Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:37 pm don't use it then, nobody forces you too.

its there for ppl who cannot afford payware, whatever the price

just because a product is deemed expensive for some, doesn't mean a company should offer diff sales structures

if you cannot afford it in one lump, but can afford in installments, save up the money. It's down to you to have self control, not the company to cater for your financial whims.
I don't share your logic. People buy all kinds of stuff in installments these days. Why would expensive plugins be any different?
It's not so much an issue for people in wealthy countries, but the price for plugins is the same globally, so for someone in a developing country the perceived price is, say, 10x as high as for us.
like i said, there are alternatives

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:37 pm don't use it then, nobody forces you too.

its there for ppl who cannot afford payware, whatever the price

just because a product is deemed expensive for some, doesn't mean a company should offer diff sales structures

if you cannot afford it in one lump, but can afford in installments, save up the money. It's down to you to have self control, not the company to cater for your financial whims.
I don't share your logic. People buy all kinds of stuff in installments these days. Why would expensive plugins be any different?
It's not so much an issue for people in wealthy countries, but the price for plugins is the same globally, so for someone in a developing country the perceived price is, say, 10x as high as for us.
the problem then is, the devs bills are still going to cost him the same, whether the customers are in rich or poor counties.

and then with vpn i could say i was in a developing country and buy it at the rate of that country. (not that i would, but people would)
so then a dev is losing out and ends up not paying his bills.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:52 pm the problem then is, the devs bills are still going to cost him the same, whether the customers are in rich or poor counties.

and then with vpn i could say i was in a developing country and buy it at the rate of that country. (not that i would, but people would)
Huh?! It will still cost the same in dollars or euros, but to someone in India that price is not perceived as 180 dollars, but as 1000 dollars. Hence it makes sense to pay in installments there.

Offering the same software at different prices in different countries is another story. It seems to be very rare. However, I use a software on my job that is sold clearly cheaper in developing countries. A humanitarian, leftist approach I suppose.
I doubt one can cheat using a VPN.

yeah that's the problem of globalization.

it's really global as much as it's profitable.

I can see why u-he can't price Diva for 99€, because bread costs 2x as much in germany as it does here. (not really because german shops are actually cheap and cost about the same as our shops), but logic still applies

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:52 pm the problem then is, the devs bills are still going to cost him the same, whether the customers are in rich or poor counties.

Huh?! It will still cost the same in dollars or euros, but to someone in India that price is not perceived as 180 dollars, but as 1000 dollars. Hence it makes sense to pay in installments there.

it makes more sense to save the money up, for both parties

Why?

because both parties get what they want

AnX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:49 pm because both parties get what they want
Not necessarily. Some developers are not doing well at all, they might be happier about an installment today than the full price half a year later, when it might already be too late.

Same with the user, they might need the plugin now, not half a year later.

"need"?

A Diva shall be honoured, wooed and seduced, not cheaply bought, just sayin'...

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:52 pm
Not necessarily. Some developers are not doing well at all, they might be happier about an installment today than the full price half a year later, when it might already be too late.

nobody needs a plugin, it's a luxury item.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:53 pm "need"?
I'll pay you next Tuesday... I just... I'm all out of plugins right now, and I'm jonesin' BAD, man :( :(
A well-behaved signature.

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 am

For the musician it is a tool, like the power tool to the carpenter.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 am

For the musician it is a tool, like the power tool to the carpenter.
if you can't afford the tools, choose a diff job

of course, the majority of musicians are hobbyists, so it's a poor analogy

Return to “Instruments”