Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

SampleScience wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 pm
Mr_meee wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm is this a flowstone synth?
No, it's not, it's a SynthEdit synth made with SE v1.1 (32-bit).
Please... do you want me to believe that this guy made such sophisticated UI design with knobs changing parameters showing up and disapearing on the screen everytime you touch a knob parameter in a synthedit v1.1?

Have anyone ever seen a developer releasing synthedit projects with this kind of sophisticated UI?

Obviously NOT... because it was not possible, you would need graphical coding languages to do it, and synthedit graphical stuff were kinda limited.

Flowstone, in other hand... due to ruby and how stuff works visually this days, thats why i asked and since flowstone its only 32 bit... it makes sense.

Plus if this was a synthedit project, he would port it to the newer version and certainly release it under x64 bit and avoid being mocked by idiots.

seriously, the UI design in this plugin is insane, i cant understand how people dare to mock this guy
just because its 32 bit, because if this is a flowstone project, than its the most refined sick project ever existed in any vst instrument made with modules.
Last edited by Mr_meee on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

(double post)

Mr_meee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm Plus if this was a synthedit project, he would port it to the newer version and certainly release it under x64 bit and avoid being mocked by idiots.
If you've been paying attention you'd know the project uses third party S.E. Modules that were written in 32 bit and won't be updated.

Watch this video from the 2:40 mark. Someone has identified it as Synth Edit 1.1 or something like that (I wouldn't know the difference).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF--LJ3JREQ

Oh and there is a 64 bit version of Flowstone to the best of my knowledge.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I skipped couple of pages so is there already GoFundMe going for making it 64bit?
No signature here!

From back on Page 21 to refresh everyone's memory.....
NextGen wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm Hi Guys,

To answer one of the most frequently asked question whether the Genesis is 32 or 64 bit, it's unfortunately 32bit and It's windows only. I know, I would have seen it differently as well. But the project has become so huge and complex over time that it is not easy to port it to 64bit/mac. Having that said it's not impossible and I am checking all the possibilities.

I started this project 8 years ago with my passion for sound, synthesis and with the ambition to share my creation, my knowledge with as many people as possible.
Nonetheless I still hope that the Genesis can help you with your creative process.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mr_meee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm
Plus if this was a synthedit project, he would port it to the newer version and certainly release it under x64 bit and avoid being mocked by idiots.
Why would somebody necessarily go to lengths to avoid being mocked by idiots?

I swear I would be laughing more, by the fact they are an idiot.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:16 pm
Mr_meee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm
Why would somebody necessarily go to lengths to avoid being mocked by idiots?

I swear I would be laughing more, by the fact they are an idiot.
I'm just questioning your assumptions and I don't mean to provoke you.

(I just noticed on KVR forum I can define each person by friend OR enemy)

If I were a developer, I’d never start a topic on this forum 😸

I know there are some cool free plugins that are 32-bit, but these days I don't think I'd pay anything for a 32-bit one. I have so many great 64-bit plugins already and feel I am not missing anything.

I am really looking forward to this synth. I've got jbridge and a yearning to learn this beast.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:05 pm
Mr_meee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm Plus if this was a synthedit project, he would port it to the newer version and certainly release it under x64 bit and avoid being mocked by idiots.
If you've been paying attention you'd know the project uses third party S.E. Modules that were written in 32 bit and won't be updated.

Watch this video from the 2:40 mark. Someone has identified it as Synth Edit 1.1 or something like that (I wouldn't know the difference).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF--LJ3JREQ

Oh and there is a 64 bit version of Flowstone to the best of my knowledge.
I honestely don't believe the project of Genesis would look like that...
and certainly this is not a project made with synthedit v1.1

You can't make a project like this, with this type of user interface filled with complex dynamic graphics in SE v1.1... You can't!

Just because the dude used a screen of SE it in the video to explain how modules work, it doesnt necessarly mean that image is representative of how the project looks like.

Actually, being my self a flowstone user, i can tell you pretty much, that a project like this, doesnt use wire connections, uses wireless connections (assembled by names) so the projects keeps more clean and in place so you don't lose your self in the middle of a mess.

Plus, flowstone allows you to do dynamic graphics, unlike SE 1v1 which was pretty much limited.

And by the way, i know Flowstone x64 is being developed but it have not been released yet.

Again, Genesis Pro as it was demonstrated in the video seems to be way too sophisticated in terms of user interface to be a Synthedit project like most people claim...

Teksonic you have made patches for most synthesizers around so you know pretty much the most sucedded Synthedit projects, and certainly you never seen anything like this in terms of interface comming from SE...

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 amfor i looked upon him, what eldritch horror did i see, dazed and confused i stumbled from his lair, i know not how but i awoke in a hospital back in England, civilisation, had it all been just a phantasm? had i brought the whole ordeal writhing from some hellish corner of my mind?

the nurses said id been unconscious for several days, feverishly moaning one word...
"aloysius" and pointing they knew not where.
but as i seemed to be coming round i would probably be allowed to discharge myself within days.

so the day came, doctors happy with my condition, discharged me and returned my belongings.
while showering and dressing i mused on what must have been some nightmare, perhaps brought on by tainted food. it must have been, nothing so hideous could truly exist, surely.

it was then i noticed my phone was in camera mode? hmmm, strange, i don't remember using it recently.
opening the gallery, there it was
the grotesque vision that leaves me with only five words to end my tale...

f**king hell! aloysius, you're ugly!
Sounds a lot like an excerpt from an H.P. Lovecraft short story. Please flesh it out and finish it; I would be interested in reading the whole story.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Mr_meee wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:42 am Teksonic you have made patches for most synthesizers around so you know pretty much the most sucedded Synthedit projects, and certainly you never seen anything like this in terms of interface comming from SE...
I don't know anything about Synth Edit or Flowstone all I know is what I've read here. If you think "the dude used a screen of SE in the video to explain how modules work, it doesn't necessarily mean that image is representative of how the project looks like" then I don't know what to tell you. Look at the complexity of the project at about the 2:38 point in the video. Do you think he did all that twice ?

This is from Page 11..........
SampleScience wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:26 pm Seeing all the hype this synth generates, I had to double-check if he indeed used SynthEdit v1.1 (release in 2010) instead of the latest version 1.4. If you look at 2:45 in his video, you see the old SE v1.1 modules. Their look changed from v1.2 and up. They look like this now:

in v1.1, they looked like this:

A screengrab from the promo video:

The people expecting a macOS version will be disappointed...
Go back and read the whole thread. It seems to be the general consensus that this is a Synth Edit Project and the post I quoted above seems pretty convincing. :shrug:

As for Flowstone 64 bit here is the FS Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/998621100284460/

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:57 am
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 amfor i looked upon him, what eldritch horror did i see, dazed and confused i stumbled from his lair, i know not how but i awoke in a hospital back in England, civilisation, had it all been just a phantasm? had i brought the whole ordeal writhing from some hellish corner of my mind?

the nurses said id been unconscious for several days, feverishly moaning one word...
"aloysius" and pointing they knew not where.
but as i seemed to be coming round i would probably be allowed to discharge myself within days.

so the day came, doctors happy with my condition, discharged me and returned my belongings.
while showering and dressing i mused on what must have been some nightmare, perhaps brought on by tainted food. it must have been, nothing so hideous could truly exist, surely.

it was then i noticed my phone was in camera mode? hmmm, strange, i don't remember using it recently.
opening the gallery, there it was
the grotesque vision that leaves me with only five words to end my tale...

f**king hell! aloysius, you're ugly!
Sounds a lot like an excerpt from an H.P. Lovecraft short story. Please flesh it out and finish it; I would be interested in reading the whole story.
tbh, it was just off the top of my head :)
if youre goung to insult, do it in style :hihi:
as to lovecraft, ha! as if im anywhere close, a mere shadow of a parody if anything :oops:

plus im a lover, not a writer :ud:

ps: im glad someone actually read it, considering aloysius couldnt be arsed :x

yay! genesisis :band:

Return to “Instruments”