Which Arturia soft synths do you like best & why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:26 am I'd have to say I like all of them. They may not always be perfect copies of the originals, but the flavor they bring is fantastic. I have started going to them more in the past few months than I ever did in the past.
My thoughts exactly.
A well-behaved signature.

Pigments, CS80V, Matrix 12, Synclavier, DX7, I've gotten good use out of the SEM as well.

Pigments and mini, i love the filter in pigment and i love the sound of mini

Vox Continental and Farfisa currently

:oops:

...for their vintage, very specific character and color it adds to my arrangements

Solina V

Because it's a f*n Solina.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:06 amBecause it's a f*n Solina.
:lol:

What's up with arturia.com? They have been down for over 24 hours.

:shrug:

I like Analog Lab; it is the "gateway drug" to the other Arturia soft synths. :wink:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

thejonsolo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:17 am What's up with arturia.com? They have been down for over 24 hours.
Over 24 hours is an awful long time for a company web site to be out of commission.

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Bummer. Would think Artura stuff is oflline-capable like NI (for instance)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 am Bummer. Would think Artura stuff is oflline-capable like NI (for instance)
It is as much as NI.
And maybe a little more.
You can still download your products from your Arturia account, whereas NI makes you only able to get them through or by tricking Access for a browser link.
BTW, NI just changed it again to stop that trick, but all you need to know now is to leave that temp file open and extract the link with Access still open. (Closing Access as it required us to do before now deletes the file before you can open it.) It seems to me they work hard at making it as inaccessible as possible. Arturia has been far more dependable for me.
Hopefully they'll get whatever's going on fixed asap.

Pigments.
But they all contribute where necessary. The collection is like having lots of different colors on an artists pallet.
Depending on the circumstances - Film, Commercials, Remix or any other job depending on a clients needs or wishes - you can be anything from Rothko to Chagall. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to live in a time where there are companies like Arturia and NI etc covering so much of the sonic spectrum.

Mini V, Modular V, CS80 V, SEM V, ARP 2600 V, PROPHET V. i use them the most, but i also like synclavier, i am getting it now, i already did, it is a great thing, but additive synthesis i wanted to learn it first.
Matrix-12 V i do use, not that often, i like to.

too many synths! haha, and i still on collection 6.

and yes, spark 2 (which is already mentioned, i am happy!), is my to go to drumcomputer, when i do no use my own home brewed drumloop samples (from field recordings) and i have 2 drumkits made out of field recordings..

and of course: pigments.

so it depends what i need. the Jup-8, was always i blind spot for me, thought i was nothing, but now, i like it. it is the pipeline for making presets for it (with hardware feel, nicely mapped with automap).

o yes, that is what i like also, they work very very well with automap, and i have two automap controllers (novation..), 3 even, but 2 i use most of the times, programming sounds ánd automating is so easy.

Buchla Easel V.

Some of the extra features in it aren't very easy to use or well set up, but the main synth is good and sounds fairly authentic, considering.

Return to “Instruments”