Output bundle: Hype or Awesome?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems like the Output bundle/products garner pretty extreme opinions. Some people love the originality of the libraries while some feel they are overhyped and unusable. To me they sound pretty cool.

Anyone own them and if so do you regret it or love the purchase?

Hmmmm... I guess the lack of response says it all

Well, I thoroughly tested the Portal demo (that's the only Output product I've tested) and was very unimpressed considering it's price. I can't comment on their other products.

Mmmm, hype. Their only extraordinary plugin is Exhale, it's worth it. Rev seems good, but not for that price. Analog Strings, Analog Brass, Substance and Signal aren't good IMO. And Portal... for me it's very bad.

Haven't tried Arcade cause I'm not fan of that "evenamonkeycanmakemusic" type plugins.

Its definitely an awesome set of inspiring sounds with an intuitive interface. You could achieve the same with other tools, but output made these sounds very accessible and easy to tweak. The main issue for me is that the presets gravitate too much towards movies/games. Many of the presets are simply just too busy and full to be used in a song context. There’s some really grate stuff for music production as well but I’m not sure it’s worth the asking price. Currently have signal and substance and use them a lot and I’m currelooking at the analog brass/strings libraries.

I don't regret getting the whole bundle but you should know it is NFR. I think they are all very good libraries. Substance might be my favorite.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

The whole bundle is awesome to me, including both effects and the expansions. Creativity unbound.
One of my favorite developers.

I have Movement and find the presets pretty unusable. Seems to to be hype with the exception of Exhale.

Portal is by far my favorite granular FX and Exhale looks interesting, but otherwise it's a pass for me.

I've ignored Output ever since their first offering was an overpriced collection of backwards samples. That was literally the whole theme of the product. :dog:

Looking at their offerings now... meh. Still seems overpriced and completely uninteresting to me. I'm definitely not their target market in terms of musical style or production process.

i got 2 plugins and this was funny, with MOVEMENT my upgrade bundle price was 549 bucks, having registered PORTAL my new price is 544 bucks :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I started with Exhale and ended up with the bundle after various individual and upgrade offers...No idea what I paid in the end.

They all sound great, so that is not hype -probably the best 'Kontakt' based instruments I have and pretty much the only reason I still use Kontakt.

Worth the money? Buy in sales and its bordering on reasonable, other than that you will probably get a lot of stuff you may never find a use for, as with all bundles!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

mixtur.se wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 am Its definitely an awesome set of inspiring sounds with an intuitive interface. You could achieve the same with other tools, but output made these sounds very accessible and easy to tweak. The main issue for me is that the presets gravitate too much towards movies/games. Many of the presets are simply just too busy and full to be used in a song context. There’s some really grate stuff for music production as well but I’m not sure it’s worth the asking price. Currently have signal and substance and use them a lot and I’m currelooking at the analog brass/strings libraries.
Well said and I agree. The sounds are very inspiring and even though they're a bit busy, you have the option to remove the "busyness" to suit your needs. I'm still learning my way around the engines, but very happy with my Black Friday purchases of Signal, Exhale, and Analog Strings (also got portal on a no brainer price and it's quite deep....once you get into to it).
$368 is my current upgrade bundle price, which I might get once I learn to use what I more effectively. :wink:
Make music :harp:

Seems like most people love the uniqueness of the effects on the sounds. Also, since it’s been mentioned before that most can be replicated with other effects, what effects or bundle would you recommend?

Am I right to think that the cableguys bundle would be close?

ricowave202 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:14 pm I have Movement and find the presets pretty unusable. Seems to to be hype with the exception of Exhale.
I bought 'Movement' for cheap here on the forum, gave it a few shots and de-installed it right away.
BTW, according to Windows 'Programs and Features' the installation used up 681MB on my SSD ... WTF?

Return to “Instruments”