NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[quote=teacue post_id=7751545 time=1588535940 user_id=7733]
Not so long ago I was able to install and authorize B4 II through Service Center but I changed my hardware (I am running Windows 10 pro) and now I can't get it activated.

Can someone explain how to activate B4 II with Native Acces now?
I have installed the plugin on my system and both Native Access and Service Center can see the plugin.
In Service Center it shows as activated but nevertherless the plugin and the stand alone version can only run in demo mode.
Trying to authorize the stand alone version or the plugin opens the Service Center ... but as previously stated B4 II is already authorized!

I have asked NI but the answer may take some time.
[/quote]

Same problem but with a fresh installation of the windows 10 OS

"But I have now found what was wrong!
In Service Center the plugin was activated with an old System-ID
I deleted this old system-ID then reactivated the plugin with the serial and now it is working.

But I had to do this with Service Center and not Native Access."

doesn't work for me

anyway thank for your post, teacue

@newluc
I forgot to write that I also installed a registry fix, you could try if it works for you.

This is what Stefan F. from NI wrote about this on November 25, 2016 on the NI forum
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 78149-B4II
NI wrote: ...
thanks for your request. The B4 II was discontinued a long time ago, even before 64-bit Operating Systems were supported by Native Instruments. 64-bit Windows editions still support using 32-bit applications and therefore they feature a 32-bit part in the so called Windows Registry. As the "old" installation routine is not aware of this specific 32-bit part of the Windows Registry, necessary Registry entries for the B4 II don't get written. This causes the problem that Service Center displays the B4 II as activated while the application itself starts in demo mode. To fix this, we provided a small script that simply copies the required Registry entries from the 64-bit section to the 32-bit part. You can get hold of this script here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... fix_10.zip
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Yep, that registry tweak should definitely do it.

Nope.
Remains in demo mode

I have same problem with Pro53

newluc wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:38 pm I have same problem with Pro53
Maybe this can help you:

Out of curiosity I tried to install Pro53 on my system (Windows 10)
In my user account I found a download for version 3.0.4
After installing it I was unfortunately unable to open Pro53
It simply did not open.

I found this thread: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 685/page-2
and followed the instructions founded in post #36 of the thread.

1. Uninstall Pro-53
2. Delete the serial key from the registry - IMPORTANT! (Follow info here: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 53.117135/
3. Install Pro-53 from CD or original installer
4. Open Service Center and activate it - IMPORTANT! Do NOT try to activate it from Native Access!
5. Update Pro-53 to the latest version.

But instead of installing from CD I installed version 3.0.5 found here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... 371d2fec59
(This link is to find in post #25 of the thread)

It worked!
And as 3.0.5 seems to be the latest version there was no need to follow point 5 to update to the latest version.
BTW I used Service Center 2.6.0.137 and did not let it automatically update.

What I do not understand is when will it be possible to activate the older plugins with Native Access?
At the moment it does not seem to work.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Thankyou teacue tomorrow i’ll try!

Activating old products through NA already works from what I've tried. Authorized Spektral Delay and B4-II without problems here.

Would be cool if the re-released Spektral Delay etc. I keep hearing how good it is/was.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yep ED seems even strange to me it doesn’t worked

EvilDragon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:09 pm Activating old products through NA already works from what I've tried. Authorized Spektral Delay and B4-II without problems here.
Would you then be so kind to explain how to do this?
I just completely deinstalled Pro53, cleaned the registry, installed it again and this time only used NA.
But though adding the serial number in NA seems to be succesful (according to NA) the plugin is marked as demo and when I start the program it also asks for activation.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

never mind

Pro 53, Battery 3 and the b4 mk2 organ does not display in my latest version of native access at all!!

Aloysius wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:32 pm Would be cool if the re-released Spektral Delay etc. I keep hearing how good it is/was.
Spektral Delay was fricking awesome. I lost my CD in one of my moves. When I tried to replace it, it had been discontinued and NI wouldn’t allow a replacement copy. 64bit wasn’t even part of the question back then.

I really like NI, and I understand the need to focus toward emerging technology, but there are a couple of times and/or situations where their decisions appear a bit draconian.

So what is the update progress here? Matt from Ni has mysteriously been very silent these days....

Return to “Instruments”