VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
32369 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am

tl wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:42 am
musicdevelopments wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:45 am
Syne v1.1 was released today with microtuning support!

Changes:
  • Microtuning support: Scala (.SCL) and AnaMark (.TUN) files can be imported
  • Note tunings can be edited under Settings / Tuning
  • The tuning presets are stored in an editable text file
  • 'Increase Slider Precision' setting added
  • The detached editor windows are resizable
  • Minor UI improvements
  • Fixed: rare hanging notes and other bug fixes
  • User guide updated
Syne is available at a 40% discount ($53) until April 20! Click for more info.
:tu:
Indeed - does it support the new MTS-ESP system?

KVRAF
32369 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:10 pm

musicdevelopments wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 am
There is only one area where Loom is better, in the sheer number of presets.
But as long as I can generate a complex wavetable for a single click, I don't find this a big issue. Yes, maybe the included presets in Syne are simple, most of them consist of 3-4 modules. I will add more evolving modern sounds. Syne has a heavily optimized rendering engine which has lots of potential, e.g. for physical modelling. It can serve as a foundation for other synthesizers.
Does Syne ship with some more advanced patches now? It does sound like it could benefit from a library of patches created by skilled sound designers. I do love how Loom's patches showcase what it is capable of in terms of sound design. I can't really agree with the view that being able to generate a complex wavetable with a single click, or for that matter resynthesize samples, is a substitute for skilled sound design. Its useful of course but IMHO for a modular plugin like this what is more useful is a library of learning resources on how to combine the modules available to create complex and musically usable sounds.

KVRAF
4346 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:19 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am
Indeed - does it support the new MTS-ESP system?
Not yet, but I received several requests, so it will be implemented soon. :wink:
aMUSEd wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am
Does Syne ship with some more advanced patches now? It does sound like it could benefit from a library of patches created by skilled sound designers.
There are no new presets yet. I am the only developer working on Syne, and had no time and resources to prepare more presets...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

Return to “Instruments”