ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Update to DAW crashing, the latest version not yet released (3.0.3) seems to fix the crash in LIVE, not tested in other daws

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 pm
Shizzhead wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:57 pm Im new to nexus, I'm looking at expansions, and when I look at the millennium pop xp I see it says
Presets
XP Millennium Pop150 presets
And then the preset names, and below that it says

XP Millennium Pop Singles152 presets

does that mean the xp consists of 302 presets, that its just divided like that or what? Im confused
Yes, exactly. That's an old one. With the Millennium Pop expansions they provide you with the SQs as well as the separate single sounds from within these SQs. With all other expansions (afaik) you have to turn the layers off yourself to get to the single sounds within an SQ.
oh, i see, thanks :)

someone said they couldn't load presets with arrows - I can, I use arrows and enter.

This Browser is AMAZING!!!

We need qwerty arrow support, like in 2.7.4. please ;))
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Update 3.0.3 Available - still crashes studio one when going thru reverbs, switching to solar crashes S1 V4 - windows 10
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm Just that you know, the new ROM Extension 2 as well as these new expansions exclusively for Nexus3 also create an NKS folder within the Content folder. So the Komplete Control S keyboard on Michael's desk and on the start page of refx.com really seems to tell us that there will be NKS support!
Yes, the manual mentions upcoming NKS support.

The audio previews aren't across the board yet, most expansions and the original factory content don't have them it seems, just like the tagging.

Using the arrow keys to preview and enter to load works really well imo, but it would be nice to have a preference to just load the patch right away. I guess the previews are the reason why the behaviour changed (left / right doesn't change columns btw), it should in theory be super-quick to audition this way, but on an SSD its no slouch to load the patches themselves.
If you load N3 in Komplete Kontrol App, the new Rom Expansion lights up your Keyboard accordingly. Loving that!

Dope!!
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Well got confirmation about somethings i am not happy about at all.
1. It doesn't consistently save the GUI last used size or save a size via Cubendo's default preset.
2.You can't midi cc anything, including the new four macro knows. wtf!!
and for me had I know would have been a dealbreaker.
3. your Nexus 2 favourites are kaput. Everytime I buy bank from any developer for any synth I spend hours going thru favouriting patches so when I am in a project, which in multimedia always has a tight deadline, i can immediately go to patches that sparked my creativity. All those are now gone.... N3 won't read them.

rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:45 pm
trusampler wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:32 pm thanks, but we can't add layers to build our own patches?
no this never was and never will be in Nexus, at least not in the foreseeable future
Nexus stays what it should be and what it was made for: powerful preset workhorse
That's why, I do not buy XP for this software anymore. :wink:

Can anyone confirm or deny that Nexus2 (if you haven't done anything except open it in your DAW as usual) is still functioning as expected? Surely they can't kill the goose that laid the golden eggs!?

Can anyone tell me what I should or shouldn't do when I open my N2 to keep it running as it has these last few years, assuming it even will?

I just knew ReFX was rushing this upgrade! Wet paint all over the place!!!

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:52 am 2.You can't midi cc anything, including the new four macro knows.
That is a good spot, and a very surprising omission. A lot of the controls are automatable (on fixed CCs), but for some unfathomable reason they left off the macros. Hopefully one for an update at some point.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Thanks for all the feedback of Nexus 3. I'll stick to Nexus 2 for a while. Checking again after first major updates have rolled out on Nexus 3.
Amram wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:45 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqF0bHTyTDg
I read this forum on my phone, and I fast read that mini preview title and thought it read "The Terrible Nexus 3 and I"... :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi All, is anyone try to use new arpegiator with full access to 16 layers. I looks as one big benefit from N3 if you like SQ presets. I am wonder if this new functionality really give the user possibility to change melody line and rythm of each details layer from SQ.
Anyone tried this?

Ghislain2b wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 am
msvs wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:45 pm
trusampler wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:32 pm thanks, but we can't add layers to build our own patches?
no this never was and never will be in Nexus, at least not in the foreseeable future
Nexus stays what it should be and what it was made for: powerful preset workhorse
That's why, I do not buy XP for this software anymore. :wink:
this is A BIG bummer for me, i mean nexus 3 i expected more than just tagging, new gui and arpmanagement. it is no synth but why cant i combine/add layers etc.? this would save more instances and would still be a preset horse? so i dont understand this logic at all.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”