Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:17 pm
izonin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:48 am Thank you! Indeed it's totally cool. Just as I'm cool with people releasing amazing synths for $3 ... for iOS, when I'm a Windows+Android only guy. :tu:
Of course. The thing here is that the plugin runs on the OS i use. Don't think I ever complained about a Mac OS only plugin not working on my Windows machine. In fact, I couldn't care less if a developer wants to limit his target audience that way. The thing here is that it's not only limited to a single OS, it's also limited to deprecated tech, which probably less than 10 % of the users (if even) still use.

Again, I'm sure Ummet is aware of all that. Just explaining the reasons why I and others state that it's just not contemporary anymore, and why it is that he's losing out on potential users. And, explaining for the explanation's sake, because some people obviously feel offended by it, think they can speak for the developer, and act as if there's some kind of gift horse here.
My point was about the numbers. More than 20% of Windows users have 32-bit capable DAW's and can use the plugin. And then 90% of all users are on Windows vs. 10% Mac. So, purely by number, there are more people that can use Genesis Pro vs. any MacOS only synth. This is why the plugin is so popular with a huge number of people.

And there's a also a technical reason why I'm actually glad that Genesis Pro is 32-bit. It let Ummet incorporate high quality SEM modules, which would otherwise be unavailable.

Finally, Genesis Pro is a great sounding synth that 15%+ of all desktop and laptop users on the planet can enjoy, and is at a permanent 99% off sale. :phones: :party:

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:07 pm Yes. 1 € per month. One month, and it's your own. :P
I was thinking about 10 months plan :lol:

:lol:

If it's the same for you than it is for me, you have to pay 0,50 € for every Paypal transfer from your bank account. :P

izonin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am And then 90% of all users are on Windows vs. 10% Mac. So, purely by number, there are more people that can use Genesis Pro vs. any MacOS only synth.
That's a red herring. The total Mac vs. Windows users are irrelevant. The only ones that matter are those who do music production, and there the numbers are completely different. I don't know if Mac still predominates, but it must be close.

I am happy if a tool does not support my OS/DAW. There is enough around to keep me busy anyway. I vote for more Linux only synths, less to try out and waste time...
We have now 34 pages of pure speculation about what where and why this one will run or not run on your personally preferred platform...
There seems to be a high demand on wasting time...

i find it a bit silly people are still complaining about 32bit plug ins. if your system cant run it...its because of you. you chose to have a system that cant run those plugins. how is it the devs fault?

im on 64 bit win 10....i have tons of old synths that are 32 bit only....some of them are rare secret weapons that wont ever get updated and that youll have to pry out of my cold dead hands before i stop using them.

watch this:

i have all m-rgt synths.

those are all 32bit synth edit plugs that wont ever get updated...and now that i just said i have them...ill get about 25-30 private msgs over the next week from people asking me if ill send them copies....i wont send them...but ill get the requests anyway...i always do.

the point is...32bit plugs work perfectly fine on 64bit systems, seamlessly without ever even having to think about which ones are which or do anything different for them...and if they dont work on YOUR system...its because you made them not work.

dont blame the devs for your decisions.
ImageImageImage

I just don't use outdated plugins (even if they're released in 2020) :shrug:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

teilo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:45 pm
izonin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am And then 90% of all users are on Windows vs. 10% Mac. So, purely by number, there are more people that can use Genesis Pro vs. any MacOS only synth.
That's a red herring. The total Mac vs. Windows users are irrelevant. The only ones that matter are those who do music production, and there the numbers are completely different. I don't know if Mac still predominates, but it must be close.
Nope - that'd be wrong. (Well in my experience anyway) We sell VST/AU products - the Windows versions outsell the Mac versions by a fair margin.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

I've gathered statistics from different sources about what OS musicians use the most and the combined numbers are around 25% macOS and the rest is Windows*. A very small % are using Linux (usually less than 1%).

As a business, macOS users buy more, so for sold plugins, it's more around 50/50 macOS/Windows user base. That's why most commercial plugins are available for macOS, it's a better business decision.

* The data comes from 100 of thousands of users, not just a few 100.

SampleScience wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm
I've gathered statistics from different sources about what OS musicians use the most and the combined numbers are around 25% macOS and the rest is Windows*. A very small % are using Linux (usually less than 1%).

As a business, macOS users buy more, so for sold plugins, it's more around 50/50 macOS/Windows user base. That's why most commercial plugins are available for macOS, it's a better business decision.

* The data comes from 100 of thousands of users, not just a few 100.
So in other words, among those who are ACTUALLY doing music production, it's closer to 50/50. Glad we agree.

So you're saying 50% of Windows users are Pirates and all Mac users are Saints ? Good to know. :tu:
SampleScience wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm * The data comes from 100 of thousands of users, not just a few 100.
Citation ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A friend of mine will do one of those production courses at an SAE institute, and he told me that that alone will get him a discount if he buys an Apple computer. The SAE seems to sponsor Apple or the other way round. Seems a bit unfair to me...

But I think the times are long gone when Apple was more reliable than Windows-based computers. Actually, I have read of various problems with the latest OS update and certain software.

chaosWyrM wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:07 pm ....
im on 64 bit win 10....i have tons of old synths that are 32 bit only....some of them are rare secret weapons that wont ever get updated and that youll have to pry out of my cold dead hands before i stop using them.
You make it sound like the tools are more valuable than the creator. You could swap out any of my DAW, instruments or effects, and I'll just move onto another without losing a beat.

chaosWyrM wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:07 pm i find it a bit silly people are still complaining about 32bit plug ins. if your system cant run it...its because of you. you chose to have a system that cant run those plugins. how is it the devs fault?
Well well. Let's not turn this thing around. It's rather the devs choice whether or not he will rely on obsolete tech.

Anyway, too much discussion about this. It is what it is, and it's fine (and everyone is free to buy, or pass on it).
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teilo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm So in other words, among those who are ACTUALLY doing music production, it's closer to 50/50.
It definitely is. You can't compare the number of home PC users, when we're talking about music production. Many Macs around there.

Return to “Instruments”