Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X

EnGee wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:00 pm Do they have the same value? Or is it just the same label?
Anyway it is annoying bug even if the function is ok. I can't test it now as it is still downloading! So slow! Maybe there are many updating now (there is other 3 updates I have one for Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and Monark! I hope I can test it tonight.
The delay actually works, it was me being stupid.

Thanks to chk071 :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

But in the image you posted, they seem to have the same value! How that could be?!

EnGee wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:07 pm But in the image you posted, they seem to have the same value! How that could be?!
You point the mouse to the value which is shown in bold and drag it up or down to change it.

recursive one wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 am I remember I had the same issue when MX was released... I think you have to click and hold on the timing number, and move the mouse up and down to adjust the timing.
Indeed, that works. Thanks!

I'm being stupid :dog:
It's just not very intuitive. Or I'm stupid too. :D

Oh I understood now after I have done the update and run it! I think it is free to choose the values. The reason of many slots is the modulation slot, so you can modulate, say with lfo, to change the sync options according to the modulator.

EnGee wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:19 pm The reason of many slots is the modulation slot, so you can modulate, say with lfo, to change the sync options according to the modulator.
Yes, i think that's it. I wasn't using MX for a while because of that saving bug so i forgot how it worked.

Cool 8) Day after day I discover something new makes me like MX more :D

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:15 pm
recursive one wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 am I remember I had the same issue when MX was released... I think you have to click and hold on the timing number, and move the mouse up and down to adjust the timing.
Indeed, that works. Thanks!

I'm being stupid :dog:
It's just not very intuitive. Or I'm stupid too. :D
I agree. It’s one of the quirks about MX - amazing sound with some counter-intuitive elements, but it’s very good for deeply integrated modulated delay. Especially when you use all the delay slots in series and/or parallel.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:06 pm Is it possible to modulate panning so that each new chord/key press will play either L or R? You can do this in Icarus by setting the source to Random > Flipflop+- but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in Massive X.

Edit: you can get part of the way there by assigning the T modulator to panning and select Velocity On as the source but it modulates according to the amount of velocity and not just the note on. Doesn't seem like this is possible.
You can assign "VR" to the pan knob. It will be a random position for each voice. This is what I do a lot with my patches.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why is Massive X such a big let down? they could have kept this update. So many things still wrong. NI stay dropping the ball.

Opinions differ.

Calenberger wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 am Opinions differ.
exactly, and we can see that on every thread here discussing any synth plugin. i like massive X, have been using it since it was released. had some issues, but most seem resolved.

can it get better? yes. but it's pretty great now...

The problem for me is the way it handles (or doesn't!) third party presets. Do they all get dumped in the "user" folder? Massive X is a really powerful synth with some great features. The effects are very nice. Some really interesting filters (but only 1!!), and the oscillator morphing options and modulation system is all great. But the browser needs to be sorted out urgently!

Return to “Instruments”