Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
glokraw
KVRAF
7407 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:34 pm

"It comes with an extra 100 diverse, expertly-designed presets ranging from basses and leads, to FX, pads, and plucks. It also contains new features and bug fixes including a lightguide for Performer Mode for our KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards, and drag and drop preset loading."

v1o
KVRAF
2119 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Where is change log?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

monophonK
KVRist
249 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Massive X 1.2 - 2019-12-18
ADDED The Lightguide on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboards indicates the remote octave of the Performer
ADDED Dropping presets on the UI saves them in the user folder
ADDED 100 new Factory Presets
IMPROVED Demo time has been increased from 30 to 60 minutes
FIXED Stereo Delay with sync no longer causes audio dropout on selection of another track
FIXED Vertical Grid in the Tracker editor no longer shows wrong values
FIXED The Exciter Envelope display curve no longer jitters when "Hold" is set to 0 and "Ratio" is moved
FIXED The INIT preset is loaded in Pro Tools on initial loading
FIXED All parts of the application now mark the current preset with an asterisk when edited
FIXED Freezing and unfreezing of a track now results in the same sound. This occasionally was not the case before
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
1722 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Looks like a decent update. :)

Very excited and and have high expectations about this one in particular:
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load
Hope it solves the irritating GUI fluctuations.

User avatar
Ficciones
KVRist
59 posts since 1 Jul, 2019

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am

God, it's bad. If this is the best they can do after two big mercy patches, I'm really worried about their viability as a software company. Good thing they're diversifying into cloud something(?) mumble mumble.

Imagine how unusable and shitty Maschine would be if the Massive X team had programmed it.

User avatar
fisherKing
KVRAF
2136 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:26 am

Ficciones wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am
God, it's bad. If this is the best they can do after two big mercy patches, I'm really worried about their viability as a software company. Good thing they're diversifying into cloud something(?) mumble mumble.

Imagine how unusable and shitty Maschine would be if the Massive X team had programmed it.
perhaps a specific list of issues would be more useful than a rant. and lots of us are enjoying working with MX.

good that you're worried about NI, though... that's awfully generous of you...
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
always one plugin short of perfection...

SLiC
KVRAF
4542 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:30 am

I am no fan but I almost feel sorry for NI- they give away a nice reverb and e-voucher for Xmas, give an update with 100 free (actually pretty decent) presets) and they have about 3 threads all ongoing on KVR about how poor their development is!
I feel the frustration that they are not addressing basic browser and midi issues, but come on guys, it is the season of good will ;-)
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS and StudioOne, X32, DM12, Odyssey, P8, 500hp+ Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Deluge, OP-Z, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Stefken
KVRAF
1861 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:53 am

fisherKing wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:26 am
Ficciones wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am
God, it's bad. If this is the best they can do after two big mercy patches, I'm really worried about their viability as a software company. Good thing they're diversifying into cloud something(?) mumble mumble.

Imagine how unusable and shitty Maschine would be if the Massive X team had programmed it.
perhaps a specific list of issues would be more useful than a rant. and lots of us are enjoying working with MX.

good that you're worried about NI, though... that's awfully generous of you...
There have been very specific issues. But they are met with the same defensive posture.
Feels like you're worried as well, going 100% sentinel all the time.

I guess NL should hire you, if they didn't already. :wink:

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
1722 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:05 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 pm
Looks like a decent update. :)

Very excited and and have high expectations about this one in particular:
FIXED in the latest FL Studio 20.6 release: Massive X plugin window doesn't shrink anymore on every preset load
Hope it solves the irritating GUI fluctuations.
Unfortunately, the GUI still flickers when changing presets. That too weirder than before, apparently.

Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.

User avatar
fisherKing
KVRAF
2136 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:12 am

Stefken wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:53 am
fisherKing wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:26 am
Ficciones wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am
God, it's bad. If this is the best they can do after two big mercy patches, I'm really worried about their viability as a software company. Good thing they're diversifying into cloud something(?) mumble mumble.

Imagine how unusable and shitty Maschine would be if the Massive X team had programmed it.
perhaps a specific list of issues would be more useful than a rant. and lots of us are enjoying working with MX.

good that you're worried about NI, though... that's awfully generous of you...
There have been very specific issues. But they are met with the same defensive posture.
Feels like you're worried as well, going 100% sentinel all the time.

I guess NL should hire you, if they didn't already. :wink:
right, then talk about the issues, instead of just ranting. we can't discuss the details if you don't bring them up.

i paid for MX, since i work for myself...
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
always one plugin short of perfection...

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
15799 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:14 am

coroknight wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am
SLiC wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:47 am
coroknight wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:40 am
SLiC wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:30 am
I am no fan but I almost feel sorry for NI- they give away a nice reverb and e-voucher for Xmas, give an update with 100 free (actually pretty decent) presets) and they have about 3 threads all ongoing on KVR about how poor their development is!
I feel the frustration that they are not addressing basic browser and midi issues, but come on guys, it is the season of good will ;-)
Care to suck that corporate dick some more?
Wow- just 30 post in 10 years an that was one of them, I am honoured! Happy Christmas.
Fortunately I have better things to do than make 4000 posts on an internet forum. Cheers!
Before today, I'd have assumed that someone who had a thrice-yearly posting rate just saved themselves until they had something really worth posting. Guess not! I hope you're better at whatever it is that keeps you away from us all :shrug:

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
31079 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:15 am

cleaned up...dont start it again
Why are so many guitar player jokes one liners? So the rest of the band can understand them.

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5846 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:20 am

Ficciones wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am
...I'm really worried about their viability as a software company. Good thing they're diversifying into cloud something(?) mumble mumble.
That’s a joke, right? The whole reason they’re floundering must be the “diversification” and losing focus on their actual products for the sake of the “investors”.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

SLiC
KVRAF
4542 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 am

Anyone tried the new performer mode with a KK keyboard yet?
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS and StudioOne, X32, DM12, Odyssey, P8, 500hp+ Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Deluge, OP-Z, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Steve1974
KVRist
125 posts since 13 Sep, 2014 from Moscow, Russia

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:30 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:05 am
Unfortunately, the GUI still flickers when changing presets. That too weirder than before, apparently.

Is anyone else facing this issue? I don't think it is related to FL Studio, but probably related to graphics. I am using on-board Intel HD 630. Only Massive X is having GUI issues, nothing else.
Same here. Reaper + W10 + integated graphics.
Also, it flickers on drop-down lists. Sometime it slows down the mouse movement even when the GUI is closed.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

Return to “Instruments”