RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Mac AudioUnit version is currently broken ... I'm on it :o

Version 2.2 beta is live
This one took ages, sorry ...

Ok, so what's in with this version:

Installers

This version introduces installers for all platforms. I strongly recommend you remove the current install of Odin 2 by hand from where you placed it, since locations have changed. You might have two version if you don't do this.

Linux has two versions:
.deb package: for Debian based OSs (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and many more)
generic: Generic installer which should work for all distros (see readme)

Preset Library & Patch Browser

preset_library.png

The big new things are the Patch Browser and Preset Library. They occupy the same space as the modmatrix and arpeggiator. You're able to quickly browse through the factory presests without ever leaving the GUI, add your own presets in an organized way, export them all togethere, etc., etc. :)

A big shoutout to you guys for creating all those awesome presets. The library turned out really fine, I couldn't be happier!

An even bigger shoutout to Richard Semper, who besides organizing OSC and participating in it took it upon himself to sort out patches, adjust volumes, enforce naming conventions and recategorize them and so on. He really went out of his way to ensure quality for the library (you should see the gigantic spreadsheet he created ... ) and took a lot of work of my shoulders, for which I am very grateful!

Patches which were sent to me in the last month are not yet sorted into the library.

Manual

The manual for Odin 2 which was posted here before is now available on the download page with some improvements.

Misc

Some changes were made which were requested for the longest time, most notably:

Ping-pong delay now pans hard-left on the first echo.
Filter 2 'right vowel' was fixed on the first echo.
X and Y are now modulatable from the modmatrix.

I hope you guys like this update and everything works smoothly. If you're expiriencing any problems, especially with the new installers please contact me :!:

Full Change-Log

- new feature: patch-browser
- Odin 2 now ships with installers for all platforms
- Odin 2 now ships with a Factory Soundbank
- a manual for Odin 2 was added to the website
- ping-pong delay will now always start left, regardless of amp-pan
- added XY-Pad X & Y as modulation destinations
- drastically imrpoved patch loading times
- fixed issue where Filter 2 would use the wrong 'right vowel'
- fixed issue where glide time was dependent on samplerate
- fixed issue where comb filter would produce smear effect on first note
- fixed issue which would crash pluginval
- removed save / load section from top of GUI
- rearranged layout on top of GUI
- renamed OH-12 filter to SEM-12
- renamed KO-35 filter to KRG-35
- changed location of config file on Win & Mac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thanks to your help, Odin 2 is nearing a releasable state. The things I want to do before release are:

Change legato behaviour

Fix crashes in Waveform on export

Fix patchbrowser not opening in Ardour / Debian

Update to JUCE6 and thereby finally get rid of the google analytics crap

Improve opening times for the GUI

Fix vector-osc position showing incorrectly after reopening the GUI in windows

Odin2.2 is not validating in Logic (10.5.1). I did a full removal of all files associated with the previous version before installing.

These are the errors being spat out:

Code: Select all

--------------------------------------------------
PUBLISHED PARAMETER INFO:

# # # 251 Global Scope Parameters:
WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.400079 (was 0.400079), Parameter did not retain default value when set
WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.400079 (was 0.400079), Parameter did not retain default value when set
WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.378178 (was 0.378177), Parameter did not retain default value when set
ERROR: Parameter did not retain set value when Initialized

* * FAIL
AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

I just installed version 2.2 and have discovered a number of serious problems.
The VST3 version does nothing but play a slightly distorted sine wave, no matter what waveform or oscillator is chosen in Cubase 10.5 on OSX 10.12.6. The sole exception is that it will produce noise from the Noise Oscillator.

The AU version does the same in Studio One. Nothing but a sine wave.
The AU does not pass validation in LogicPro 10.4.4. so I can't test it there.

Dropping the VST3 version 2.1 in returns the plug-in to normal.
On a number of Macs

This is a feature request. In some future version, would you consider adding a switch (or perhaps a variable knob) to the Envelope generators to make the A, D and R curves behave in a more logarithmic fashion? I ask this because it's pretty tough to make sharp attacks and decays...particularly where percussive and/or percussion sounds are concerned.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm I just installed version 2.2 and have discovered a number of serious problems.
The VST3 version does nothing but play a slightly distorted sine wave, no matter what waveform or oscillator is chosen in Cubase 10.5 on OSX 10.12.6. The sole exception is that it will produce noise from the Noise Oscillator.

The AU version does the same in Studio One. Nothing but a sine wave.
The AU does not pass validation in LogicPro 10.4.4. so I can't test it there.

Dropping the VST3 version 2.1 in returns the plug-in to normal.
:o :o :o
I'm on it thanks for notifying me!

Your version 2.2 installer is dropping the Presets folder directly into the BootDrive/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins pathway. The pathway should be BootDrive/Library/Audio/Presets or more universally: BootDrive/YourName/Users/Library/Audio/Presets
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:45 pm Your version 2.2 installer is dropping the Presets folder directly into the BootDrive/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins pathway. The pathway should be BootDrive/Library/Audio/Presets or more universally: BootDrive/YourName/Users/Library/Audio/Presets
Isn't it vice-versa? As in BootDrive/Library/Audio/Presets being the standard?

Cakewalk reports a dropout has stopped the audio engine.

Erisian wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:16 pm Cakewalk reports a dropout has stopped the audio engine.
A dropout? Some more infos? Screenshots?

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Erisian wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:16 pm Cakewalk reports a dropout has stopped the audio engine.
A dropout? Some more infos? Screenshots?
My apologies - it's working now. Cakewalk can be a bit sensitive and I often have trouble with Analogy64 as well, so I always use Reaper to test it.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm The VST3 version does nothing but play a slightly distorted sine wave, no matter what waveform or oscillator is chosen in Cubase 10.5 on OSX 10.12.6. The sole exception is that it will produce noise from the Noise Oscillator.
The sinewave issue on Mac should be fixed now. Maybe someone can put my mind at rest and test and report back real quick?

I'm on the AudioUnit issue ....

onerob wrote:
Isn't it vice-versa? As in BootDrive/Library/Audio/Presets being the standard?
Not if you go by where the majority of developers drop their User Preset folders. If you look in the BootDrive/Library/Audio/Presets pathway, you will find very few factory sound preset folders dropped in by developers. I've got over a hundred in the Users pathway and I didn't put them there myself. (I'm assuming) that's because developers embed their factory presets directly into the plug-in package? Just a guess.

Native Instruments, on the other hand, took a different approach after Kontakt 3 and puts them into the BootDrive/Users/YourName/Shared pathway. Prior to that, they were parking them in the BootDrive/Library/Application Support pathway. The BootDrive/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins folder appears to be strictly reserved for the Plug-in classes folders only.

Personally, I don't care where The WaveWarden puts them as long as it isn't directly in the AudioBootDrive/Library/Audio pathway.
Last edited by Weasel-Boy on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a number of Macs

Oops, yeah of course, I was thinking of the component path not the preset path. :dog:

TheWaveWarden wrote:
The sinewave issue on Mac should be fixed now. Maybe someone can put my mind at rest and test and report back real quick?
I just D/L'd the installer from your website and ran the VST3 on my rig. It would appear to be fixed. My, that was fast.
On a number of Macs

Return to “Instruments”