Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Anyone had the chance to play with that fresh new spectral resynthesis oscillator? I didn't update yet and won't be able for some time, so I was wondering what people think of it... Seems like quite an impressive addition in combo with the granular.

Do I need a USB eLicenser or not?

99% sure it’ll be the soft elicencer.

Nice upgrade.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.
there is a 'high dpi mode' item in the tools menu - but it's greyed out and unselectable when instantiated in reaper

Anyone using cubase 10/10.5 in hidpi mode tried padshop2 and seen if it tracks the hidpi setting in cubase - I'm wondering if it merely doesn't support hidpi in non-steinberg hosts?

Calenberger: as I am always f..... with all these Steinberg license desasters I can give no definite general answer. But I bought Padshop Pro with Elicenser and now Padshop 2 upgrade (after the usual struggle of getting it to work at all...) is installed on elicencer to but I have no clue if there would have been any other option I am glad that it runs now....

jdnz wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Hopefully they will make it resizable in a near-future update.
there is a 'high dpi mode' item in the tools menu - but it's greyed out and unselectable when instantiated in reaper

Anyone using cubase 10/10.5 in hidpi mode tried padshop2 and seen if it tracks the hidpi setting in cubase - I'm wondering if it merely doesn't support hidpi in non-steinberg hosts?
silly me - forgot that hidpi support is still 'experimental' in reaper and has to be enabled. Turned that on a 'hi dpi mode' in padashop2 is now selectable, but no matter what scaling factor I set in windows (125%, 150%, 200%) turning it off/on in padshop2 makes no diff, still a small ui.

suspect scalability of padshop2 is definitely host specifc :-(

Dont understand that some devs still dont make GUIs resizeable in 2019 (actually we are almost in 2020)....? Is it a rocket science or plain old laziness? Only thing why I ditched PadShop Pro and never ever use it as its causing eye strain...

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:19 pm The elicenser plugin itself will show both versions,
I upgraded from Pro v1 to v2 just now, actually the elicenser manager will show only "Padshop 2" license, since after insert\apply new code to manager, starts some upgrade license process which replace Padshop Pro license in manager.
But, i also tried run Padshop Pro before install v2, and it works ok with new license - that good.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 pm I upgraded from Pro v1 to v2 just now, actually the elicenser manager will show only "Padshop 2" license, since after insert\apply new code to manager, starts some upgrade license process which replace Padshop Pro license in manager.
But, i also tried run Padshop Pro before install v2, and it works ok with new license - that good.
Thanks for your input. Interesting cause Steinberg is well known messing real bad licence management & stuff regarding updates and such. Good to know it was painless & mostly a transparent process.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:23 pm Thanks for your input.
Glad if helps.

What about new spectral oscilator, though did quick checking yet, but preliminarily feelings, that in Reason's Grain this spectral mode give more interesting result\abilities and gives a wider range of difference (compare with usual grain engine). While in Padshop it's give non principal difference (but again - need test more, just it first glance).
Though frankly i never been a fan of exactly sound result of Padshop grain engine (so, i can be not very objective a bit ), but i like this product in whole form (like pretty quality product\synth), and like some addition to granular stuff collection ofcourse. But, no more than that.

Added: and noticed that spectral can be quite CPU eater here during large "Number" knob (number of voices) amount together with long release. Especially if not decrease the polyphony number from 16 to less.
For example:
1) Spectral mode: default poly (16) and max Number value (8.0) + max release time = 41% to one core during all active voices.
2) The same in Grain mode: about 13% to one core
Of course, these conditions can rarely be used, but just as info.
(And in Reason's Grain the spectral mode more heavy for CPU too)

Eye strain getting me too, especially when I want to lean back in my chair and experiment with sound design for hours. It sucks getting older, but it sucks even more knowing it's 2019 and we are still having these limitations.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Seems obvious, but... i have way less eye strain since i switched to a bigger monitor. Used to have it a lot really, on my old 22"...

I got bigger monitor (went from 22" to 24"--not huge leap, I know), but it actually is more legible on the 22".

I was confused on which version of Pashop I currently have--I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago. When I open it, it says "Padshot/1-Padshop" in the top bar, but in the bottom right corner it says, "PADSHOP PRO" with the "PRO" letters in red. But checking my invoice, it is Padshop Pro. Weird labeling system they have.

Windows 10, Studio One DAW.
Paid $29 for the upgrade from Padshop Pro to PS 2. I uses E-Licenser. It replaced PS Pro, but it keeps its' patches in addition to the new PS2 patches. I also can open patches from the "Zero Gravity" collection. They are all in the patch browser.

Sounds nice, but haven't really delved into it yet.

Mike

Return to “Instruments”