ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

My question is: how does this affect other products on my e-licenser?

Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:52 pm Will we be able to upgrade Nexus2 to Nexus3 once the Steinberg server has been shutdown? Judging by the announcement, it doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.
So it`s (through Steinberg server shutdown later than) kind of a forced-upgrade to Nexus 3 for all who have Nexus 2 license? Or did i get it wrong? :?

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:58 pm I think so - though the trade-in Nexus 2 license for a free expansion may be more tricky:
Thanks! I would have missed that!

Cyforce wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 am So it`s (through Steinberg server shutdown later than) kind of a forced-upgrade to Nexus 3 for all who have Nexus 2 license? Or did i get it wrong? :?
Almost like a...mandate? ;)

At least they're giving us a free expansion worth up to $90 (maybe even $269 if the Hollywood Bundles count), so it's a carrot and stick situation (hint, hint US government).

JonSolo wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:39 am My question is: how does this affect other products on my e-licenser?
It looks like they will keep working all the while your e-licenser does. But the day it breaks... pfft.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Cyforce wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 am
Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:52 pm Will we be able to upgrade Nexus2 to Nexus3 once the Steinberg server has been shutdown? Judging by the announcement, it doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.
So it`s (through Steinberg server shutdown later than) kind of a forced-upgrade to Nexus 3 for all who have Nexus 2 license? Or did i get it wrong? :?
The real problem is not so much they will suddenly stop working in Jan or even June after the grace period, it's that your elicenser becomes literally irreplaceable. At the point it ceases to work - either physically breaks or, say, through an OS update - you are stuffed. That's kind of a big deal.

The best thing developers can do is to offer new CP for their existing and legacy products, either free or paid. For reFX that's their Cloud that is used with Nexus 3. So it's not forced per se, but I'd definitely want to move if I wasn't already on 3.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

might it be possible to clone the elicenser?
i got still Hypersonic2 and some other licenses on my stick, i wont let them destroy my licenses. they should just make the software licensefree or whatever, this is ridiculous, again legal customers just thrown away. wish that companies would be more supported which care for customers and not such BS
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Mehr ambient new age sounds für Nexus wäre nice.Samples von D-70 Space Dream oder Jd-800 Hearts of Space Z1 K5000 usw.

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:04 pm Mehr ambient new age sounds für Nexus wäre nice.Samples von D-70 Space Dream oder Jd-800 Hearts of Space Z1 K5000 usw.
Tell me more, please.

More ambient new age sounds for nexus would be nice.
I like the enigma project and this sounds are hard to find.
Please make samples from pads of the D-70 (space dream) the TG77 Z1 K-5000 JD-800 FS1r and so on.

I own or have owned all of those synths. I made over a terabyte of samples from them. Does ReFX work with third parties?

btw, the new JD-08 with 128 voice polyphony looks pretty amazing.

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:23 pm More ambient new age sounds for nexus would be nice.
I like the enigma project and this sounds are hard to find.
Please make samples from pads of the D-70 (space dream) the TG77 Z1 K-5000 JD-800 FS1r and so on.
you should check out the upcoming "Vintage Synths" expansion I recently finished
there is a teaser in the Nexus FB group

Manuel what is this expansion ? https://refx.com/nexus/expansion/ambient-sci-fi

Is there a demo it is not in the expansion list ?

N4.jpg
out now

2021-11-26

new:

Front panel
The reverbs gained a "shimmer" effect.
Output scope is now synced.
Added new spectrum analyzer.
Added new spectrum analyzer (bars).
Added new spectrogram.
Added new vector scope.
Added new stacked spectrum analyzer.
The skins can now be selected from the three-dot menu.
Hovering over your avatar reveals sync state and statistics.
Your avatar now has a sync and online indicator.

Librarian
The search-field works for folders too now.
Folders can be added to favorites.
Folders are separated by headers, for a clearer overview.
The librarian has a history now, so if you get lost, you can go back easily.
The results are also separated by headers now, when sorted by category.
The preview on/off toggle is now next to it's volume dial, for quicker access.
The tag-display has been modernized.

Arpeggiator
The arpeggiator gained an fully interactive, zoomed out overview at the top.
A new option to "follow" has been added, so when zoomed in it follows the playback.
New editing options have been added (duplicate).

Modulation
The LFOs gained a view of their current shape and output value.
The Mod-matrix sources can now be "shaped" for more accurate control.
The Mod-matrix sources fields are now wider, allowing to read macro-names.

Effects
Effects can now be re-arranged by drag'n'drop.
Added "glitch" FX.
Added "ott" compressor FX.
Added "magnetic" insert FX.
Added "noise" insert FX.
Added "razor" insert FX.
Added a fifth insert FX slot.
The whole FX chain can be saved and loaded.
Each effect has a small set of presets, serving as starting points.

System
NEXUS has never been faster and better!
Preset loading times and CPU performance have been vastly improved.

Instance
Added option for "arp-sync". Defines how the arp plays when releasing all keys.
Added "microtuning" option with lots of presets. Can also load any .scl file your throw at it.

Preferences
Added "unbounded" mouse, which allows adjustments even for values close to screen edges.

Presets:
adds 260 new factory presets, which equals 2 expansion packs alone
Automatically store your favorites, bookmarks, user presets, and settings in the cloud.
Getting back your content when installing NEXUS4 on a new computer has never been easier.

more improvements under the hood, so that the new expansions can be even better and more complex

https://refx.com/nexus/version/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by msvs on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:34 pm Manuel what is this expansion ? https://refx.com/nexus/expansion/ambient-sci-fi

Is there a demo it is not in the expansion list ?
You need to pay the upgrade fee to nexus 4 (even though nexus 3 just came out not long ago) for the privilege to purchase that expansion as well as the EDM 7 and all new expansions going forward.
Last edited by X86 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”