Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:59 pm This thread might help (Steinberg forums->Padshop)

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 8&t=172929
Okay, I'm the dumb guy. :dog:
I forgot to activate the Zero Gravity sound set in their eLicenser.
Everything's now working and sounding superb!

Postscriptum:
Obviously I'm not the ideal Steinberg customer who is able to handle three different programs just to download and install a sound set.
Applied Acoustics is more my experience level: two clicks and it works...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:36 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:08 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm Is Zero Gravity that good? Looking at it now.
I found Granular Guitars better/more useful after listening to audio demos. YMMV though. Haven't got either of them yet. Not sure whether I will, but if I do get, it will be Granular Guitars.

EDIT: Just listened to Granular Symphonies and man, that sounds great too. Kinda ignored it because of the name. Not sure how it would fit in the music, but worth looking at. Granular Guitars still wins in my opinion, though.
In Granular Symphonies (which was the first Padshop library I made for Steinberg) the focus is much broader, I sampled male overtone singing, female voice phrases and voice effects, cello, violin, various saxophones, duduk, music boxes, french horn, flutes and whatnot.

Granular Guitars is all about guitars, I hired a fantastic guitar player (and several Marshall amps) for the electric guitar sounds and abused various acoustic instruments myself with a plethora of tools (concert guitar with nylon strings, steel string guitar, mandolin, psaltery, oud and more).

Here is a Youtube playlist with all the 14 videos I made for Granular Guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnloNxn ... 4-O2vXEKxv
Man, I feel silly now. Somewhere in my mind I was thinking it was you only who made them, but after seeing the name mentioned on Steinberg website and searching your website to find those soundsets to buy them (which I could not find, I understand why now) I thought otherwise. Basically, can't explain exactly the thoughts in my mind right now. :oops:

Huge respect to you for creating these outstanding libraries. :clap: Coincidentally, but unsurprisingly, I liked your libraries best. :tu:

Thank you so much for the explanation and the videos. I will be watching them tomorrow, as I need to go to bed soon, and get Granular Guitars or Granular Symphonies. Would be really happy to get it. :)

A quick question: I will get more "playable" stuff (for melodies, riffs, etc.) in Granular Guitars compared to Symphonies, right?

Off topic, but I hope you will be creating a preset library for Pigments 2 in future, especially focusing on pads, keys, mallets and bells sounds.
No need to feel silly at all. Both libraries (sold exclusively by Steinberg) will work for melodic stuff, I always try to keep the balance between one-finger excitement and patches which create only one pitch per key (or octaves/fifths). Pigments 2 is on the list but first Padshop 2.

Calenberger wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:41 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:59 pm This thread might help (Steinberg forums->Padshop)

Postscriptum:
Obviously I'm not the ideal Steinberg customer who is able to handle three different programs just to download and install a sound set.
What are the sounds like? For what sort of genres?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Postscriptum:
For me it's a source for ambient, retro, chill, cinematic, spacey, lo-fi stuff. It has a certain instability inherent due to its granular character which is for me quite attractive. It sounds lively, not sterile. Not quite EDM. But tastes differ. For 15 euronen (there's 50% off currently) it was an impulse buy for me which I will not regret.

50% off?

How?

nathanj wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:24 pm 50% off?

How?
USE THE CODE "EOY2019" TO SAVE 50%

Nice! Thanks!

Calenberger wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:18 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Postscriptum:
For me it's a source for ambient, retro, chill, cinematic, spacey, lo-fi stuff. It has a certain instability inherent due to its granular character which is for me quite attractive. It sounds lively, not sterile. Not quite EDM. But tastes differ. For 15 euronen (there's 50% off currently) it was an impulse buy for me which I will not regret.
thanks. the steinberg page does a crappy job of show what it sounds like.

I only see one short video and this

https://soundcloud.com/steinbergmedia/z ... or-padshop
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:25 pm No need to feel silly at all. Both libraries (sold exclusively by Steinberg) will work for melodic stuff, I always try to keep the balance between one-finger excitement and patches which create only one pitch per key (or octaves/fifths). Pigments 2 is on the list but first Padshop 2.
Interesting. I will be picking up one of them shortly.

And good to know that PIgments 2 is on the list. Best wishes! :)

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 pm thanks. the steinberg page does a crappy job of show what it sounds like.
Hope you saw the complete list of audio demos here:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... avity.html

There is a playlist of 12 tracks if you click on the burger (?) icon on top right of the audio demos screen.

Bought Granular Guitars. Sounds awesome! :tu:

Is there any other way to resize the display? It has a high DPI mode, but I have a 1920 by 1080 res monitor. I'd like it to appear a bit larger on my display.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So if this 50% off for the upgrade from padshop pro 1?

It doesn't seem to work for me. Anything I'm missing. I add the code to the redeem section but then the field just disappears and the price stays the same

Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:35 am Is there any other way to resize the display? It has a high DPI mode, but I have a 1920 by 1080 res monitor. I'd like it to appear a bit larger on my display.
Doesn't seem so, unfortunately. :(

nathanj wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:53 am So if this 50% off for the upgrade from padshop pro 1?

It doesn't seem to work for me. Anything I'm missing. I add the code to the redeem section but then the field just disappears and the price stays the same
No, the discount of up to 50% is only applicable on products listed here.

https://new.steinberg.net/promotion/?ut ... BTO-N63AI1

Return to “Instruments”