ArcSyn Rooolz!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

Honestly, it does. It's got a great sound, a one-page GUI and is capable of pretty much anything a lot of more fancied synths are known for. Along with Thorn, it has become my go-to synth for pretty much everything. With a better GUI, I think it would be a lot more popular.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:32 am Honestly, it does. It's got a great sound, a one-page GUI and is capable of pretty much anything a lot of more fancied synths are known for. Along with Thorn, it has become my go-to synth for pretty much everything. With a better GUI, I think it would be a lot more popular.
I spoke with the dev and he is open to the idea of improving the GUI. Maybe we can collect some suggestions for him here.

A very underrated synth...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

it's one of the fantastic unique and very rewarding ones:)
the interface is not so friendly but... the sound and versatility!:)
a marvel on digital synthesis.

tony10000 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am
BONES wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:32 am Honestly, it does. It's got a great sound, a one-page GUI and is capable of pretty much anything a lot of more fancied synths are known for. Along with Thorn, it has become my go-to synth for pretty much everything. With a better GUI, I think it would be a lot more popular.
I spoke with the dev and he is open to the idea of improving the GUI. Maybe we can collect some suggestions for him here.
I gave up on this synth. It has been years and the developer never really care about its GUI.

tony10000 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 am
Are we mostly talking about layout?

Try to load different skins into a skinable synth and the difference in sound is transparent...!

I think I've seen more people say that ArcSyn is underrated than I have seen praise for some other "popular" synths :hihi:

It's a good one. The oscillators are interesting on their own, the filters and effects are unique and the LFOs can get crazy.

I haven't really seen many people arguing to the contrary, other than some who don't like the GUI. Personally, I think the GUI is not very remarkable in either a bad or good way, but it gets the job done.

+1

I've always told myself that as soon as the developer makes a 40% sale or near, I'll get it, because I know it's great but the thing is that I don't NEED it, I simply WANT it. Never happened so far (or missed it). Always 20% or around. So I never hit the trigger button yet. I can't purchase every synth I want in the world. And personnaly I have no problem with this GUI, I find it OK.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 amI gave up on this synth. It has been years and the developer never really care about its GUI.
As much as the GUI could be better, at least it's all on a single page, which I think makes it easy to forgive its other foibles.
focusrite wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:08 pmAre we mostly talking about layout?
For me, definitely. The problem with the skins is that they all share the same layout. It's the layout that needs to be addressed, to improve workflow and usability.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:59 pm For me, definitely. The problem with the skins is that they all share the same layout. It's the layout that needs to be addressed, to improve workflow and usability.
Agreed.

I guess I'm alone here but I love the synth and the interface!

So why do you think it isn't more popular?

its a great synth, good sounds and efficient CPU use.
for me, its some of the filter controls and routing that can get confusing. and the mod matrix can be bigger and simplified. also annoyed that you cant relocate the presets folder :x
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”