VPS Avenger new license system is a complete mystery

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cataclysm - Avenger Expansion VPS Avenger

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:07 pm Just to be padantic, the word is "customer" not "costumer". :) eg, I am often a customer, but I'll never be a costumer.
I guess the word you were looking for is "pedantic" and not "padantic" ? :D
More BPM please

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm .....
ReFx, Tone 2, and now Vengeance have all made it on to the list of developers I will no longer support because of their rude and unprofessional behavior towards paying customers. I'm sure everyone sees the connection between the three.
I was making this same point elsewhere recently.
In fairness though, at least to me, Markus has mellowed a lot and if you email him he will take criticism a lot more balanced in my experience.
rsp
Markus took criticism and handled it with care and solved the problems. I dunno if anything is still open but afaik tone2 are a great company caring for their customers and also removing the old installers which were having problems with ilok etc...

Instead manuel of vps just ignores all critics and it seems doesnt care as they are stubborn and dont care about people not wanting to use the new avenger version. Why he can do that? Cause the major customers have no problems, accept the backdrops and enough sales is generated. I guess there might be also pride im it not to admit it was a very bad handled move.... i think here on kvr are always nearly the same people complaining. What are a few people compared to thousands? Or hundreds of customers who are happy?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

dionenoid wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:07 pm Just to be padantic, the word is "customer" not "costumer". :) eg, I am often a customer, but I'll never be a costumer.
:lol: You win the Internet for today...... :tu: :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dionenoid wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm
:dog:

Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 am What are a few people compared to thousands? Or hundreds of customers who are happy?
Where do you get your numbers ? Are you privy to the Vengeance spreadsheets ?

Anyone who is "happy" to be forced to install and use a third party application that Vengeance has no control over and that loads at startup is easily satisfied...or not paying attention....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:15 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 am What are a few people compared to thousands? Or hundreds of customers who are happy?
Where do you get your numbers ? Are you privy to the Vengeance spreadsheets ?

Anyone who is "happy" to be forced to install and use a third party application that Vengeance has no control over and that loads at startup is easily satisfied...or not paying attention....... :shrug:
I have no numbers i just think businesswise? If they would suffer since the cp changed would u think they would continue like this? So that's why I wrote these ????? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

What does a license transfer cost, if I sell VPS Avenger? Couldn't find any useful info here.

The thing is: there's no perfect plugin synth.
If you look at Falcon, many superb features, but also has the cost of it, plus there's that iLok protection.
Overall I think Avenger is OK. Regarding the limitations and the features - it is well balanced.
Of course, it's pricey - like many other stuff.
The Copy protection doesn't bother me, because it lets you deactivate and activate, so if your computer is changed, you can activate your avenger on a new machine.
IMHO you only have to learn once how this new cp method works in avenger, write it down, then it's not a problem at all.

dune_rave wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:07 am The thing is: there's no perfect plugin synth.
If you look at Falcon, many superb features, but also has the cost of it, plus there's that iLok protection.
Overall I think Avenger is OK. Regarding the limitations and the features - it is well balanced.
Of course, it's pricey - like many other stuff.
The Copy protection doesn't bother me, because it lets you deactivate and activate, so if your computer is changed, you can activate your avenger on a new machine.
IMHO you only have to learn once how this new cp method works in avenger, write it down, then it's not a problem at all.
For me. I want to do music and not want to study how to install a copy protection and habe more work to set it up. Especially as a legal customer who pays for it and supports a company and then get this as a reward. People accept too much and limitations get more and more. But who cares

For me. I want to do music and not want to study how to install a copy protection and habe more work to set it up. Especially as a legal customer who pays for it and supports a company and then get this as a reward. People accept too much and limitations get more and more. But who cares
This is also my feeling many times. I spend a decent amount of time upgrading and dealing with various copy protections (as most members here at KVR I guess) and I accept it as a part of using software for music creation. The difference with CM is that every 90-days I need to go thru this procedure and prove that I am a legal owner.

I am a paying customer, not a thieve or pirate crack head, so I expect any company to please not treat me as one. I am not a huge fan of e-licenser or iLok but those are way better than CM. I have loads of other software that doesn't use this CM approach and they seems to be alive and well.

They should recognize that a product is not better than the support you give the customers when things doesn't work as they are supposed to. There is nothing wrong with Avenger as a synth. It's nice and it sounds great to me. The problem is their choice of copy protection and their failure to clearly communicate what the new copy protection mean for future use and how to use it.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

dune_rave wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:07 am The thing is: there's no perfect plugin synth.
As an answer to this copy protection impertinence around Avenger I bought a license of Falcon 2 and I'm very happy with that decision. Three installations on iLoks, no re-authorisation nonsense etc. It just works and sounds beautifully.
Of course I will sell the Avenger License.

And here's the next thing. I bought 3 expansions from another provider and as I imported them, I got errors about wavetables missing. To fix that, I had to import the free wavetables from the Avenger website. Ok fine no problem, but still some sounds are not like they should be. The provider is really cool and tried what he can, but gave up and said, that since V1.5 many things changed in Avenger. What about backward compatibilty??

No, I'm finished with this plugin and will NEVER buy something again from this company!

dreamvoid wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:04 pm
As an answer to this copy protection impertinence around Avenger I bought a license of Falcon 2 and I'm very happy with that decision. Three installations on iLoks, no re-authorisation nonsense etc. It just works and sounds beautifully.
Of course I will sell the Avenger License.
How much do you suppose an avenger license would go for?

clipnotic wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:50 pm And here's the next thing. I bought 3 expansions from another provider and as I imported them, I got errors about wavetables missing. To fix that, I had to import the free wavetables from the Avenger website. Ok fine no problem, but still some sounds are not like they should be. The provider is really cool and tried what he can, but gave up and said, that since V1.5 many things changed in Avenger. What about backward compatibilty??

No, I'm finished with this plugin and will NEVER buy something again from this company!
wow lol, i bought also some 3rd party libraries.... simon stockhausen/patchpool, bransaw or bansaw? and also made some myself. guess i have to get myself surprised if it works lol and still we ranting users get ignored as whiny kvr whiners i guess :D
i also see more errors on the fb group. maybe if all people with errors post it there too they will maybe then do something to the better.... otherwise can you trust a dev anymore acting like this?

i wont also upgrade to Nexus3 after this shit show with refx nor will i buy anything from vps atm. too bad i still got xp's left to choose...

AveryW wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:04 pm Of course I will sell the Avenger License.
How much do you suppose an avenger license would go for?
I don't know and I'm still waiting for an answer how transfers can be done and how much these cost if not free. You have always to pull all info about copy protection, selling licenses etc. out of the nose from these guys.

Return to “Instruments”