though, if your N3 license is revoked for whatever reason, you wouldn't be open your older projects with N2.
rsp
Have they revoked many peoples licences? I cant think of any reason why that would happen to me
I open Remakes that I find online and alot of people use the pirated Nexus with random presets. I sometimes have trouble opening these projects as the new Nexus 3 gets confused.

Is there any chance I might get my license revoked? I just paid $2,000 for it :/

I have an on going issue with reFX right now, where after I installed Nexus 3 to a new cpu and activated it, Each time I load N3, I get an error message and it makes me re-activate it each time.. They are aware of it, but they we're extremely rude to me saying they've never had any other users with this issue, even the creator of N3, sent me a message..
I'm putting it out here now for KVR to see, refx is f**ked up, instead of being respectful, they told me to just sell it off.
Refx, if it's not for customers like us, you have no business,so you need to learn to respect your customers, listen to what we're telling you is wrong with your software, you do have bugs in your software.. and I don't give a damn if jesus didn't see this particular bug,it's still there..And don't threaten your customers, because the same ones that support you,can be the same ones that destroy you.
So keep disrespecting your customers , I'm personally saving every bit of our conversations we have.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Has anyone bought the everything bundle? Even though it’s $2k, it seems to be an incredible value (150 expansion packs and N3). Even adding about 20 of the legacy expansions has me at $400.

tdm71 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm Has anyone bought the everything bundle? Even though it’s $2k, it seems to be an incredible value (150 expansion packs and N3). Even adding about 20 of the legacy expansions has me at $400.
I should have. I bought the $400 bundle and keep on buying new expansions. I think I'm about to reach $2000 soon. :scared:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:34 pm
tdm71 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm Has anyone bought the everything bundle? Even though it’s $2k, it seems to be an incredible value (150 expansion packs and N3). Even adding about 20 of the legacy expansions has me at $400.
I should have. I bought the $400 bundle and keep on buying new expansions. I think I'm about to reach $2000 soon. :scared:

Haha, right?! I only added the N3 upgrade and 17 all legacy expansions and I’m at $400. I have N2 and about 15 old expansions and I’m about 400 in. I wonder what I should do? Bet I only have about a week left hmmm😕

Personally I chose NOT to take the $2000 bundle because there are a lot of expansions I'll never use (hip-hop, Hollywood, après-ski...).
BUT. Listen to the expansions you like and might buy some day and do the maths... If you're under $2000 don't. Easy after all. ;)

Refusing the $2000 offer can take you there... :D
nexus-expansions-ok.jpg
You always buy more and more expansions... and might end up spending more than $2000... :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:49 am Refusing the $2000 offer can take you there... :D

nexus-expansions-ok.jpg

You always buy more and more expansions... and might end up spending more than $2000... :dog:
I know that’s the thing! You’ve got a ton! Do you find N3 really good? I’ve always been cautious to dump too much into it because it’s the whole “you can’t edit it” thing but if it has what you want, why care?

Btw: which ones are your favorites?

For the moment I'm more than happy with it. I used to work with Nexus 2 more than ten years ago and never owned it. And finally I purchased Nexus 3 a couple of weeks ago. I'm absolutely amazed by the sound on my system. The presets have a "ready to work with" sound that no other synth proposes. It's made to work fast.

Only a couple of expansions have an underwhelming sound imho, such as the 7 Skies ones, that I didn't purchase. And personnaly I don't think the Hollywood bundle works well. You can find way better orchestral sounds for Kontakt.

Yes, you can't edit every patch you want, sometimes they're limited, but it's not the point. If you want the sound of Nexus but want to be able to tweak the sound to taste, then Avenger is the anwser. But CPU is not the same. Nexus takes barely NO CPU AT ALL. So it can be your go-to for every single backing synth, or lead synth if you find the perfect one.

Regarding expansions, I absolutely love the Tropical House ones, and the Kamui bring very surprising, unhead before sounds. Make sure you listen to these ones. They bring something very fresh that you don't hear in every synth around. :tu:

DJErmac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am For the moment I'm more than happy with it. I used to work with Nexus 2 more than ten years ago and never owned it. And finally I purchased Nexus 3 a couple of weeks ago. I'm absolutely amazed by the sound on my system. The presets have a "ready to work with" sound that no other synth proposes. It's made to work fast.

Only a couple of expansions have an underwhelming sound imho, such as the 7 Skies ones, that I didn't purchase. And personnaly I don't think the Hollywood bundle works well. You can find way better orchestral sounds for Kontakt.

Yes, you can't edit every patch you want, sometimes they're limited, but it's not the point. If you want the sound of Nexus but want to be able to tweak the sound to taste, then Avenger is the anwser. But CPU is not the same. Nexus takes barely NO CPU AT ALL. So it can be your go-to for every single backing synth, or lead synth if you find the perfect one.

Regarding expansions, I absolutely love the Tropical House ones, and the Kamui bring very surprising, unhead before sounds. Make sure you listen to these ones. They bring something very fresh that you don't hear in every synth around. :tu:
Same here, I used Nexus 2 years ago but never upgraded. I forget what level of tweaking you can do? Can’t be any worse than the romplers that dominated the charts back in the day? Funny you mentioned Avenger. I’m contemplating that too with the sale for the fact it seems to be the best of both but I’ve heard it’s a cpu monster. I just want to tweak not create from scratch

The CPU problem is a legend. A guy here made a comparison of all wavetable synths. Guess what ? Avenger was the LOWEST when trying to make the exact same things.
aviary-image-1610330278220.jpeg
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=527679&hilit=Wt+synth+comparison
It’s because most of the patches use a lot of effects that it can produce this illusion.

Tweakability in N3 is mostly about what layers you can disable. Most of the time it works perfectly to get what you want, but sometimes you get sh¡t : for examples with some SQ presets that have ARP-programmed rhythms. If you only want the snare drum, then good luck... :/
But it’s a very specific case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Definitely try out Avenger as there is a demo.
That chart does not at all concur with my own experiences, at all.
And no I didn't try an init patch, since I never make music with init patches :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”