Releasing FATBOY Rompler VST 32 / 64 bit windows

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
experimental.crow
KVRAF
6043 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 am

vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 am
would a rose by any other name, not smell so sweet?
easy for you to say , Mr. Montague ...

yobare
KVRian
1107 posts since 17 Nov, 2007 from Europe

Re: Releasing LEGAL Rompler VST 32 / 64 bit windows

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:43 am

What colour wishes do you want? Green red?

How about using green Colours and same concept stay with legal name and make Wood sides?

yobare
KVRian

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:58 am

Im up to listen on what you People say im not Wana be selfish Into this. Im willing to Change the design for you. And im up for possible fixes to. I Wana make an usefull rompler for you and im very sry it wont be able for mac yet its because its flowstone. And i Will Always keep low Price on this rompler. And expansions Will be like 5-10 dollar. And i cant compare this rompler to the c++ Ones but i made my best job on it with huge help from Others on the flowstone forum for example rex basterfield. Without him i would not have a rompler at all.

Anyway i Will make this rompler in intrest what you guys want for a low Price. And 25% of the money Will go to rex b. Hes an moderator at flowstone forum. Also just pls download and try it out.

It use Wave files for samples. So you Will be able to make your own expansions and even sell them and infected sounds Will take 0% money for your own sales.

So pls give me ideas for design.

And what expansions you wish.

I Will start redesigning tomorow.

And what vurt says like c++ its diffrent from flowstone. But its still Good to be flowstone and i did my best on it.

And vurt is right with legal it sounds lethal. Vurt pls give my baby a New name :) dident Think about it but now when you say so. I Think ur right

AnX
KVRAF
5745 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:51 am

you use cyan on a lot of your stuff, i really dont like that colour... if you do, that's fine.

make whatever pleases you

as for a name...

LEGION

vurt
addled muppet weed
54759 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:55 am

yobare wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:58 am
Im up to listen on what you People say im not Wana be selfish Into this. Im willing to Change the design for you. And im up for possible fixes to. I Wana make an usefull rompler for you and im very sry it wont be able for mac yet its because its flowstone. And i Will Always keep low Price on this rompler. And expansions Will be like 5-10 dollar. And i cant compare this rompler to the c++ Ones but i made my best job on it with huge help from Others on the flowstone forum for example rex basterfield. Without him i would not have a rompler at all.

Anyway i Will make this rompler in intrest what you guys want for a low Price. And 25% of the money Will go to rex b. Hes an moderator at flowstone forum. Also just pls download and try it out.

It use Wave files for samples. So you Will be able to make your own expansions and even sell them and infected sounds Will take 0% money for your own sales.

So pls give me ideas for design.

And what expansions you wish.

I Will start redesigning tomorow.

And what vurt says like c++ its diffrent from flowstone. But its still Good to be flowstone and i did my best on it.

And vurt is right with legal it sounds lethal. Vurt pls give my baby a New name :) dident Think about it but now when you say so. I Think ur right
im not sure i said any of the stuff about coding :o
wouldn't have a clue :lol:

also, i said the name wasnt important, the quality of the device is!

although i do like "legion"
(was a great episode of red dwarf too)

SampleScience
KVRAF
3941 posts since 31 Oct, 2004 from Mtl, Canada

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:01 am

vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:41 am
Teksonik wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:15 am
I'm not sure it's all about the look. One named Lethal, One named Legal, both sample based, very similar appearance.

I wouldn't be worried about what people think but I'd be concerned what Lethal Audio's Lawyers think...... :?
why? it's legal, says so on the gui.
:lol: :lol:

yobare
KVRian

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:20 am

Yes legion and red. Should i do Wood on the sides?

BlackWinny
KVRAF
4257 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 am

Any color you like. Just beware: never use red elements on black or very dark background. It is one of the basic principles in IT design.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

layzer
KVRAF
6622 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 am

Russell Grand wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:45 pm
Lethal doesn't hold a copyright on a design like that, there are now numerous GUIs with the same look. Youbare, please don't feel like you have to change the GUI just because a couple people are more preoccupied with the design than the sound of the plugin.
And.......with as many plugins flooding the market now, anything new is bound to look like something else ... :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Russell Grand
KVRAF
2157 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 am

Teksonik wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:15 am
I'm not sure it's all about the look. One named Lethal, One named Legal, both sample based, very similar appearance.

I wouldn't be worried about what people think but I'd be concerned what Lethal Audio's Lawyers think...... :?
Fair points.

Russell Grand
KVRAF
2157 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:50 am

layzer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:43 am
Russell Grand wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:45 pm
Lethal doesn't hold a copyright on a design like that, there are now numerous GUIs with the same look. Youbare, please don't feel like you have to change the GUI just because a couple people are more preoccupied with the design than the sound of the plugin.
And.......with as many plugins flooding the market now, anything new is bound to look like something else ... :idea:
Exactly. Tek makes a good point about the names also being similar; he may be onto something there. However, the other comments were simply calling out the GUI similarities and I think that's kind of silly for the very reason you mentioned.

Besides, Yobare isn't profiting off of his creation and it's not like Lethal Audio is some software giant. I doubt they have high-cost lawyers waiting at the ready to pounce on any freeware developer that dares to create a plugin that has some similarities to their flagship product. Guess I could be wrong, though .. :shrug:

vurt
addled muppet weed
54759 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:55 am

BlackWinny wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 am
Any color you like. Just beware: never use red elements on black or very dark background. It is one of the basic principles in design.
yes, red on black is a no no!
plays havoc with some peoples eyes and looks a bit... er... you know...

Halonmusic
KVRAF
3026 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:03 pm

Black on red then? :hihi:
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6043 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:36 pm

anxiously awaiting yobares' release of 'bomnisphere' ...

yobare
KVRian

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:22 am

Will start on the design very soon. And i hope you Will like the New tool better then. Its way better with some own style then looking like all Other romplers

Return to “Instruments”