What are your favourite Arturia V Collection instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As title says. Great if you can limit to your 5 best/preferred instruments. :)

Matrix 12
Synclavier
SEM
ProphetVS

Those are just the ones I enjoyed the most when I owned the V7 bundle.

All of them are capable of good sounds though :tu:
:borg:

None. TBH, I think there's much better than the Arturia synths.

Don't beat me, you asked. :(

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:02 pm None. TBH, I think there's much better than the Arturia synths.

Don't beat me, you asked. :(
Do you "actually" own them? :roll:

Which Matrix-12 is better than theirs?
Which Prophet VS is better than theirs?
Which Synthi is better than theirs.
Which Buchla Easel is better than theirs?
Which Synclavier is better than theirs?
Which Mellotron? Which Fairlight? Which Solina?
Which Casio CZ is better than theirs?
Which DX7 is better than theirs?

Not even entering the hyperbolic "much better" :dog:
Fernando (FMR)

I own the MiniV Original, and the Mini filter, and demo'd the Matrix-12, the Jupiter, Minimoog, and the Prophet, and, yeah, I think there's much better, and more analog sounding soft synths. ;)

Pigments isn't too bad though. Again, though, I think there's better.

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:30 pm I own the MiniV Original, and the Mini filter, and demo'd the Matrix-12, the Jupiter, Minimoog, and the Prophet, and, yeah, I think there's much better, and more analog sounding soft synths. ;)

"Pigments isn't too bad though" :lol:

You suffer of prejudice, clearly. You have little to no experience with Arturia synths. Again, since you demo'ed the Matrix-12, which one is better than theirs? And which Prophet VS? (which isn't even analog, BTW, let alone the fact the synth also has a hybrid Prophet-5/Prophet VS configuration that doesn't exist anywhere else) :hihi:

And what do you mean with "analog sounding? Which analogs do you own or compared with?

There is no such thing as "analog sound". There are analog SYNTHS, but they sound very different from each other.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Sorry, but please let's be on topic and not compare them. If you like the sound of any Arturia V Collection instruments, mention them, else feel free to skip the topic. Thanks! :)

fmr wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:30 pm I own the MiniV Original, and the Mini filter, and demo'd the Matrix-12, the Jupiter, Minimoog, and the Prophet, and, yeah, I think there's much better, and more analog sounding soft synths. ;)

"Pigments isn't too bad though" :lol:

You suffer of prejudice, clearly. You have little to no experience with Arturia synths. Again, since you demo'ed the Matrix-12, which one is better than theirs? And which Prophet VS? (which isn't even analog, BTW, let alone the fact the synth also has a hybrid Prophet-5/Prophet VS configuration that doesn't exist anywhere else) :hihi:

And what do you mean with "analog sounding? Which analogs do you own or compared with?

There is no such thing as "analog sound". There are analog SYNTHS, but they sound very different from each other.
It's really beyond me how you can feel so insulted by someone saying that "there is better". :)

Also, as you claim that I "suffer from prejudices", why did you pick the ones which are sort of the only ones which were ever modelled in software? Pick the Minimoog V. There are at least 3 software emulations which are better than it. Period. Pick the Jupiter-8 V. Roland did it better with their emu, period.

See, I don't even want to get into this. Pick what you want, and, if you're happy with it, that's great. All I'm wondering about is your defensive-ness. I didn't insult your family or anything. I just said that there are better soft synths than there are in the V-Collection.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:55 am What are your favourite Arturia V Collection instruments?
Matrix 12V and Synclavier V

Jup-8

Looking back I think I was more in love with the idea of owning all these Arturia soft synths, than actually using them.

Whenever I've loaded one up, I'm usually instantly underwhelmed, and feel I can get a better sound from a more modern synth.

The real truth is I'm prob too lazy to really master the Arturia collection like I ought to

- but 7 synths & all their various nuances is a lot to learn.

Pigments is still cool though, well worth the investment.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:00 pm I didn't insult your family or anything. I just said that there are better soft synths than there are in the V-Collection.
You didn't say "there are better soft synths", you said, and I quote: "there's much better than the Arturia synths". You made a generalization based only in a couple of demos. To which I enumerated a list of soft synths that don't even have competition. Yet you chose to ignore those because to you, somehow, only the Minimoog counts (and to a less extent the Jupiter-8).

Regarding the Jupiter-8, I don't have problems in admitting that the Roland emulation (which came much later, and demands a lot more CPU) sounds better. I also admit there are things (modules) in the Jup-8 V that need to be revised. That doesn't make it a MUCH worse synth, though. It ius a good synth, and you can recreate most of the Jupiter classic sounds with it.

Regarding the Minimoog, we are talking of the third Arturia emulation (very, very old), and although it has been revisited and revised later, I have to confess I still don't pay that much attention to it (never did, but I don't pay that much attention to the other emulations of it available, either). This is because I find the Minimoog too limited for my taste. The only (kind of) emulation I use is the one included in DIVA, but that's because in it I can mix Mini modules with other modules and created hybrids that do much more than the original.

Anyway, the Arturia V Collection has the best Synclavier emulation available, the best Fairlight emulation available, the best DX7 emulation available, the best Casio CZ emulation available, the best Prophet VS emulation available, the best EMS Synth A emulation available, the best Buchla Easel emulation available, the best Mellotron emulation available, the best Solina emulation available, the best Matrix-12 emulation available, perhaps the best Hammond emulation available, the best Rhodes emulation available, the best Wurlitzer emulation available, the best Clavinet emulation available, etc. etc. Other emulations may not be the best, but they certainly aren't bad.

And I would rather have Arturia revising the CS-80 and expanding it, or the Jup-8 and expanding it, or perfecting the Matrix-12 (which needs to be perfected) much more than wasting time and resources with (another) Minimoog.
Fernando (FMR)

In no particular order … my current four favorite Arturia V Collection instruments are: DX7 V, Matrix-12 V, Pigments, and ARP 2600 V. With its ability to combine, layer, split the V Collection instruments - I would consider Analog Lab in my top five and rank it #1 .

Analog Lab
CMI V
DX7 V
Synclavier V
Matrix 12 V

Sounds are excellent.

Version 6
Synclavier
CMI
SEM
DX7
Arp 2600

If anyone had the earlier V2 collection to my ears the Prophet5,Minimoog,Moog modular,Jupiter8,were far better sound wise than the newer versions which sound thin and digital

Return to “Instruments”