What are we still lusting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra 3, Bazille 2, Osmose, UDO Super 6

Logic 10.5, Logic iOS version, Drumbo (iOS and mac), Emotional Viola, Bohemian Viola, any P900 update (but maybe i finally can live without it too), Yo-Yo-Ma Cello, new macbook, new generation iPad maybe.
But first winning the lottery could help.
Maybe most important thing is healthiness. But i doubt it is getting better next year.

FM 9 or FM X from NI on the same level in sound with Massive X. Not impossible to be true, but I don't see it near!

I'm lusting for proper support of raster mouse wheel by top synth developers, like it's done by u-he or done for ages in impOSCar 2
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

i am listing for a Jupiter X.

https://www.roland.com/ca/products/jupiter-x/
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Mhhh, i sometimes like the good old simple things.
https://youtu.be/AvCEkDW25xg

2022 update:

apart from a Geist 2 replacement that runs natively on ARM, mainly lusting just for the remaining handful of native Apple Silicon updates of my current setup:
Icarus 2, Vital, The Drop, Impact (i think that should be it)

other than that: the Zebra 3 update is pretty much a given for me
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The next Synthmaster, ie. version 3. I know, this is a non-expensive update.

So is Z3. :tu:
Though i wouldn't have minded if it was more
(not trying to give Urs any ideas though :party: )
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Add me to the Zebra 3 list.

I am "lusting" for a bunch of sales (too many to list, but mostly on effects).

I also can't wait for the Roland V-Synth to make it to the Cloud, but I'm not holding my breath. Probably have to get through the predecessors, first (VP-9000 or something?).

I am lusting for someone to make a good VST version of the FS1R, and I'm furious that no one has yet dared to.

I'd also really like a VST version of the FIZMO (just 'cause), the Hartmann Neuron (YES, I know there is one, it's not really usable right now for me), a GOOD CS-80, the Radias, and a few other classic hardware synths.

I'd really like to see Softube update Parallels, because it's VERY slow to load, and it has some rather frustrating quirks that need ironing-out (or at least alternatives).

I'm lusting for my Novation Summit to arrive. I ordered one two days ago! :wheee:

I'm lusting for the Behringer BBG Wave to come out. I would pre-order it, if I could!

I'd really love a Prophet12. And a Super 6.

I'd love to see Roland ante-up on the System-8 and make a System-12 that has 12 voices, 2 LFOs, 3 envelopes, and better effects. It would also be cool if you could "select" different "classic behaviors" for things like oscs and envelopes, so I could (for example) get a System-100 osc with a Juno filter (you can choose the filter already) and Jupiter envelopes. Call it a "hardware Diva," kind of. I think it's doable, but I am of course not holding my breath. But I've lost the plot, here, haven't I? This isn't "lusting."

I guess you could say I still think there's plenty more fun to be had with synths.

I feel like I'm in the minority in believing that, TBH. It feels like more and more people are starting to feel like we've reached "peak synth."

A 16 voice proper tuning Polyphonic Moog for under $4000 would be amazing.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:43 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:27 pm A girlfriend.
:hug:
:)
:hihi:

I just bought a bunch of cool new h/w synths and effects and now I'm just lusting for more time to use them (and more studio space,... and more inputs on my audio interface,... and more h/w synths... ugh, it never ends)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Introspective wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:55 pm I am lusting for someone to make a good VST version of the FS1R, and I'm furious that no one has yet dared to.
I've been waiting for that ever since I sold mine 10 or so years ago :dog: :(
Introspective wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:55 pm I'm lusting for my Novation Summit to arrive. I ordered one two days ago! :wheee:
Nice! I got a Peak for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it! If I had any more space in my studio, I would've gone for the Summit, but I'm not complaining. :wheee:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Urs wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm
justin3am wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:46 pm I'm lusting for time.
Me too.
I got my wish! I just finished the mixes for an EP and sent them off to be mastered. It should be released in March.

Return to “Instruments”