New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

--

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 am A single Pigments 2 patch, engine 1 using a simple wavetable, engine 2 using a multi-sampled synth pad with x-fade looping. Automating the 4 assigned Macros and the modulation wheel in Logic X.
https://youtu.be/RSiWxjiV6X0
Nice sounds, Simon!

On a side note, I don't know why some idiot would "downvote" someone posting an example of making your own sounds in Pigments -- especially since that's "on topic" and there was nothing contentious or controversial about it. It's just an example of some nice programming in Pigments, FFS! But three people did it for this post. What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I guess its not the post but the sounds. As this is a matter of taste, it doesn’t mean too much... I’ll go and up vote...; - )

planetearth wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 am A single Pigments 2 patch, engine 1 using a simple wavetable, engine 2 using a multi-sampled synth pad with x-fade looping. Automating the 4 assigned Macros and the modulation wheel in Logic X.
Nice sounds, Simon!

On a side note, I don't know why some idiot would "downvote" someone posting an example of making your own sounds in Pigments -- especially since that's "on topic" and there was nothing contentious or controversial about it. It's just an example of some nice programming in Pigments, FFS! But three people did it for this post. What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Steve
Thanks Steve. I don't care about those votes at all, still I believe introducing the voting feature on KVR was a very bad idea because many people seem to care wether their or somebody elses post is up- or down-voted so the whole atmosphere got even more biased and worse overall.

clipnotic wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am
Do you program your own software or are you using the work of other peoples?
How stupid can you be to not write your own software for everything, every time you need to do something? See what I did there? ;)

planetearth wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 am On a side note, I don't know why some idiot would "downvote" someone posting an example […]
from my own experience:
it is quite easy to accidentally vote
for example with a trackpad:
when you grab the page for scrolling but the trackpad
errtically counts it as click and the mouse cursor happens to be over one of the vote icons...

One of many reasons that trackpads are shit.
clipnotic wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 amI wrote a book about programming sounds
You know what they say - "those who can, do and those who can't write books". Because I could explain the process of patching a synth in a single page, maybe a single paragraph. It's not hard, it's not complex, it's not some dark art. It is the most straightforward thing imaginable.
I have over 800 GB samples and thousands of sounds and soundbanks for many VST synths and if I want to find a sound I search for a similar and edit it, takes minutes.
Maybe to search by name but to find a sound that fits into a mix is a process that takes time. Give me 4 or 5 starting points and I'll get there faster than you every time.
Do you program your own software or are you using the work of other peoples?
I have done in the past but it never felt like something I needed to be doing as a performer, writer or producer. OTOH, patching a synth is very much something any performer or producer needs to know if they want to be taken seriously.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:41 pm
planetearth wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 am
Nice sounds, Simon!

Steve
Thanks Steve. I don't care about those votes at all, still I believe introducing the voting feature on KVR was a very bad idea because many people seem to care wether their or somebody elses post is up- or down-voted so the whole atmosphere got even more biased and worse overall.
I agree. Instead, I would have just liked a "like/upvote" button. No "dislike/downvote" button at all.

Image-Line forums had same issues and later they removed the dislike button. The atmosphere is much better now.

If you want to like something, upvote it. Else, just move on. Simple.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:32 am I guess its not the post but the sounds. As this is a matter of taste, it doesn’t mean too much... I’ll go and up vote...; - )
That may be all it is, but still, if you don't like the sounds, just move on! Or leave a comment on YouTube, where the sounds are. Why bother coming all the way back here just to take a (virtual) shot at someone? They're synth sounds. They're not political statements. If you don't like them, move on. How petty do you have to be to go through the rest of the trouble to make sure the person who posted them (a professional sound designer, no less) knows they're not liked? Not as good as your professionally created sounds?! Fine! Get over yourself and move on!
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 amThanks Steve. I don't care about those votes at all, still I believe introducing the voting feature on KVR was a very bad idea because many people seem to care wether their or somebody elses post is up- or down-voted so the whole atmosphere got even more biased and worse overall.
I'm with you there, Simon. But for some reason, this just bothered me. Especially since there was nothing controversial or "opinionated" in your post, and from what I've seen, you've always tried to help people here. It just seemed completely unwarranted.
muki wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pmfrom my own experience:
errtically counts it as click and the mouse cursor happens to be over one of the vote icons...
Indeed, it is easy to vote accidentally -- I've done it a few times on my own posts when trying to edit them. But if it were that easy to downvote something accidentally, it seems there would be a lot more posts with many "down" votes. Besides, even if you accidentally downvote a post here, you can just as easily click it again to "un-vote". (On a related note: My high school English teacher would throw a fit if she saw me using "downvote" and "un-vote" as actual words.) This just seemed to be a petty attack on someone for no reason at all.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:28 amI agree. Instead, I would have just liked a "like/upvote" button. No "dislike/downvote" button at all.

Image-Line forums had same issues and later they removed the dislike button. The atmosphere is much better now.

If you want to like something, upvote it. Else, just move on. Simple.

Sorry for going off-topic.
Exactly!

Steve

What makes an up-vote any more useful than a down-vote?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Nothing. Most people just can't take criticism. A dislike or downvote is nothing else than honest critique. A review, an opinion about something you don´t like. Nothing wrong with that.

Downvoting will prove me right :hihi:

Downvotes are much better entertainment, than upvotes! :D

planetearth wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 am […]. Besides, even if you accidentally downvote a post here, you can just as easily click it again to "un-vote". [.…]
yes...but...:
with "accidentally" i also mean, that you don't even realize it, that you have voted

muki wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:22 pm
planetearth wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 am On a side note, I don't know why some idiot would "downvote" someone posting an example […]
from my own experience:
If you accidentally vote... click it again to un-vote

Return to “Instruments”