What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I'm getting some fresh tones with OPL synth lately but most used of all time have been Discovery Pro since 2007, Corona and AudioRealism ABL3.

GeneralQ wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:44 pm
I am demoing ANA 2. Sounds beautiful and indeed has a certain character to it. But GUI and layout is not looking very convenient to me, at least right now. It's on sale for 44 GBP with code, which is a great price. But I am trying to justify it against my most used synths like Massive, Massive X, and relatively new Pigments 2.

EDIT: Got ANA 2. Sounds incredible and it's a real fun to learn synth programming. It is a lot diverse than it might seem to be. The arp and cmd features are amazing. Thanks to nachenko for his advice to go for it and his free ANA 2 presets. :tu:
ANA2 is imo the best value per price synth I came across. It's 1/3 of the price of serum, but not too far away quality wise.
I absolutely agree. I kinda overlooked it initially, but it is a beast. Just couldn't resist buying after demoing it.

If one has Massive, Massive X and Pigments 2 along side (like me), definitely get ANA 2 over Serum.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 am
GeneralQ wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am ANA2 is imo the best value per price synth I came across. It's 1/3 of the price of serum
Is it 54 € now permanently? I though it was just a temporary discount...
I read somewhere that they don't have any end date planned for sale. They might call it off when they want to. If you want it, get it now - with a further 10% off coupon you get by waiting on their website and joining their newsletter. It's just too good. Amazing sound and great workflow. Modulation method might be a bit oldskool, but is simple and easy. :)

It's a great price for sure. :) I demo'd it when it came out, and, it wasn't quite my thing (not into that soft character much).

mxbf wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 am

But what I'm curious is what synth people actually use the most in real productions they do

I try to avoid using the same synths too much.
For production variety, I like to cycle synths, allows for more depth when the CD is complete.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:11 am It's a great price for sure. :) I demo'd it when it came out, and, it wasn't quite my thing (not into that soft character much).
IIRC you like Massive X.
Well, Ana2 is quite different and easier to handle, but very versatile in the wavetable playground. Just have a look at Sonic Academy's presets packs.
For my needs was a pleasant surprise and, with Reaktor and Serum, is the synth I use more often, lately.

ElectraX
Dune3
Ultra Analog VA3
Sylenth1
Sublab
Chromaphone2
DoomTune.com

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 am
GeneralQ wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am ANA2 is imo the best value per price synth I came across. It's 1/3 of the price of serum
Is it 54 € now permanently? I though it was just a temporary discount...
I think it's a long lasting sale. But it seems to be on sale quite often.

Operator
Wavetable
DUNE 3
RePro
Legend
Obsession
Bazille
U-NO-LX
ARP Odyssey
Dagger

I always fire up dune 3 first. First because it's beautiful to look at SECOND it sounds so good. I with they would release that reverb.

DUNE is just about the last thing I will think to load. I love its sound but I really hate using it. I'll try 10 other synths before I'll bother with DUNE. It's first in the list in my signature because of the way it sounds, nothing really compares, but if I was ranking them by usability, it would be at the other end.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 pm DUNE is just about the last thing I will think to load. I love its sound but I really hate using it. I'll try 10 other synths before I'll bother with DUNE. It's first in the list in my signature because of the way it sounds, nothing really compares, but if I was ranking them by usability, it would be at the other end.
Which dune?

Ana is always the second one I load them pigments. I need to start diva more. I need to start using alot if my synths.

As I do sound design full time I only get to make audio demos and design sample packs and synth presets. My first picks for synths are usually:

Pigments
Phase Plant
Arturia V Collection
Omnisphere
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

I counted about 10 people in this thread listing Diva as one of their most used synths... Does anyone use it as their real main synth?

damayor wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 amWhich dune?
Any/all of them. I'm a Synapse beta tester so I get that stuff for free. I doubt I'd be willing to pay money for DUNE.
Ana is always the second one I load them pigments. I need to start diva more. I need to start using alot if my synths.
I bought ANA a few weeks ago and I can't get past the first preset - I've used it in about 6 songs already, after turning the effects down to acceptable levels, of course. We're working on an album of covers and I want to see if I can use that same patch on every song, just for shits and giggles.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”