Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
excuse me please
KVRist
456 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Fri May 22, 2020 11:19 am


User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
13378 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm

The first song I've heard where the Metronome outperforms the rest of the band.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65158 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm
The first song I've heard where the Metronome outperforms the rest of the band.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vortifex
KVRAF
1856 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:30 am
Vortifex wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am
recursive one wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 am
buffalo penis
What on Earth is happening in this thread? :o
It has now become the 'post any old shite' thread.
not really, it was relevant.
it didnt just come from nowhere.

jump/roth/buffalo bill.
i dont know what to say if you dont see it? :shrug:
sorry if a fake murderer tucking his junk offended :hug:
I wasn't talking about you specifically and nothing offended me. It was just an observation on how the thread turned out.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65158 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 pm
vurt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:30 am
Vortifex wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am
recursive one wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 am
buffalo penis
What on Earth is happening in this thread? :o
It has now become the 'post any old shite' thread.
not really, it was relevant.
it didnt just come from nowhere.

jump/roth/buffalo bill.
i dont know what to say if you dont see it? :shrug:
sorry if a fake murderer tucking his junk offended :hug:
I wasn't talking about you specifically and nothing offended me. It was just an observation on how the thread turned out.
in that case, can i have the hug back?
i may need it if i do offend someone :hihi:

:tu:

Vortifex
KVRAF
1856 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 2:00 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:55 pm
in that case, can i have the hug back?
i may need it if i do offend someone :hihi:

:tu:
Image

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65158 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 pm

:cry:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
19152 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 3:06 pm

FTR, I listened to the OB6 vs OB-Xa V comparison and the OB-Xa V falls apart on the resonance test. What a difference.

So either I'l be getting Obsession or nothing. I don't need an OB that badly.

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7763 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm
The first song I've heard where the Metronome outperforms the rest of the band.....
lol. oh dear.
rsp
sound sculptist

Lucastyle
KVRist
75 posts since 5 Sep, 2011

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Someone knows if there is going to be an Obsession Fx version like the legend has?

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
7141 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Lucastyle wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:03 pm
Someone knows if there is going to be an Obsession Fx version like the legend has?
I would assume yes based on The Legend and the idea that even the same GUI framework was used here too. Only stands to reason that an FX version would also be included.

User avatar
Yorrrrrr
KVRian
956 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Colombia

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:44 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:06 pm
So either I'l be getting Obsession or nothing. I don't need an OB that badly.
Yes, it's worth the wait, you'll see...
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vitocorleone123
KVRian
537 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:06 pm
FTR, I listened to the OB6 vs OB-Xa V comparison and the OB-Xa V falls apart on the resonance test. What a difference.

So either I'l be getting Obsession or nothing. I don't need an OB that badly.
I’m nowhere near a synth expert, but I suspect the OB-6 resonance is fairly unique (other great synths have their own flavors of high resonance). I wouldn’t expect that same sound from any other synth.

However, high resonance with filter sweeping etc is where all softsynths struggle the most - most sound digital/flat in comparison. Repro and The Legend do a respectable job, comparatively.

db3
KVRAF
2355 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 pm

OB-6 (SEM) has a different filter to OB-Xa (Curtis) so to be expected.

User avatar
Niowiad
KVRian
610 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Re: Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

Post Fri May 22, 2020 11:41 pm

edited: wrong thread :neutral:

Return to “Instruments”