Current state of Cakewalk?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have much to do with them, apart from that I own Rapture Pro.
I'm just trying to reset my password, so I can install Rapture Pro again (I recently had to format my computer), but the "reset password" through the site doesn't work, the "contact support" bit seems dead too.
Is this to do with them being bought by Gibson? Is Cakewalk dead?

Again, sorry for my ignorance, I just don't pay much attention to Cakewalk, so am out of the loop with what's happening with them.

Doh... I've figured it out. I've found an email I just ignored a while back about the "Bandlab" thing.

Actually, damn, Rapture Pro is gone.

They have a good forum, members voicing the desire to re-establish
such products, or sell them to a developer who will, is the best hope.
Open-sourcing the code would be great, but I think original coders still
have some rights, and would have to sign off on such a deal.
Cheers

I'm pretty annoyed about it now actually. Looking at my emails, I bought it less than two years ago, and Rapture Pro wasn't cheap.
What annoys me further is that Cakewalk used that "Command Center" online installer thing... and I don't believe there was any other way to install their products, so "backing it up" just wasn't even an option. Had it been simple C.R protection, or a key file, or anything like that, backing up for future installs would be possible, but they opted for a system that means it's impossible to back up their products and if the company goes under (like they did), their products are gone... yip, really pissed off actually. :x

I just downloaded the installers from my cake account 🤔

Guess what... I've remembered my password, and I'm in, and yes, you're right, there's an installer just for Rapture Pro, and it looks like it's just a serial registration... I am relieved, it's one of my favorite synths.

I wish BandLab would Work on the plugins like they did to Sonar.
I never tried rapture but Z3ta was super neat and advanced for its time...

Actually...is bandlab working on sonar? Nobody ever talks about it anymore here. What ever happened there?

Edit: I just checked! They are. And actively and often too.
And meaningful updates too. Such as ARA 2, Zplane V3 support, Tons of workflow enhancements and boatloads of bug fixes

Gosh...Sonar, Surge, T7, That Wavetable synth that’s going to be released soon by Matt Tyel.

Amazing the possibilities people have to
Make music now without spending a single dime.
I wish I had that stuff when I was first starting.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I should have another look at my Dimension Pro issue, I couldn't get it to authorise despite having the installers, serial, reg code... Maybe some hope if the sites still there.

Well some son of a billionaire made CK his 'own product.'

It's free, except for all the people who helped to develop Sonar and its sidekicks.

Corporate business as usual, he just waits until enough people have taken the bait and then - et voilà - things will 'change' again. What else would you use a 'command center' for? To keep them begging for more. That's right, folks!

https://www.cakewalk.com/command-center

The son is not some tosser, squandering the family fortune.
Some parents raise great kids who learn a work ethic, get an education,
and create their own succes stories. Bandlab fits in that frame.

I'd like to see Dimension Pro, z3ta+, and the old Rapture
made available for owners to re-register,
based on old purchase records/data. It needn't be free. Paying a $10 fee
per app to get a new account, and use of the good software
would be great. If enough interest exists, the old catalog
could be brought up to 64bits, with scalable gui etc.

I'm Assuming the free Cakewalk is paying it's own way, by exposing musicians
to the commercial side of Bandlab. Plus they've got some good support people,
much needed at the pace they are moving. :hihi:

GaryG wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 am I should have another look at my Dimension Pro issue, I couldn't get it to authorise despite having the installers, serial, reg code... Maybe some hope if the sites still there.
Try running the installer as Admin

Spencer Maddox wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 am Actually...is bandlab working on sonar? Nobody ever talks about it anymore here. What ever happened there?

Edit: I just checked! They are. And actively and often too.
And meaningful updates too. Such as ARA 2, Zplane V3 support, Tons of workflow enhancements and boatloads of bug fixes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glokraw wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 am The son is not some tosser, squandering the family fortune.
Some parents raise great kids who learn a work ethic, get an education,
and create their own succes stories. Bandlab fits in that frame.

I'd like to see Dimension Pro, z3ta+, and the old Rapture
made available for owners to re-register,
based on old purchase records/data. It needn't be free. Paying a $10 fee
per app to get a new account, and use of the good software
would be great. If enough interest exists, the old catalog
could be brought up to 64bits, with scalable gui etc.

I'm Assuming the free Cakewalk is paying it's own way, by exposing musicians
to the commercial side of Bandlab. Plus they've got some good support people,
much needed at the pace they are moving. :hihi:
Yes, I think I actually preferred the original Rapture, but it just straight up didn't work in Windows 10, so I had to get "pro" if I wanted to use it.

Dang, I always loved all the vsti's it came with

Return to “Instruments”