ANA 2, DS Thorn or Biotek 2? Black Friday sales!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 BioTek 2 DS Audio Thorn Hybrid 3 SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster One Vacuum Pro Xpand!2

Does ANA2 require any form of hardware ID when authorizing or is it just a simple keyfile?

Thanks

ANA 2 uses a license key for authorization. After you login to your account on their website you can download it from there.

You should have mentioned what kind of music you 're making. Judging by the soft synths you have I would recommend ANA2 for you. Very nice classic sounding synth. A workhorse synth IMHO. It only needs to get polished a bit, but I'm sure it will eventually. The sound is great, but little bugs here and there can get annoying. Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:07 am You should have mentioned what kind of music you 're making. Judging by the soft synths you have I would recommend ANA2 for you. Very nice classic sounding synth. A workhorse synth IMHO. It only needs to get polished a bit, but I'm sure it will eventually. The sound is great, but little bugs here and there can get annoying. Cheers!
You're right, I forgot to mention that, I make House, Deep House, Progressive House and TechHouse, but, more to the "underground" side, and thanks for your recommendation!
zzz00m wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 pm I have Biotek 1 and 2. I would say if you really like Biotek 1 and use it, then you would like the new interface, including the preset browser improvements in Biotek 2. Much improved browser! Now with a very usable filter with columns by author, category, style, etc. Plus you get some great new presets, including 100 custom designed by Richard Devine.

Other enhancements to automation and filtering, and a couple of new oscillator types are included, spinal saw, and granular.

But I don't think I would really compare Biotek with the likes of ANA or Thorn. They appear to be aimed at different markets. I really think Biotek is deep and a quite capable synth that excels in atmospheric or ambient soundscapes (due to the sample playback oscillators, and a bazillion modulation options).

But for electronic leads and basses, one of the others would probably be easier to work with.

Personally, IMHO, I would try to acquire as many diverse types of synthesis as possible, rather than many that sound alike. You end up with more sonic options that way.
That is the idea, to have a variety of synthesizers but with a different character and sound. Thank you for your detailed description about Biotek! :tu:
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:04 am Did you need those synths before black friday sales or any kind of sales ? :D

imagine im a GAS councelor :lol:
Honestly? Yes, I was working with many free Synths but, truth be told, to get better sounds with good quality, variety, with an improved and better workflow, well, then I decided to invest more in this matter

Besides... there's a voice in my head that tells me that I need at least one more synth... :D :D :D

Just a little update...
Thanks to everyone but... I didn't do what I had said before about the 3 options... because I bought ANA 2 and Thorn, I could not resist xD
Biotek 2 upgrade has to wait

Return to “Instruments”