Sonic Charge updates all plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm Any thoughts on how this stacks up against Drum Computer by Sugarbytes.
Isn't that what demos are for?

Muziksculp wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 pm Thanks for the heads up on the updates.

I have their MicroTonic, and I'm delighted they finally gave it a scaleable GUI after all these years using it from a tiny GUI. :clap:

I love using MicroTonic, It's So much fun :tu:

Here is a pic of it on my tv HD screen wow... what a difference !
Thats a MacroTonic :D

^^^ :tu: :tu: :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm This is making me think about Microtonic again now it's scalable and I think the Euclidian thing is new?

How does the Euclidian work in this plugin? Can you set any number of steps, including odd numbers like you can in some of the Reaktor ensembles (I think).

Any thoughts on how this stacks up against Drum Computer by Sugarbytes.
The Euclidian thing is new. I believe its an example of what can be done with the new scripting. Not sure how it works in detail. I haven't really investigated other than opening it up as I worked through the new features.

Microtonic vs DrumComputer: i've used µT more than dC. I think µT is capable of a wider range of sounds including some really crazy stuff. dC's sound design works within an narrower range. It's like dC is more fine tuned internally to create good drums sounds but in a narrower scope than µT, which you can some really nasty sounds out of. dC is a more refined tool with a contemporary UX and UI - it sounds great and has some excellent sound and pattern features. µT has a simpler UX/UI but also have some nice features too, with good pattern support. It also has easter eggs. They are different really, in the realm of electronic drum computers.

the euclidean working method is simple,. you can set it per drum sound, and it works for chained patterns (longer length) too.quite similar to the one, that is included in the new fl studio.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:23 am I still use Echobode daily, it's a go-to effect.
Echobode rocks :tu:

Nice additions in microtonic but it's a shame macrocontrols can't be automated.

I remember reading an interview with the developer maybe 10 years ago, that Microtonic was supposed to be the little brother of the real drum synth. Even after 10 years I still hope that will materialise one day.

/Carl
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 am I remember reading an interview with the developer maybe 10 years ago, that Microtonic was supposed to be the little brother of the real drum synth. Even after 10 years I still hope that will materialise one day.

/Carl
PO32 ?

dupont wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 am I remember reading an interview with the developer maybe 10 years ago, that Microtonic was supposed to be the little brother of the real drum synth. Even after 10 years I still hope that will materialise one day.

/Carl
PO32 ?
No, back then he was talking about software.
I think PO32 is still "just" a Microtonic.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Fortunately Permut8 was already large enough on my screen, but it's great to see their plugins getting some refreshing :tu:

psynical wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:01 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm Any thoughts on how this stacks up against Drum Computer by Sugarbytes.
Isn't that what demos are for?
Isn't this what forums are for?
Did it really make you feel better typing that?
Was it really worth your time? If you don't want to answer constructively then simply move on.

I have old demos of both, I'm looking for input from people who have spent time with both who may have better insight.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Well, only you can decide which one suits you best, so demos are def the way forward

/Carl
PO32 ?
My understanding is that PO32 came from Microtonic rather than the other way around. It seems PO32 is actually a cut down version?

Weird fact, Bitspeek came from a further development of the nag audio on one of the other Sonic Charge products? (maybe Microtonic?)

Bitspeek then begat the TE Speak pocket operator.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:15 am

/Carl
PO32 ?
My understanding is that PO32 came from Microtonic rather than the other way around. It seems PO32 is actually a cut down version?

Weird fact, Bitspeek came from a further development of the nag audio on one of the other Sonic Charge products? (maybe Microtonic?)

Bitspeek then begat the TE Speak pocket operator.
Yes, I own a PO32 and it is a cut down version of microtonic : 4 voices polyphony, only 1 output, but fun to play with.

Return to “Instruments”