Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

I won't be able to continue testing and making presets because the laptop I was using has died. I hope you all have fun.

Erisian wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:32 pm I won't be able to continue testing and making presets because the laptop I was using has died. I hope you all have fun.
Oh my, that's too bad :scared: no way to fix it?

Great progress. A couple of bugs (AU version):

1) The position of the vector oscillator node resets to the bottom left when the plugin window is closed and re-opened. The setting remains unchanged, just the visual indicator resets.

2) When loading a preset that uses the mod wheel as a modulation source, the patch plays as if the mod wheel is set to 100%.

Would it be possible for Odin to remember the preset location, instead of hardwiring it to the documents folder?

onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm 1) The position of the vector oscillator node resets to the bottom left when the plugin window is closed and re-opened. The setting remains unchanged, just the visual indicator resets.
Have this one on my list!
onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm 2) When loading a preset that uses the mod wheel as a modulation source, the patch plays as if the mod wheel is set to 100%.
Will look into that. The modwheel graphic sits at 0%?

Actually I still have to disable that modwheel and pitchwheel are being stored/saved with presets, that's kind of useless and annoying.
onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm Would it be possible for Odin to remember the preset location, instead of hardwiring it to the documents folder?
After version 2.0.21 this should actually be the case: Once you load / save a patch in a custom folder Odin will remeber. However: This is done per plugin instance, so each instance keeps track of their own folder and each one starts hardwired to documents.

If you can confirm this is not the case then please report back!

onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm Great progress. A couple of bugs (AU version):
2) When loading a preset that uses the mod wheel as a modulation source, the patch plays as if the mod wheel is set to 100%.
I'm on v.2.0.20 and got that no audio thingy again.
It was enough to reset to get the audio back.
My guess is that it have something to do with the mod wheel as a modulation source. And possibly the audio engine doesn't like when you change the mod wheel value at the same time as you play.

Saffran wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 pm I'm on v.2.0.20 and got that no audio thingy again.
It was enough to reset to get the audio back.
My guess is that it have something to do with the mod wheel as a modulation source. And possibly the audio engine doesn't like when you change the mod wheel value at the same time as you play.
That no audio thingy? Did you report this before? Sorry, it's superhard for me to keep track of all the issues being submitted in different places with partial data :wink:
Best would be if you could issue a bugreport with all the info you got :tu:

EDIT: Just searched through the thread, is this about the Cakewalk randomization thing? I stil have that on my list, though somewhere in the lower priority levels

Jbravo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 pm some of these are good but a lot are really disappointing. They're either very simplistic or just random settings. Hopefully you can compile a really good bank of sounds otherwise if I was trying this synth for the first time I would assume it's not very versatile or capable.
Then why not make some patches yourself and upload 'em if you're not satisfied with what others have done so far? As the old adage goes: if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself" :wink:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm
After version 2.0.21 this should actually be the case: Once you load / save a patch in a custom folder Odin will remeber. However: This is done per plugin instance, so each instance keeps track of their own folder and each one starts hardwired to documents.
Are you willing and able to make it so that Odin does remember a custom preset path with each and every instance loaded instead of it reverting back to Documents each time? I really don't mind having to save presets in Documents, but having the option to chose wherever we'd like to place the presets folder would be a plus IMO. In the end, though, it's only a trivial niggle.

Russell Grand wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 pm Are you willing and able to make it so that Odin does remember a custom preset path with each and every instance loaded instead of it reverting back to Documents each time? I really don't mind having to save presets in Documents, but having the option to chose wherever we'd like to place the presets folder would be a plus IMO. In the end, though, it's only a trivial niggle.
I could store last location in the config file as well and use that instead of the default.
I guess I've heard it often enough now, so it gets on the list :wink:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Erisian wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:32 pm I won't be able to continue testing and making presets because the laptop I was using has died. I hope you all have fun.
Oh my, that's too bad :scared: no way to fix it?
False alarm. For some reason my monitor stopped working and I couldn't turn the computer off so I pulled the plug. While I was in the bath, I had a peculiar feeling that it would work if I tried turning it on again, so I did and here I am. :) The computer is on its last legs though sadly. :(

Sometimes a new SSD is all it needs - thank god shops are open in Sweden...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm Sometimes a new SSD is all it needs - thank god shops are open in Sweden...
There is physical damage to a corner of the keyboard where it connects to the monitor. It's not going to last very long I'm afraid. A new computer is on the horizon but I need a new job first so that I can save.

Jbravo wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 pm some of these are good but a lot are really disappointing. They're either very simplistic or just random settings.
Many of the the "simplistic" ones are probably mine. I'm used to making music with actual melodies so I think some more simple presets are necessary. Having said that, I am really impressed with many of the more complex presets people have produced. Some of those pad sounds are pretty awesome and very useable. I think everybody has done a good job. Of course, you are welcome to make your own if you think you can do better.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 pm
onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm 2) When loading a preset that uses the mod wheel as a modulation source, the patch plays as if the mod wheel is set to 100%.
Will look into that. The modwheel graphic sits at 0%?

Actually I still have to disable that modwheel and pitchwheel are being stored/saved with presets, that's kind of useless and annoying.
onerob wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm Would it be possible for Odin to remember the preset location, instead of hardwiring it to the documents folder?

If you can confirm this is not the case then please report back!
Looking into it again, it seems that I'd managed to leave the graphic version of the mod wheel in the plugin window at 100% without noticing when saving the patch. Then, loading the patch back in, this graphical setting overrode what the mod wheel was doing on my keyboard until I moved it, after which they got back in sync.

I can confirm the patch location is now remembering the folder per instance.

I have gone thru the presets and my should been there but wasn't.
So here's the link to download my presets:
The download site have made new rules. Only 10 days lifespan if no activity within that time.
That's the downside with free stuff.

It's 9 from init and 18 based on user preset, marked bxx.
For beginners:
Load a preset - if it's good as is save it and name it with your preferred name. Possibly a descriptive name of what you think it sounds like.
- Also test and turn off delay, chorus or something else and see if it sounds better to you. You should do this before naming because when you save and name it, it then saves the changes you did to the settings so you get your own settings when you load that preset again.
Last edited by Saffran on Sun May 17, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”