DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Wrong topic.

Currently demoing this plugin.
My observations:
-no undo? ... edit : i've found the undo!
-I can only run sequencer if my daw playback is running? (maybe demo limitation)
-I can't mute a track in the sequencer with my mouse, only with keyswitch - with the assigned keys-
-There's no such "midi selection" like in microtonic - if I hit one of the drums the gui remains the same (not showing the drum played)

Like others have pointed out, DC is a creative drum machine that can sound a bit different from the competition. However, after working with the Kit panel yesterday i also agree with those who are saying DC lacks punch. Only a couple of the Master Effects settings seem well adjusted enough, so you end up using the same parameters on all kits. The guys behind the factory presets are all using the same Master Effects settings, and rightfully so: Amount is on "Relaxed" and Warmth is set to "Sine distortion". When you try other Master Effects settings, it just doesn't sound right or doesn't add anything useful.

Overall, DC needs ways to give the kits more punch and an EQ to fine-tune each channel. For now you need to output DC on different tracks to your DAW, i wouldn't mind if i didn't have to use it this way all the time (and midi handling is different). So i think DC needs some fine-tuning from the developers, but i also understand this is only version 1.0.0...

Its funny, we will follow up the 1.0. with a 1.1. this version delivers sweet kicks one after another. we improved the resonator and added a lp/bp/hp switch, reworked the kick randomizer profile, added an analog osc(to be switched with the wavetable osc) and an eq per channel.
dc 1.1 enters beta test this week.

very encouraging that you listen to users - i will surely revisit it again

Sugar Bytes wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 am Its funny, we will follow up the 1.0. with a 1.1. this version delivers sweet kicks one after another. we improved the resonator and added a lp/bp/hp switch, reworked the kick randomizer profile, added an analog osc(to be switched with the wavetable osc) and an eq per channel.
:clap:

How about a nice little sale to go with that update :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:33 am
Sugar Bytes wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 am Its funny, we will follow up the 1.0. with a 1.1. this version delivers sweet kicks one after another. we improved the resonator and added a lp/bp/hp switch, reworked the kick randomizer profile, added an analog osc(to be switched with the wavetable osc) and an eq per channel.
:clap:

How about a nice little sale to go with that update :D
They never do that so early after release. It would be bad for the early adopters.

Ploki wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:01 am very encouraging that you listen to users...
+1 :tu: :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's terrific the update is coming so soon. This is definitely on my radar for further testing (and likely purchase) after 1.1 comes out!

Sweet.

Please included some presets of 808, 909, hard techno Hitters, (hardstyle kicks) etc in the update. Good for lazy asses and one can then immediately see how it's done with the new features.

This is great, it's going to be a beast! Thank you for listening and for all your efforts.

Oh that's great! I do like drumComputer (i like it with a lower-case d because it looks more like code :) but I have to agree the bottom end was lacking. It will be nice to have home heft and juice in this tool!

I have liked the demos and will buy it at some point, but seeing a quick response to feedback like this is very impressive. It certainly changed my probably buy it to definitely buy it.

Thank you!

Next, for 1.2, would you consider updating the "Global" Dice Roll button to choose patterns for each sequencer lane that matches the instrument type chosen for that lane's corresponding engine?

I've looked really close at the behavior of that global dice button. and it seems to always roll patterns for each lane that are appropriate only for the default engine assignments. For example, if you put a kick drum on channel 7, it won't roll anything close to typical kick drum sequencing patterns. Instead, it will continue to roll the same typical patterns that it rolls for the default "Synth" engine assignment. The same is true for all the other tracks.

You clearly have the logic to roll instrument-appropriate patterns for any given lane because you're doing so when using the default engine assignments. So I'm guessing it's a relatively simple code tweak to make the global dice button first look at the current engine assignments and then roll the correct patterns.

It would be VERY nice to set up something like 2 kick drums, two snares, two hats, and two percs and have that global dice roll button actually roll up patterns that would work with a layout like that.

Yokai wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 amNext, for 1.2, would you consider updating the "Global" Dice Roll button to choose patterns for each sequencer lane that matches the instrument type chosen for that lane's corresponding engine?

It would be VERY nice to set up something like 2 kick drums, two snares, two hats, and two percs and have that global dice roll button actually roll up patterns that would work with a layout like that.
+1
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”