NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So tired of NI... can't believe they will not allow product re-activation for some older products. I completely understand not supporting with updates, as there comes a point where development is not economical. But not allowing users to re-activate as-is purchased products, is disgraceful. At a minimum, they should provide owners who PAID NI money to buy these products, a non-copy protected version. Distancing myself from NI -- such a shame. Clearly they had business issues last year as they laid-off many employees. Perhaps if you screw your customers enough, they stop buying...

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:54 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 pm Oh now this is some bullsh*t. I hope NI reconsiders this because, like others here, if this happens, I'll be done with NI. That's not how a company should treat long-time customers. :x
I've been an N.I. customer since the early 2000's. They can KMA

Anyway with the world economy in free fall due to Covid-19 concerns I question the timing of this move by N.I. Might want to wait for the Global Pandemic to be over to see if you have any customers still standing..... :lol:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Funny. Dark...but funny.

Wow, this really shakes my faith in NI as a company. How long before you can't use the O.G. MASSIVE? 10 years? 20? Lots of people would lose old projects if that happened. Sure, don't maintain your legacy products. Drop them from your activation platform. But for goodness sake, find some way to avoid locking customers out from stuff they paid for and could otherwise still use... :(
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

They should provide a solution for those who have old software IMO. Maybe like offline serial or a key file. I don't think many are interested in pirating them anyway! It is mostly old projects that users need access to them.

Anyway, for me, I'm not affected by this but when they touch FM8, Massive or/and Absynth, I will think of abandoning them. I might even go the hardware synths/instruments route and use my computer for sequencing/recording only.

I'm so happy to see so many other people here up-in-arms over NI's actions. Maybe if we all raise bloody hell about it, the company will rethink its decision? (Maybe I'm being too optimistic...)

bad move, NI. bad move.

The bean counters in action once again...

NI can't be travelling too well if they have to resort to tactics as low as this to keep the balance sheets in order...

How about firing some of those over paid executives and employing a few more coders and some people who inspire greatness in a company ?

Damn...I forgot that those lovely folks from the private equity company are holding the reins now :tu:

I wonder if they actually consider how their customers feel about some of the changes that they make to the licensing agreements whenever some bean counter has a thought bubble and a bright idea of how to save NI a few more dollars ?

Short sighted dicks !

The future of sound my arse....

I'm happy to just walk away and never look back :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

Shameful. As others have said, ceasing development of old products is fine, but halting authorizations of paid-for products shocks the conscience. I confess that I’m too enmeshed in Kontakt to stop using it for 3rd party instruments, but I will certainly not buy any other NI products (including NI’s own Kontakt instruments) going forward.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have Komplete Ultimate 12 but I still like and use their old discontinued products - I never expected they would go down that route. I thought they are much more reliable. I mean, I could even pay a small fee for each reactivation in the future. I have 2 computers - one (Windows 7 32-bit) with those old products I wouldn't like to part with and one (Win 10) with current music software.
This is one of the reasons I keep coming back to hardware - nobody will force me to stop using JV1080 just because Integra is the current thing...

Russell Grand wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:54 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 pm Oh now this is some bullsh*t. I hope NI reconsiders this because, like others here, if this happens, I'll be done with NI. That's not how a company should treat long-time customers. :x
I've been an N.I. customer since the early 2000's. They can KMA

Anyway with the world economy in free fall due to Covid-19 concerns I question the timing of this move by N.I. Might want to wait for the Global Pandemic to be over to see if you have any customers still standing..... :lol:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Funny. Dark...but funny.
:hihi: yeah that was F'kin hilarious n....

Is'nt there a law in Europe about owning software you paid for?
Won't that make NI going against the law ?
Can they actually do this move full legit ?
[Mod edit: warez talk removed.]
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Could we (KVR forum members) make a petition against it and send it to Native Instruments?

szurcio wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:26 am Could we (KVR forum members) make a petition against it and send it to Native Instruments?

I'm pretty sure the money changers over at NI would wipe their arses with that paper, especially now that there's a run on TP.

I was just about to get straylight. Wonder what I could get instead...? Quanta doesn't seem as good.

It's NI's problem that they will not longer activate their products, the customer shouldn't care about that.

Return to “Instruments”