NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Komplete 7 had Kontakt 4 and Guitar Rig 4 which are fully forward compatible with Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5. Not the case for Battery 3.

How does Native Access handle Komplete 7?
Also what happens with Kontakt 2 and 3.x?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I have Vokator, Spektral Delay, Pro-53, etc. as part of Komplete 4 - will I be able to activate them? I noticed those individual products can be still activated but what happens if they are included in earlier versions of Komplete?

How do you know they can still be activated? Pro-53 is 32-bit only.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

They are listed under Native Access activation here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 0006053397
So I assumed NI made it possible to activate them as individual products (?)

Yes, you can activate them with Native Access. You first need to install the latest updates for them (1.6.0 for Spektral Delay, 1.2.0 for Vokator, 3.0.5 for Pro-53, 2.0.4 for B4-II).

NA can activate older Komplete bundles still, as far as I can tell. It just cannot install them - which is why you will need original disks (or their ISO images).

This proves my concern about all these companies switching over to product portals which activate the product and server-based activations. It makes it worse when hey won't let you save the installer for a product anymore like ReFX Nexus 3. I prefer having a serial code or dongle. At least local activation allows you to reinstall on future computers.

So yes, you bought a perpetual license for a product and they're technically now ripping it from you by not creating an offline activator or by not removing activation requirements. I'd look through the EULA to see if you have a lawsuit. Laws vary from country to country so one country may have a case while another may not. In the meantime, I would agree to find other users to submit comments to Native Instruments.

Product activation should take very little money if any or resources to do so I'd think it's useless to discontinue. At least make a patch or serial option and be done.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:27 pm NA can activate older Komplete bundles still, as far as I can tell. It just cannot install them - which is why you will need original disks (or their ISO images).
Yep, my Komplete 8 Ultimate install drive is the Native Instruments installer I've used more than any other; every time I set up a new computer I pull out that drive for the sole purpose of installing Battery 3, and Native Access has never had an issue with it. It activates with my K8U key.

Zbigniewk23 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:42 pmProduct activation should take very little money if any or resources to do
You'd think so but it's not an absolute.

Can someone please post Native Instruments CEO email address. I wish to express my disgust with this policy. And offering no alternative solution. In 10 years time it will likely happen to all the software you use when they decide to get rid of Native Access. Assuming N.I. are still in business (Covid has taken down many companies).

You cannot activate Pro53 3.05 in Native Access. It just says DEMO . You cannot save patches

I've just tried to remove my authorization of Pro-53 and NA reauthorized it perfectly fine.

lxworld wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:00 pm Can someone please post Native Instruments CEO email address. I wish to express my disgust with this policy. And offering no alternative solution. In 10 years time it will likely happen to all the software you use when they decide to get rid of Native Access. Assuming N.I. are still in business (Covid has taken down many companies).
https://www.google.com/ :roll:

It looks like they changed CEO so wait a bit!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:25 am I've just tried to remove my authorization of Pro-53 and NA reauthorized it perfectly fine.
Hi EvilDragon, it is nice & encouraging to hear that Pro-53 is still working for you. I have a weird situation where I am trying to authorize it on a system using NA, with Service Center now being defunct. NA did recognize & accept my serial, and lists Pro-53 as having a status of "FULL VERSION", like my other products. However, launching Pro-53 itself spawns the 'unregistered' window- which of course links to Service Center- which can't proceed.

I have tried installing the latest version of Pro-53 from the NI support site, from my original Komplete 5 DVD's (I also own the Komplete 2 DVD's but assume they would not be any more useful), and have tried clearing out the Pro-53 Windows registry entries between installs (recommended in a post on the NI forums), all to no avail.

In short, NA seems to know/understand that I own Pro-53, but there is a disconnect between NA and the actual installed software, which always throws up the unregistered window when I run it (or it gets 'tickled' by summoning/editing a Pro-53 instrument in Kore 2).

I would appreciate it if you had any thoughts or pointers on how to get PRO-53 registered- I am hoping there is something I have overlooked.

I was able to successfully get B4-II to install entering my serial number. I also added the serial number through Native Access and the 2.0.0 version shows "Full Version" under Installed Products. It is activated and runs successfully on Windows 10 Pro. Using JBridger to create a 64bit VSTi which runs great Cubase 9.5.

During the installation I chose to troubleshoot the program and checked the boxes:
"The program worked in earlier versions of Windows..."
and
"The program requires additional permisisons"

In the next window I selected Windows XP SP3 as the previous windows where it installed successfully.

I then upgraded to the latest program version 2.0.4 ...That version fails to be recognized as activated even though Native Access still recognizes it as Full Version product. So I downgraded back to version 2.0.9 and its working again.

I'm trying each of the updates to see if any of them work. Might as well use the most up to date version. Trying 2.0.3 now... I keep you posted.

Joe

Return to “Instruments”