Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
170 posts since 30 Dec, 2008

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:58 am

Can you use Unify to tweak all copies of same synth sumulatiously? (I want to mape poly synth from mono copies, and tweak it all in realtime)

User avatar
KVRist
191 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:11 pm

SoulState wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:58 am
Can you use Unify to tweak all copies of same synth sumulatiously? (I want to mape poly synth from mono copies, and tweak it all in realtime)
Terrific question. Unfortunately the answer is no at the moment. I hope to have something like this in Unify someday, but it probably won't be soon as there are a ton of other priorities to work through first.

What you can do now, though, is set up Unify's Macro controls to adjust the same parameters on multiple INST layers. You can do this quickly by creating duplicate copies of each link, double-clicking the link text e.g. "inst/1/plugin/A Filter 1 Cutoff", and editing it to e.g. "inst/2/plugin/A Filter 1 Cutoff". This is tedious, but all the details get saved with the patch, so you can do it once and use that patch as a template to make new ones, and/or you can save a Macro Definitions preset and re-use that. All the details are in the Unify manual at https://pluginguru.net/unify/manual/dok ... ime-params.

KVRist

Topic Starter

274 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Live Livestream right now Feb 20 3PM ET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0W8-WOA60

KVRist

Topic Starter

274 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:28 pm

To GetDunne;

I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?

Thanks
Mike

User avatar
KVRist
191 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 am

mrsugmad wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:28 pm
I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?
Thanks for your interest, Mike. I'll ask John to respond to this one.

User avatar
KVRist
37 posts since 30 Apr, 2002 from Portland, Oregon USA

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:17 pm

Hi Mike - I have been busy and not able to create the Vital library as quickly as I had hoped. It's in the works and will be more than just a set of new presets. Hopefully I can get back on track to work on this. People that own Unify and have a passion for what it represents keeps sending me Unified libraries for their favorite plugin - at this very moment, I have Bazille, Repro 1, Repro 5, Hive 2, FM TiNES 2, Spitfire Labs and more in a folder to release. It's just amazing how wonderful our customers are but given that it's just Shane, myself and my assistant Taylor, we can only do so much.

It will be worth it when it's out I can promise you that.
mrsugmad wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:28 pm
To GetDunne;

I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?

Thanks
Mike
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

KVRist

Topic Starter

274 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:28 pm

realkuhl wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:17 pm
Hi Mike - I have been busy and not able to create the Vital library as quickly as I had hoped. It's in the works and will be more than just a set of new presets. Hopefully I can get back on track to work on this. People that own Unify and have a passion for what it represents keeps sending me Unified libraries for their favorite plugin - at this very moment, I have Bazille, Repro 1, Repro 5, Hive 2, FM TiNES 2, Spitfire Labs and more in a folder to release. It's just amazing how wonderful our customers are but given that it's just Shane, myself and my assistant Taylor, we can only do so much.

It will be worth it when it's out I can promise you that.
mrsugmad wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:28 pm
To GetDunne;

I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?

Thanks
Mike
Thanks for the quick reply, John and Shane Dunne. I'm an avid Plugin Guru/Unify user. Keep up the excellent work with all your sounds and Unify..

(PS) For those of you who are not familiar with John Lehmkuhl's work, here's a sample:

Hardware and Software-based Synthesizers I have worked on

Korg M1 (PCM and Patch Sound Cards)
Korg M3R (factory voicing)
Korg O1W Series (factory voicing)
Korg Trinity Series (factory voicing)
Korg Triton Series (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
Korg Wavestation (factory voicing, PCM and Sound Cards)
Korg Wavestation A/D (factory voicing)
Korg Wavestation WSSR (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
Korg S-3 Component Drum Machine (factory voicing)
Roland JV-1080 (HipHop PCM Expansion card (created of the loops))
Korg KARMA Workstation (factory voicing)
Yamaha TX-16W (sample libraries)
Roland V-Synth V1 (factory voicing)
Roland XV-5080 (factory drum kits)
Alesis DM Pro (factory voicing of kits)
Korg Wavedrum (DSP algorithm design and factory voicing)
Korg Z-1 (factory voicing)
Korg OASYS (factory voicing)
Korg M50 (factory voicing)
Korg M3 (factory voicing)
Korg TR (factory voicing)
Spectrasonics Atmosphere Plug-In (beta testing & limited voicing)
Spectrasonics Trilogy Plug-In (beta testing & 200+ synth bass patches)
Spectrasonics Omnisphere (beta testing and limited voicing)
Camel Audio Alchemy (beta testing, factory and patch bank voicing)
Native Instruments Absynth (voicing on v1 of Absynth (pre-NI) & voicing for Absynth Sounds Vol. 1
---------------
Music, Sound Rhythm and Remix programming

Hans Zimmer
James Newton Howard
Harry Gregson-Williams
Kenny Loggins
Fleetwood Mac
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Whitney Huston
Richard Marx
Ambrosia
Boys II Men
Randy Jackson
Jon Stevens
Freddie Hubbard
Freddie Ravel
The Yellowjackets
Sandy & Junior

========================================================
www.pluginguru.com

Peace
Mike

KVRist

Topic Starter

274 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:30 pm


Return to “Instruments”