Alchemy Users on Windows - did you find a replacement?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys im opening up old projects where i heavily used ALCHEMY and it is a pain to re-load, guess i should have used STEMS, well stupid of me.... seems it is cumbersome but i can still find the samples i used in the past.

i checked out some granular synths and it seems none is still capable of this?

- shapes, i used a lot RandGlide, always loved the results.

- i dunno anymore if these options were really that different but look at all those dffrent window style

- the rest seems to be covered? grain size (only up to 230ms) , density up to 10 grains

- but what about these 2? Rtime and RPan?

i didnt use Alchemy for so much more, mostly some granular stuff and i still didnt find anything similiar. i need to RTFM to check again what those different RTime, RPan, Shapes etc.

if anyone knows there is an engine and granular synths with the same features or maybe even surpassing it let me please know.

im still peeping at MAC, cause i get more and more pissed about windows systems, but i dunno if i really would come clear with Logic etc. as fl studio on mac is maybe still not reliable...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Why not continue to use Alchemy? Works fine here on Windows 10.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:29 am Why not continue to use Alchemy? Works fine here on Windows 10.
i do, but always with worries :P and it kinda is cumbersome compared to newer vsts (drag n drop samples doesnt work....) etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”