One Synth Challenge #134: Easter Lockdown Special - Any Synth (Voting Ended. Results pending)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjAcyTXRunY

Just say you are imitating this bird:)
:nutter: if you can read this, your screen is big

ccDuckett wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:00 am Synthesized birdsong? Got it covered! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Sx84wJz7g
👍🏼
That’s a good one (like most Xoxos stuff).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Yes, this is good, but in this case you will have to use this synthesizer for the entire track! :hihi: If not for this circumstance, then Yes, Oscine Tract is the first thing that comes to mind.

Thanks for the answer. Then I will not use formant filter. I will look for another method in the synthesizer itself. This is even more interesting. I wanted to synthesize the voice of an owl in Surge.
:phones:

can we use chorus and/or flanger if it's an internal effect to the synth?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 am can we use chorus and/or flanger if it's an internal effect to the synth?
Yes you can use anything within the synth (except sample playback).

z.prime wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 am
3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 am can we use chorus and/or flanger if it's an internal effect to the synth?
Yes you can use anything within the synth (except sample playback).
thanks, this round is gonna be fun. :D
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

zerofox97 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm I'm going with The Grid. Wish me luck
Me too, a single instance...

Maybe I should join. It has been long since last time. I made a bird song synth a couple of years ago. Unreleased, and not as advanced as xoxo's oscine tract. But the real reason I want to join is because I want to use Lynx in the OSC and now I can. :-P

< withdrawn >
Last edited by ELEX on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm thinking of having a go this month, but could somebody please clarify something for me? I think I'm going to use Massive X. In the noise section, there's a source called Birdy, which does sound very much like a flock of birds.

Can I use this noise source because it's included in the factory content of the synth? I would be using it as a subtle secondary texture to backup other totally synthesised birdsong.

i think it is okay to use MASSIVE X, only wavetables ... good luck!
RichardSemper wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:02 pm Here is the guidance from last time:
Wavetables are allowed, but should not be used as sample playback engine i.e. to replicate recorded instruments or vocal phrases directly, but rather to synthesise, morph and mangle single cycle waveforms.

SORRY, i am wrong! The noise section in MASSIVE X uses .wav-files! In the library of massive you will find a folder for wavetables (.mxwt-format) and in the noisetable folder there are only .wav-files. So these are samples ....

Ah, OK. I'll stay away from using the noise section then. Cheers.

marks-a-whybikky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:23 amThe noise section in MASSIVE X uses .wav-files!
Sorry to derail slightly, but that, to me, is just ridiculous. Using .wav files, for one of the all-time easiest/simplest things to generate?
There's been some slap-a-logo-on-a-rompler "noise" plugins and sample packs doing exactly that before, but it's decisions like that that have made people look at Massive X's install size vs. feature set and ask "Why?"
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Return to “Instruments”