Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Can you use Unify to tweak all copies of same synth sumulatiously? (I want to mape poly synth from mono copies, and tweak it all in realtime)

SoulState wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:58 pm Can you use Unify to tweak all copies of same synth sumulatiously? (I want to mape poly synth from mono copies, and tweak it all in realtime)
Terrific question. Unfortunately the answer is no at the moment. I hope to have something like this in Unify someday, but it probably won't be soon as there are a ton of other priorities to work through first.

What you can do now, though, is set up Unify's Macro controls to adjust the same parameters on multiple INST layers. You can do this quickly by creating duplicate copies of each link, double-clicking the link text e.g. "inst/1/plugin/A Filter 1 Cutoff", and editing it to e.g. "inst/2/plugin/A Filter 1 Cutoff". This is tedious, but all the details get saved with the patch, so you can do it once and use that patch as a template to make new ones, and/or you can save a Macro Definitions preset and re-use that. All the details are in the Unify manual at https://pluginguru.net/unify/manual/dok ... ime-params.

Live Livestream right now Feb 20 3PM ET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0W8-WOA60

To GetDunne;

I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?

Thanks
Mike

mrsugmad wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?
Thanks for your interest, Mike. I'll ask John to respond to this one.

Hi Mike - I have been busy and not able to create the Vital library as quickly as I had hoped. It's in the works and will be more than just a set of new presets. Hopefully I can get back on track to work on this. People that own Unify and have a passion for what it represents keeps sending me Unified libraries for their favorite plugin - at this very moment, I have Bazille, Repro 1, Repro 5, Hive 2, FM TiNES 2, Spitfire Labs and more in a folder to release. It's just amazing how wonderful our customers are but given that it's just Shane, myself and my assistant Taylor, we can only do so much.

It will be worth it when it's out I can promise you that.
mrsugmad wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm To GetDunne;

I know you guys both have a lot on your plate, but any update on Skippy's new presets for Vital VST?

Thanks
Mike
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

realkuhl wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:17 pm Hi Mike - I have been busy and not able to create the Vital library as quickly as I had hoped. It's in the works and will be more than just a set of new presets. Hopefully I can get back on track to work on this. People that own Unify and have a passion for what it represents keeps sending me Unified libraries for their favorite plugin - at this very moment, I have Bazille, Repro 1, Repro 5, Hive 2, FM TiNES 2, Spitfire Labs and more in a folder to release. It's just amazing how wonderful our customers are but given that it's just Shane, myself and my assistant Taylor, we can only do so much.

It will be worth it when it's out I can promise you that.
mrsugmad wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm To GetDunne;

Thanks
Mike
Thanks for the quick reply, John and Shane Dunne. I'm an avid Plugin Guru/Unify user. Keep up the excellent work with all your sounds and Unify..

(PS) For those of you who are not familiar with John Lehmkuhl's work, here's a sample:

Hardware and Software-based Synthesizers I have worked on

Korg M1 (PCM and Patch Sound Cards)
Korg M3R (factory voicing)
Korg O1W Series (factory voicing)
Korg Trinity Series (factory voicing)
Korg Triton Series (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
Korg Wavestation (factory voicing, PCM and Sound Cards)
Korg Wavestation A/D (factory voicing)
Korg Wavestation WSSR (factory voicing and PCM Sound Cards)
Korg S-3 Component Drum Machine (factory voicing)
Roland JV-1080 (HipHop PCM Expansion card (created of the loops))
Korg KARMA Workstation (factory voicing)
Yamaha TX-16W (sample libraries)
Roland V-Synth V1 (factory voicing)
Roland XV-5080 (factory drum kits)
Alesis DM Pro (factory voicing of kits)
Korg Wavedrum (DSP algorithm design and factory voicing)
Korg Z-1 (factory voicing)
Korg OASYS (factory voicing)
Korg M50 (factory voicing)
Korg M3 (factory voicing)
Korg TR (factory voicing)
Spectrasonics Atmosphere Plug-In (beta testing & limited voicing)
Spectrasonics Trilogy Plug-In (beta testing & 200+ synth bass patches)
Spectrasonics Omnisphere (beta testing and limited voicing)
Camel Audio Alchemy (beta testing, factory and patch bank voicing)
Native Instruments Absynth (voicing on v1 of Absynth (pre-NI) & voicing for Absynth Sounds Vol. 1
---------------
Music, Sound Rhythm and Remix programming

Hans Zimmer
James Newton Howard
Harry Gregson-Williams
Kenny Loggins
Fleetwood Mac
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Whitney Huston
Richard Marx
Ambrosia
Boys II Men
Randy Jackson
Jon Stevens
Freddie Hubbard
Freddie Ravel
The Yellowjackets
Sandy & Junior

========================================================
www.pluginguru.com

Peace
Mike

Okay, I was on the fence about Unify since before the release, because I figured I could do all, if not more, fairly easily in my DAW (now Live 11) but after starting to read the thread and generally researching it more, I decided to take the plunge, mainly because of the really dedicated devs and all the interesting sounding features on the roadmap. Also the key mapping and what people were saying about the multicore/CPU load distribution was intriguing enough.

After using it for the last couple of days, I absolutely love it. I actually only caught wind of the Polybox after the purchase and man, it is fantastic. I have always wanted an easy way to play different synths in succession and with the midi routing and random function, it's a dream come true.

So I just created a patch with 4 instances of Dune 3 that are triggered by Cthulhu going into Polybox randomly triggering different synth presets. I key mapped the midi fx to the region of the keyboard that triggers the Cthulhu chords/arp. I then used another two instances of Dune 3 mapped to the other keys for a lead/pad type sound. It was so easy and so much fun to set up and works like a charm. And my CPU is hitting only around 12%. This alone is worth the price of admission to me.

I don't know what MidiBox and ComboBox do yet, but from what I gather, they are also pretty cool. Well, watching the videos now. I can't wait for all the other features talked about to be implemented. Especially looking forward to NKS implementation and the extended macro knob and modulation capabilities. What would be cool is the option to "change" the macro knobs, for example to a switch (see Zenith by Audiare). That way I could get more use out of the additional macro knobs on my Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

My only regret is that I didn't time this a bit better to get Cloud City included.

For sure, I'll upgrade to Pro on day 1 of its release. Big props to realkuhl and getdunne.

gondii wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 am
For sure, I'll upgrade to Pro on day 1 of its release. Big props to realkuhl and getdunne.
Pro version? NKS? Is there a roadmap available somewhere.

Not that I know of, but they were things positively discussed in this thread. It appears to be a very long list of possible features, so let’s see what makes it in the end. But it all sounds very promising. Nonetheless, happy already.

gondii wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:29 am Not that I know of, but they were things positively discussed in this thread. It appears to be a very long list of possible features, so let’s see what makes it in the end. But it all sounds very promising. Nonetheless, happy already.
Thanks, picked it up last week, and I too wish I had got it with cloud city. NKS would be cool, but I imagine difficult with it being a host itself. It would actually be huge for me being a KK user.

I finally acquired Unify recently, after trying out the demo last year. I now have loaded it up with Unified presets for CA2600, Pendulate, Pigments, Spitfire LABS, Surge, and Repro. All I can say is wow!

Also tried a little experiment with Akai VIP 3, where I have over 20,000 instrument presets for numerous other synths organized and tagged.

Akai VIP is also a host with a huge preset browser that you can search by tags and can create multis with layers up to 8 various synth parts, mix and add effects, buses, etc.

I discovered that I can open Unify as a VST2 synth layer in VIP!!! Also works the other way around too! You can open VIP as a VST2 in Unify. Wow, best of both worlds, and lots more possibilities! :D

No sleep for me now!!! :lol:

And a footnote regarding Akai VIP: While still available, Akai seems to have lost interest in further development of this product. They never updated it with VST3 support, and have quietly ended production of dedicated hardware controllers for VIP. Fortunately, VIP also works fine with generic MIDI controllers, after you do a bit of manual controller mapping. Sad to see it end up as another orphaned product after spending a few years with it, but very happy to see Unify come along!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I own the current Unify version but I didn't realize there was a "Pro" version coming, is there a writeup somewhere that says what the "Pro" version will include? Thanks

seangm wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:21 pm I own the current Unify version but I didn't realize there was a "Pro" version coming, is there a writeup somewhere that says what the "Pro" version will include? Thanks
It’s not definitely coming and not any time soon is what they’ve said just about every time it has come up.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”