Komplete 12 upgrade worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NI is having a half off sale and I'm interested in getting komplete 12 standard upgrade. I have komplete 11 standard. Is it worth the $100 to upgrade to 12? I know the two features that standout are massive x and kontakt 6.

Massive X has minor issues, but it's a monster synth worth much more than 100 bucks.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

3ptguitarist wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:19 pm NI is having a half off sale and I'm interested in getting komplete 12 standard upgrade. I have komplete 11 standard. Is it worth the $100 to upgrade to 12? I know the two features that standout are massive x and kontakt 6.
You can only answer if is it worth it by yourself. You will be using (or collecting) the bundle, not us. I upgraded to collectors edition because i wanted the big orchestra libraries. So it was worth to me and other stuff was a great addition.

nachenko wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:20 pm Massive X has minor issues, but it's a monster synth worth much more than 100 bucks.
And it's :love: future :love: is far brighter

than it's :x launch :scared:

Now that it's safely off the launchpad, momentum is building
and some great 3rd party sounds are showing up,
as creators work out the methodolgy under the hood :hyper:

I ended up upgrading. Will get it soon.

Is the CE or even ultimate worth it?

3ptguitarist wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 pm I ended up upgrading. Will get it soon.

It depends, I guess. Regarding synths, you are already served. You have Reaktor, Massive X, FM8, Form and Monark. All the big NI ones are already there. The only one missing, I think it's Razor. Super 8 is not included in any Komplete edition.

Regarding drumkits you already have a few. Abbey Road blablabla... And Rickenbacker bass, Guitar Rig...

What you're getting for the most part if you upgrade is lots of samples and cinematic stuff. Thrill, Rise and Hit, Elect if Sunburst, more orchestral libraries... Those are very specific products, but if you're into it, worth the price. Please notice that Stray light is not included, it's too new.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:47 pm
3ptguitarist wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 pm I ended up upgrading. Will get it soon.

It depends, I guess. Regarding synths, you are already served. You have Reaktor, Massive X, FM8, Form and Monark. All the big NI ones are already there. The only one missing, I think it's Razor. Super 8 is not included in any Komplete edition.

Regarding drumkits you already have a few. Abbey Road blablabla... And Rickenbacker bass, Guitar Rig...

What you're getting for the most part if you upgrade is lots of samples and cinematic stuff. Thrill, Rise and Hit, Elect if Sunburst, more orchestral libraries... Those are very specific products, but if you're into it, worth the price. Please notice that Stray light is not included, it's too new.
Thanks for the advice. I like cinematic orchestral sounds, but I'm kinda a beginner at music recording. I may wait on ultimate or CE.

If you're going to upgrade to Komplete , I would suggest going with Ultimate over the collector's edition. You'd be better off buying dedicated string, Brass, and woodwind libraries for Kontakt instead of collector's edition. If you're just starting out in orchestral I would suggest looking into Orchestral tools Inspire, Red Room Audio Palette , or Audio Imperia Nucleus for an all in one to get you started. If you get into it enough , then get dedicated libraries the individual sections.

paulmatthew wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:00 am If you're going to upgrade to Komplete , I would suggest going with Ultimate over the collector's edition. You'd be better off buying dedicated string, Brass, and woodwind libraries for Kontakt instead of collector's edition. If you're just starting out in orchestral I would suggest looking into Orchestral tools Inspire, Red Room Audio Palette , or Audio Imperia Nucleus for an all in one to get you started. If you get into it enough , then get dedicated libraries the individual sections.
And there are orchestral instruments bundled in Kontakt Factory library you could try before spending with dedicated libraries

Just bite the bullet and get K12 Ultimate. I went from K11 Ult to K12 Ult on this current sale for $199. The main things I wanted were Massive X and Thrill.

At the very least, with the Ultimate version you'll have so many effects and synths you should be able to inoculate yourself against any cases of GAS for the immediate future.

Of course it worth it! Was about to upgrade it to ultimate, but I expend lot of money on other vst's this BF, now I have to wait until summer :(

It is worth it, if and only if, you have use for at least a couple of those extra features. Especially if Massive X is your thing.

By upgrading, you will increase your tool box, but it might be at the expense of being productive and and decisive about what plugins to use. This decision fatigue is no joke. I’ve learned this the hard way.

I want to upgrade but I’m not sure if I need it or if it’s my GAS doing the talking. :shrug: Until then, I try to stay away.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:36 pm you'll have so many effects and synths you should be able to inoculate yourself against any cases of GAS for the immediate future.
:lol:

Noob!

:hihi:

Adding a question. I've been interested in Reaktor for a while. It's half off right now. Is it in any way a bad idea to buy Reaktor by itself? Long term I've been thinking of Komplete if I go for the summer sale this summer, buying an NI Keyboard/Komplete combo.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”