For 8.88$ should is buy iris 2 in 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:05 pm 9$ on Iris was still better spent than 9$ for the last 3 beers
:shock:

Reported!

when this baby reaches 8.88$ youre gonna see some serious shit!

dune_rave wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 am quite disappointing, that its price at izotope is around 150.
I've checked pluginboutique and there 9.4 eur is the price.
i don't understand this.
it's not fair for those who buy this at izotope.
I'm just commenting, i don't want to buy this even if its price was 1 eur.

In aug 2019 it was given free if you bought something at pluginboutique...
https://youtu.be/Q_jJytVNoKE
And life is not fair. Get over it. I bought it for something like 75$ 1 1/2 year ago. So what am I going to do? Cry and complain about it? No.

Daimonicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm
And life is not fair. Get over it. I bought it for something like 75$ 1 1/2 year ago. So what am I going to do? Cry and complain about it? No.
recent price dumping in plugin world isn't good practice tho for plenty of other reasons.
it makes it much harder for indie/small developers because they can't afford to dump prices, which means we're on a fast-track to monopoly from the likes of waves, izotope and PA, and when there's a monopoly, its too late to do something about it

dune_rave wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:39 pm
quite disappointing, that its price at izotope is around 150.
I've checked pluginboutique and there 9.4 eur is the price.
i don't understand this.
it's not fair for those who buy this at izotope.
I'm just commenting, i don't want to buy this even if its price was 1 eur.

===================================================

""And life is not fair. Get over it. I bought it for something like 75$ 1 1/2 year ago. So what am I going to do? Cry and complain about it? No.""
=====================================

Yep.
I worked for an Internet company in the late 90's. We had FAST internet at the time; a T-1 line.
They cost between $500-$1000 a month- for 1.5Mbps!!

Today you can get 50Mbps for $25 a month..
Like he said, get over it and buy the dam thing for $8.88 :D :D

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:33 pm
[/quote]

Yep. I worked for an Internet company in the late 90's. We had FAST internet at the time; a T-1 line.
They cost between $500-$1000 a month- for 1.5Mbps!!

Today you can get 50Mbps for $25 a month..
Like he said, get over it and buy the dam thing for $8.88 :D :D
[/quote]

I won't buy that, not because of the price, but I have currently 2-3 synths that can do granular/samples, don't need more :)

Heh heh.. You need an injection of G.A.S.

You ALWAYS need more... :hihi:

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:05 pm I did, but i really don't know what to do with it.
Trash2 for me was better 9$ spent. :)
However 9$ on Iris was still better spent than 9$ for the last 3 beers i don't need and usually regret on a night out.
oh yeah i also bought trash 2 too .... actually i was waiting for a offer ( 20 bucks or under for spending) on trash 2 .when that came i didnt expect it to get as low as 8.88 so had the freedom to buy iris with it
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

No way should you buy it at that price! Disregard any advice previous. Buying it at that cheaply is unfair to people who bought it at full price and who do not have the buy cheaply privilege.
No signature here!

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 pm
recent price dumping in plugin world isn't good practice tho for plenty of other reasons.
it makes it much harder for indie/small developers because they can't afford to dump prices, which means we're on a fast-track to monopoly from the likes of waves, izotope and PA, and when there's a monopoly, its too late to do something about it
That is a very good point.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

wait until it drops to $8.87 you cheap basket,
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:55 am It's an extremely simple "synth" but comes with a nice library of samples. Those samples alone are worth the price in my opinion.

.. but I wouldn't buy for more than a few bucks tho. Full price is ridiculous in this day and age.
Extremely simple? I think you miss the point. The complexity is in the spectral engine and how you can edit it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

For starters it's still a unique synth in a market of clones it has a spectral sample playback engine that is unique.

Also another way to judge value and interest in a synth is the amount of 3rd party presets available and this one has a good amount.

That's not a monopoly nor is it how markets work...Like so long as there are atleast a handful of big developers there can't be a monopoly and that would never happen anyway.
Do you think companies want to charge less and lay off employees? The issue is piracy. Prices have been dropping for years have you noticed any lack of new developers? On the contrary the lower prices have only made music software more accesible to people who otherwise would of been too timid to invest in it.
Also other models such as subscriptions and Patreon are the way of the future.
CrystalWizard wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:51 am
Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 pm
That is a very good point.

who doesn't love a good subscription?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”