Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 am On a few of the streaming videos I saw John using what I believe he called a Blue Tongue Drum, he also had a taped version, and maybe even a Black Tongue Drum sample. Are these only available in a preset package he was creating/selling? Are any tongue drums (or similar tuned perc) available in the Unify Factory content? Thanks!
The tongue drum samples will be part of a new $39 library scheduled for release in April.

dune_rave wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:36 am ...the 'instrument' filter is superb, I could quickly filter the patches where I used a specific plugin. I t would be cool, if such filter would exist for the effects, is this planned?
Yes.

Re your other comments, I hear you, and I feel your pain. Eventually we'll fix all this, but it's a bigger job than you might think, and we're still facing higher-priority issues. Thanks for your patience.

I have a couple of plugins that gave me an error message Unify: The Legend and Iris 2. They both load in Unify OK, but it's weird that I get this message when I scanned for plugins.

The error message says:
Note that the following files appeared to be plugin files, but failed to load correctly.

trusampler wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 pm Is it possible for plugin Guru to provide a decent Nks template for customers of both Unify and Komplete Kontrol and Maschine owners. Thanks for the consideration!
One of our customers created a set of NKS patches for the Unify Standard Library as it was at v1.0.6. You can download this at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypf7xnnni61ss ... s.zip?dl=0

Please give this a try and let us know how it works.

getdunne wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 am
Chipi wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 pm Shane give us an option to copy and paste multiple - layers in 1 click please, thannnnnnnnnnks!!!
Can you suggest exactly how this should work? E.g., some way to mark the layers you want to copy, then the usual menu commands to copy and paste?

Also, can you give a specific scenario where this would allow you to do something you can't already do (perhaps with more clicks) with existing features?
Hi Shane,

First I want to thank you for the time you take to answer many questions and feature requests from happy UNIFY users!

The concept that I had in mind and I could capture it in the GIF below, would be that you could be in any sound, and that another window could be opened under a separator with another sound. It would be impressive if you could audition one or the other to select layers of a sound that interests us, copy and paste it to the sound of the main section, and continue pre-auditioning other sounds in the section below. In this way the copy / paste layers and effects function would be very convenient. Thanks for this beast named Unify!

getdunne wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 pm
trusampler wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 pm Is it possible for plugin Guru to provide a decent Nks template for customers of both Unify and Komplete Kontrol and Maschine owners. Thanks for the consideration!
One of our customers created a set of NKS patches for the Unify Standard Library as it was at v1.0.6. You can download this at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypf7xnnni61ss ... s.zip?dl=0

Please give this a try and let us know how it works.
Awesome thanks!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Sounds like hiphop one part in The video.

Testing the current build with the user who made the NKS for Unify.. inside Komplete Kontrol on windows 10, I had 4 crashes in about 10 minutes.
The first two crashes we're after launching Komplete Kontrol, I used the mouse to select Unify inside their browser, and it went straight to Not Responding..
After this I launched Unify, using the MK2 browser,this time I loaded patches from the keyboard, and it was a very pleasant feeling loading these great sounds up.
Scrolling down the Unify list inside KK was great, but then I switched to Absynth, then back to Unify and crash city once again..
So this tells me there's something going on with the loading of patches inside KK and Unify doesn't play well with it yet.

This will be amazing once it's working as users could actually stack sounds in Unify, and save them as patches.. Komplete Kontrol still till this day doesn't have a Multi / Combi patch system. Here's hoping this one gets a look, as there's plenty of guys using this board now.

Thanks for allowing me to test it out.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Love Unify - quick query please likely user error

Any ideas please why mono or poly latch doesn't work with bluearp as a midi effect layer ? Thought it would but doesn't do anything ?

As I said likely user error or by design ?

Thanks

Chipi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 am The concept that I had in mind ... would be that you could be in any sound, and that another window could be opened under a separator with another sound. It would be impressive if you could audition one or the other to select layers of a sound that interests us, copy and paste it to the sound of the main section, and continue pre-auditioning other sounds in the section below. In this way the copy / paste layers and effects function would be very convenient.
We're planning something similar to what you suggest for a future update to Unify.

However, you can already do this by adding an INST layer and choosing Unify itself (i.e., the Unify VST plug-in) as the instrument. You can then open the "embedded" Unify, load patches to audition them, and copy/paste layers into the "outer" Unify, etc. Solo that INST layer to hear only the embedded Unify; Mute it to hear the patch you're building without it.

Unify is just another plug-in. You can even open multiple instances of Unify within Unify.

trusampler wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 am Testing the current build with the user who made the NKS for Unify.. inside Komplete Kontrol on windows 10, I had 4 crashes in about 10 minutes.
Thanks for the feedback @trusampler. I'll add this to my notes, but it will be a while before I can get to it.

Buckster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm Any ideas please why mono or poly latch doesn't work with bluearp as a midi effect layer ? Thought it would but doesn't do anything ?
It will work if you switch BlueARP's "restart on" setting (under "ARP ENGINE" in the GUI) to "1st key".

Fantastic I'll try that - thankyou for taking the time to reply with a solution - much appreciated :)
getdunne wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm
Buckster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm Any ideas please why mono or poly latch doesn't work with bluearp as a midi effect layer ? Thought it would but doesn't do anything ?
It will work if you switch BlueARP's "restart on" setting (under "ARP ENGINE" in the GUI) to "1st key".

Another demo of some of my patches for Unify, people asked for more so here they are... http://www.particular-sound.de

https://youtu.be/Hj8OeRGBseE

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Another great video from John using all three available libraries for Unify with 5 new free patches to download...

https://youtu.be/DDXeZKju58Q
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Return to “Instruments”