Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Given it was $49 to upgrade Legacy to Special Bundle on the Arp Odyssey release, $149 to upgrade to Special Bundle V2, seems a bit steep.

Unless they haven't sent any further discount codes yet?

It’s defiantly not a complete no brainier, you can get some really modern high quality VSTs for 150 bucks or less (Rapid, Icarus 2, Pigments for half that) but I guess if you want the Triton and just about every expansion card then it may be worth it...

My concern is that I would buy it for nostalgia, play with it for an hour and then never use it again as I have so many other synths...if it was 49 bucks I would not have thought twice...maybe it will go on sale in future.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Roland, watch how things are supposed to be done!

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:47 am It’s defiantly not a complete no brainier, you can get some really modern high quality VSTs for 150 bucks or less (Rapid, Icarus 2, Pigments for half that) but I guess if you want the Triton and just about every expansion card then it may be worth it...

My concern is that I would buy it for nostalgia, play with it for an hour and then never use it again as I have so many other synths...if it was 49 bucks I would not have thought twice...maybe it will go on sale in future.
Very true. One good thing at least is that the $149 upgrade price isn't time-limited. Maybe we'll see a sale next year, maybe not. Beside that i really like how they handle it (now only a GUI update for the whole collection) and like most other users i dislike the Roland Cloud thing really.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Do you know if the GUI is resizable? VST 3? I can't find any info about this.

mladi wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:13 am

Very true. One good thing at least is that the $149 upgrade price isn't time-limited. Maybe we'll see a sale next year, maybe not. Beside that i really like how they handle it (now only a GUI update for the whole collection) and like most other users i dislike the Roland Cloud thing really.
Have they updated the GUIs for the older products in the collection?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 am Roland, watch how things are supposed to be done!
Eat that, Roland!

:hihi:

Wow and hmm at the same time. I was a korg user in the 90/00, still own triton rack (altho it’s shelved now). Trinity and Triton were an integral part of my sound then, made my first tracks with Trinity only.

But now i’m on Roland Cloud train and $149 upgrade is quite a lot. I’ve used earlier legacy collection a lot too tho.

Demo

https://www.korguser.net/collection/ins ... s_win.zip/

Updates for the rest of the collection as well (for me at least)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

GUI Resizable :D

20 minute full use demo per session with no save.

A few functionality things. IMO.. they should expose the Arp button on the main panel.
EDIT - Korg already thought of this and there's a small ARP button on the left of the display at the top!

For the same reason make sure you try the SW1 and SW2 buttons above the joystick. They are incorporated into a lot of sounds. Unfortunately it's a bigger deal here as Korg hasn't enabled GUI automation of the joystick controls/ribbon. You can right click the SW buttons to set the assignment, and the CC's they use are set under the global settings.

BUT.. Try latching the position of the ribbon with the SW1 or SW2 using the GUI.. ;)

Right now the ribbon behaves in a momentary fashion, with the SW buttons acting like a lock on the position (which must be sent over MIDI CC to lock). IMO You should be able to enable an SW button on the GUI, pick a position on the ribbon with the GUI, and have it set the ribbon to latch to the position you click if the SW button is enabled and assigned to do that.

BTW Max polyphony is 256 notes, compared to 62 on the original :)
Last edited by PAK on Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I wonder whenever Yamaha will jump on the wagon of issuing the old ROMpler part of the EX series and the Motif Classic/ES (many XS/XF sounds are still being used in the Montage so I'm not expecting those, but still). Halion Sonic doesn't contain Motif sounds.

basically I sold my Korg Kronos when I bought the Yamaha Montage, ended up selling it as well. Although its very nice, I feel more than happy with all the Kontakt libs I have. but still, it would be nice to have actual reproductions of some of these old Yamaha sounds.

Cochrane wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:20 am Hi,
is there a link to pdf manual? I cannot find any..
https://www.korguser.net/collection/man ... _OM_E1.pdf

Its great they included all the expansions in the demo as well! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:09 am Roland, watch how things are supposed to be done!
Huge +1
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”