Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
recursive one
KVRAF
4600 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:06 am

EnGee wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 am
Do they have the same value? Or is it just the same label?
Anyway it is annoying bug even if the function is ok. I can't test it now as it is still downloading! So slow! Maybe there are many updating now (there is other 3 updates I have one for Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and Monark! I hope I can test it tonight.
The delay actually works, it was me being stupid.

Thanks to chk071 :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

EnGee
KVRAF
5947 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 am

But in the image you posted, they seem to have the same value! How that could be?!

recursive one
KVRAF
4600 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:10 am

EnGee wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 am
But in the image you posted, they seem to have the same value! How that could be?!
You point the mouse to the value which is shown in bold and drag it up or down to change it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071
KVRAF
23199 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:15 am

recursive one wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:03 am
chk071 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 am
I remember I had the same issue when MX was released... I think you have to click and hold on the timing number, and move the mouse up and down to adjust the timing.
Indeed, that works. Thanks!

I'm being stupid :dog:
It's just not very intuitive. Or I'm stupid too. :D

EnGee
KVRAF
5947 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 am

Oh I understood now after I have done the update and run it! I think it is free to choose the values. The reason of many slots is the modulation slot, so you can modulate, say with lfo, to change the sync options according to the modulator.

recursive one
KVRAF
4600 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:28 am

EnGee wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:19 am
The reason of many slots is the modulation slot, so you can modulate, say with lfo, to change the sync options according to the modulator.
Yes, i think that's it. I wasn't using MX for a while because of that saving bug so i forgot how it worked.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

EnGee
KVRAF
5947 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:40 am

Cool 8) Day after day I discover something new makes me like MX more :D

perpetual3
KVRian
1288 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 am

chk071 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:15 am
recursive one wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:03 am
chk071 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 am
I remember I had the same issue when MX was released... I think you have to click and hold on the timing number, and move the mouse up and down to adjust the timing.
Indeed, that works. Thanks!

I'm being stupid :dog:
It's just not very intuitive. Or I'm stupid too. :D
I agree. It’s one of the quirks about MX - amazing sound with some counter-intuitive elements, but it’s very good for deeply integrated modulated delay. Especially when you use all the delay slots in series and/or parallel.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1749 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 am

Is it possible to modulate panning so that each new chord/key press will play either L or R? You can do this in Icarus by setting the source to Random > Flipflop+- but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in Massive X.

Edit: you can get part of the way there by assigning the T modulator to panning and select Velocity On as the source but it modulates according to the amount of velocity and not just the note on. Doesn't seem like this is possible.

User avatar
sinemotor
KVRist
273 posts since 24 Dec, 2015

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:20 am

Vortifex wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 am
Is it possible to modulate panning so that each new chord/key press will play either L or R? You can do this in Icarus by setting the source to Random > Flipflop+- but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in Massive X.

Edit: you can get part of the way there by assigning the T modulator to panning and select Velocity On as the source but it modulates according to the amount of velocity and not just the note on. Doesn't seem like this is possible.
You can assign "VR" to the pan knob. It will be a random position for each voice. This is what I do a lot with my patches.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1749 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:28 am

Yeah, doesn't quite do what I want though. Just gonna have to try and duplicate the patch in Icarus.

Or... I could just have two instances playing alternate notes :party:

SYXONEPRO
KVRer
11 posts since 3 Oct, 2019

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Why is Massive X such a big let down? they could have kept this update. So many things still wrong. NI stay dropping the ball.

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
883 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Opinions differ.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

User avatar
fisherKing
KVRAF
2136 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:06 am

Calenberger wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 pm
Opinions differ.
exactly, and we can see that on every thread here discussing any synth plugin. i like massive X, have been using it since it was released. had some issues, but most seem resolved.

can it get better? yes. but it's pretty great now...
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
always one plugin short of perfection...

User avatar
Biome_Digital
KVRian
819 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Re: Massive X 1.2 is out

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:23 am

The problem for me is the way it handles (or doesn't!) third party presets. Do they all get dumped in the "user" folder? Massive X is a really powerful synth with some great features. The effects are very nice. Some really interesting filters (but only 1!!), and the oscillator morphing options and modulation system is all great. But the browser needs to be sorted out urgently!

Return to “Instruments”