3198 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 am

Vortifex wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 am
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:53 am
Vortifex wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 am
Could you please put a download link in your OP.
Not yet. In the facebook page he asked that people would not share the link yet, until there's factory preset bank ready. But it's available from his facebook page :tu:
Why would he share the link publicly on Facebook and then ask people not to share it? Oh well. I cba digging for it so if the guy changes his mind and puts it on his site maybe you could update the thread.
Maybe he treats followers with a synth before the official release. Now followers can play with it and help with the factory presets.
Official release will follow and it will most probably be found from the link at the first post :tu:

LeVzi
KVRAF
2228 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Re: T-Force The Saw

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 pm

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 pm
LeVzi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 pm
It is a nice buzzy supersaw synth, wont be replacing JP6K though.
Why you think that? Same structure than in jp6k but has a mod matrix.
Because JP6K sounds nicer, and works better.

Try making a pluck style supersaw, move glide to 1, then playing something quite fast. Moving the glide puts it into mono mode and playing midi drops out. I've never had that issue before with a synth and it put me right off this thing. I discussed it with the dev and that's just the way it is.

To me thats a bug, to him that's normal, any synth that doesnt play notes when played on a controller is broken imo.
Forward ever, Backward never

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian
785 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Galaxy far away

Re: Mastrcode synths

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am

Free stuff aren't perfect,but not necessarily the synth is problem,different pc or mac system,different incompatibility or other issues.For sure Mastercode sound is dope :)

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:01 am

+1

And the dev is VERY responsive. I reported couple of bugs and made a feature wish, all were fixed and added next night :clap:

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF

Re: T-Force The Saw

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:01 am

LeVzi wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 pm
LeVzi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 pm
It is a nice buzzy supersaw synth, wont be replacing JP6K though.
Why you think that? Same structure than in jp6k but has a mod matrix.
Because JP6K sounds nicer, and works better.

Try making a pluck style supersaw, move glide to 1, then playing something quite fast. Moving the glide puts it into mono mode and playing midi drops out. I've never had that issue before with a synth and it put me right off this thing. I discussed it with the dev and that's just the way it is.

To me thats a bug, to him that's normal, any synth that doesnt play notes when played on a controller is broken imo.
Try the new build.

fwsuperhero
KVRist
335 posts since 26 Jul, 2012 from Prague, czech republic

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am

I was looking for nice freeware Super Saw Synth and the only flexible solution I found was SuperWave P8. It was big back in the days but now it is nothing breathtaking. Long story short... I think The Saw excels in that bassy / sharp area where P8 is much more mellow and dreamy . I will try to layer these synths to get ultimate computer super saw. These two sound really different. And The Saw is really nice.. maybe one point and question:
1) Resolution of the filter can be too much... I tried Moog 24 DB and my heart hurts, I wont try to max another one :hihi:
2) Are filters coming from Renoise? They have simillar names and sound.

Thanks

chk071
KVRAF
22733 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:25 am

I just tried this very briefly, and... it's quite decent actually. Does what it says quite good ("The Saw"). :) Still pales a bit in comparison to the other supersaw synths I have, but, for a SynthEdit creation, it's pretty good. I know, SynthEdit doesn't mean anything, and, it's about the modules used. Either he used some good ones, or coded some good ones himself.

Bit limited though, limited to a single waveform. But, hey, it's The Saw.

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 pm

Well, he said that the aim was to emulate the supersaw section from jp8000 so.. ;)

HiEnergy
KVRian
907 posts since 19 Jun, 2006 from Berlin, Germany

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:29 am

I can't be bothered to use f***book. Is the link available anywhere else?

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:20 am

From his webpage when it's officially released.. Shouldn't be long.

Return to “Instruments”