Opinions on MassiveX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X Zebra

I love this update :love:
I love the original Massive (and NI presets in general). They are great for industrial, ambient and electronica in general :D

At first I thought NI is going the wrong direction, but I'm very glad I was wrong! Now, that I have my setup (mostly NI products) I really feel "Komplete" :hihi:

The integration with M32 and Maschine mikro inside Maschine 2 is fantastic! I even begin to use Maschine 2 as my main host! It is simple and fast (reminds me of Orion). It makes me concentrate on the song structure through patterns with the necessary midi tools. The most I need is a good quantization! That's it! I can play all the parts ;) I really don't miss the gazillion features from other DAWs!

Massive X is becoming my favourite wavetable synth, while Super 8 is becoming my favourite analogish synth and with this update I really feel relieved that NI will continue polishing this synth like it did with the original Massive :) Thank you NI :D

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 pm I have to say, calling this rather little update as "1.2" doesn't sound very encouraging
Yeah... 1.1.1 would be more like it. Dropping presets on the UI adds them to the user folder is the only functionality addition... nothing to do with the actual synth or UI

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:51 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 pm I have to say, calling this rather little update as "1.2" doesn't sound very encouraging
Yeah... 1.1.1 would be more like it. Dropping presets on the UI adds them to the user folder is the only functionality addition... nothing to do with the actual synth or UI
new presets, bug fixes, enhancements... why does it matter if they see it as '1.2'? such petty stuff happens on this forum. :roll:

Omg. Really ? :lol:
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:40 pm
Yes, this was a really, really small update. For instance, when Hive was updated to 1.2 it got a complete wavetable engine.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:57 am
Yes, this was a really, really small update. For instance, when Hive was updated to 1.2 it got a complete wavetable engine.
Exactly.

good then that we have the 'numbers police' here... to point out these important things, to tell us how developers should define their updates... :clap: :roll:

Gotta love the expert consumers :hihi:
:borg:

1.2 much :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

fisherKing wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:59 am
good then that we have the 'numbers police' here... to point out these important things, to tell us how developers should define their updates... :clap: :roll:
Dude, the facts are against you. Bitwig 3.1 - new functionality. Hive 1.2 new functionality. You’re probably too young, but Live 1.5 had huge functionality. Pretty sure a 9.X update did too. I love MX, every update is welcome, but yeah, this is more like a 1.1.x release.

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 pm For non link clickers-

Massive X 1.2 - 2019-12-18
ADDED The Lightguide on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboards indicates the remote octave of the Performer
ADDED Dropping presets on the UI saves them in the user folder
ADDED 100 new Factory Presets
IMPROVED Demo time has been increased from 30 to 60 minutes
FIXED Stereo Delay with sync no longer causes audio dropout on selection of another track
FIXED Vertical Grid in the Tracker editor no longer shows wrong values
FIXED The Exciter Envelope display curve no longer jitters when "Hold" is set to 0 and "Ratio" is moved
FIXED The INIT preset is loaded in Pro Tools on initial loading
FIXED All parts of the application now mark the current preset with an asterisk when edited
FIXED Freezing and unfreezing of a track now results in the same sound. This occasionally was not the case before
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load
Showing correct preset name on project reload?

Guess this major feature will be left for version 2.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:10 pm Not tried the latest presets yet, but I didn't warm to the initial bunch. I get that NI wanted to showcase what it can do, but that can often lead to show-boating, in lieu of usable sounds.
The irony is that to show off the real quality of the sound engine, you need to go back to simpler fayre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4VbwK6foh8
Thanks el-bo. That's generally a bit classier and less in-your-face than a reFX-style demo, and I think probably better than the stock presets. I'm not at all sure I'm hearing anything that I couldn't get from other synths though. I got more excited by what Raum can do - a free reverb - than anything I hear here.

Again, it clearly works for many people and I'm not denying its good at what it does, I'm just hoping that one day I'll hear one patch and properly get it for the first time.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Go download Firefox, already at version 71.0 :phew:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:55 am
Dude, the facts are against you. Bitwig 3.1 - new functionality. Hive 1.2 new functionality. You’re probably too young, but Live 1.5 had huge functionality. Pretty sure a 9.X update did too. I love MX, every update is welcome, but yeah, this is more like a 1.1.x release.
Look at the previous Icarus update 1.6 ( from 1.5 )... it was a large update with lots of new synth functionality

Anyway, NI can do what they want... just for me, when I saw 1.2 I expected more than a minor maintenance update.

I mean you really have to complain about this ? Who cares what number they give it.

Anywho, they also gave us 100 new presets. Others would call it an "expansion" and sell it for 30 to 50 bucks.
More BPM please

Return to “Instruments”