ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:00 pm these and all future expansions will be N4 only of course
Did you ran out of money while building your super luxus studio in your basement (as seen on youtube) or why you guys treat your customers like that?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Kerching!

mladi wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:59 pm
msvs wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:00 pm these and all future expansions will be N4 only of course
Did you ran out of money while building your super luxus studio in your basement (as seen on youtube) or why you guys treat your customers like that?
Come along now.

Manuel is a good guy and he's very helpful here. His company is Vengeance, not reFX, though he does have connections with reFX (honestly, I still don't understand it). Anyway, he's not the one to blame for this fiasco. Try contacting reFX support with your views, and post the replies here - that's always entertaining.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

"of course" :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

new expansions use N4 features and are therefore no longer downwards compatible to N3. All sound designers working for refx got the new N4 to work with. So thats the simple reason. I dont think this has anything to do with my studio...

Ah. Maybe it's time to close this thread.

Yea...if only Nexus 4 were a reasonable upgrade. New plugs cost $99. Updates...not even half that. When a Rompler depends on sound packs added to make sound, it blows my mind that the PLAYER costs so much.

Nothing you you msvs... just commenting on the player. Love your expansions.

thank you :)

So any news when N5 will arrive next year for another 99€ with a few little changes here and there but no downward compatibility?

mladi wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:06 pm So any news when N5 will arrive next year for another 99€ with a few little changes here and there but no downward compatibility?
Nexus itself is downward compatible, all new expansion are not because of those little changes you mentioned :hihi:

I stand corrected - upward compatibility not downward..

So N4 will become obsolete too just like N3 is now (if you want to buy newest exp)?!. What a great product you guys had created. Some stupid people will still buy from you but the bigger part of course will move on. Do you saw the poll here in the other thread? Any word on this?

What exactly has been improved? From what I see it more sounds, a more complex browser and deeper access to layers? This is a very confusing update.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

there is a list of new features and improvements on the refx website. Some things are under the hood like faster loading and less CPU comsumption.

@Mladi. I am sorry, I am the wrong person to discuss this

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:46 pm there is a list of new features and improvements on the refx website. Some things are under the hood like faster loading and less CPU comsumption.
Yeah, exactly. That's why I posted here. It's a very confusing update. Pigments 3.5 dropped yesterday as a free update and it seems to contain more than what N4 does. I can easily write down the five top improvements of P3.5. What's the big improvement of N4? I don't get it. I went to the web and just felt confused. Some new sounds and a more detailed browser + better CPU usage?

I really feel I'm missing something here.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

new:
Front panel
The reverbs gained a "shimmer" effect.
Output scope is now synced.
Added new spectrum analyzer.
Added new spectrum analyzer (bars).
Added new spectrogram.
Added new vector scope.
Added new stacked spectrum analyzer.
The skins can now be selected from the three-dot menu.
Hovering over your avatar reveals sync state and statistics.
Your avatar now has a sync and online indicator.
Librarian
The search-field works for folders too now.
Folders can be added to favorites.
Folders are separated by headers, for a clearer overview.
The librarian has a history now, so if you get lost, you can go back easily.
The results are also separated by headers now, when sorted by category.
The preview on/off toggle is now next to it's volume dial, for quicker access.
The tag-display has been modernized.
Arpeggiator
The arpeggiator gained an fully interactive, zoomed out overview at the top.
A new option to "follow" has been added, so when zoomed in it follows the playback.
New editing options have been added (duplicate).
Modulation
The LFOs gained a view of their current shape and output value.
The Mod-matrix sources can now be "shaped" for more accurate control.
The Mod-matrix sources fields are now wider, allowing to read macro-names.
Effects
Effects can now be re-arranged by drag'n'drop.
Added "glitch" FX.
Added "ott" compressor FX.
Added "magnetic" insert FX.
Added "noise" insert FX.
Added "razor" insert FX.
Added a fifth insert FX slot.
The whole FX chain can be saved and loaded.
Each effect has a small set of presets, serving as starting points.
System
NEXUS has never been faster
Preset loading times and CPU performance have been vastly improved.
Instance
Added option for "arp-sync". Defines how the arp plays when releasing all keys.
Added "microtuning" option with lots of presets. Can also load any .scl file your throw at it.
Preferences
Added "unbounded" mouse, which allows adjustments even for values close to screen edges.
Presets:
adds 260 new factory presets, which equals 2 expansion packs alone
Automatically store your favorites, bookmarks, user presets, and settings in the cloud.
Getting back your content when installing NEXUS4 on a new computer has never been easier.
more improvements under the hood, so that the new expansions can be even better and more complex
source
https://refx.com/nexus/version/

... but I am not on a sales pitch here :) If the features reFX listed there do not convince you, then you maybe just should chose not to upgrade :/

I know you know this Manuel, but although that's a long list, it's all minor dot update stuff. And I also know you know it's pointless any of us going on about it to Mike as we'd just get a volley of abuse.

And I also know you know that the sales is what matters - as you suggest, an awful lot of users are following your last bit of advice to not upgrade. Only you guys know if that proprotion of hold outs even vaguely reflect the dismal poll numbers here.

Just saying though - if a 4.5 update came out with sep outs, I'd jump at it, despite everything.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”