Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

FlyingWithoutTickets wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 am I made an account just to come help you all out with the VST Scan Hang issues.

So, I ran across this issue with Ableton/Installing Odesi a while back and I think this might help anyone trying to load large VST libraries into any DaW or tool like Unify...

I had a few free Vst's that I got off Plugin Boutique that kept crashing,
so I searched out this tool that scans VST's..
It's a bit old school, but it helped me get out of that pickle.

https://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/u ... canner.htm

Hopes this helps.. :party:
Thank you for the link. Tracktion has recently published an open-source tool along the same lines, which I hope to start using: https://github.com/Tracktion/pluginval.

What kinds of issues did your VST scanner tool help you find? This could be VERY helpful info for all Unify users.

Any word on the release of Cloud City? Or is its release to be coordinated with the v1.1 update? Thanks!

Cloud City requires features from the upcoming update so won't be released until the new version (in beta) is released.

Ah, I didn't know that. Fair enough! And so the anticipation builds! :)

It's been a great week with the release of Melodyne 5 and Scaler 2.
Only the release of Unify 1.1 can top that.

As of 11:30pm on June 1st, Unify 1.1 hasn't dropped. Perhaps some last minute tweaks...

It's only 8:30 here in Portland:)

There's a post on the FB page:

"Not the news we wanted to share but we have decided to delay the release of Unify 1.1 for a short period of time to fix something that came up in the last stages of or beta testing. We want to provide an update that we KNOW can pass our rigorous testing and we're not there yet.

We will get there and it will be wonderful for all so we appreciate your patience and understanding.

- John & Shane"

Link here

It will arrive when it's ready, just as most of us would prefer!

But the anticipation is killing me!!!

phreaque wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:43 am There's a post on the FB page:

"Not the news we wanted to share but we have decided to delay the release of Unify 1.1 for a short period of time to fix something that came up in the last stages of or beta testing. We want to provide an update that we KNOW can pass our rigorous testing and we're not there yet.

We will get there and it will be wonderful for all so we appreciate your patience and understanding.

- John & Shane"

Link here
----------------------------------
Thanks for the info...

To me, This is very good QC and commendable, And some thing I wish more Developers would do

sent two tickets into support, no answer.. My serial number don't work now, upon a new reinstall ;( help
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:23 pm sent two tickets into support, no answer.. My serial number don't work now, upon a new reinstall ;( help
This can sometimes happen after a major OS update. John should get back to you soon; I will be speaking to him in a short while and will mention this.

awesome thanks Shane.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

dbender wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:51 am To me, This is very good QC and commendable, And some thing I wish more Developers would do
I agree - it's far better that Shane and John are happy with the quality before releasing the update. Much prefer to delay versus a buggy release. I also wish more developers would be willing to hold a release if it's not ready.

Return to “Instruments”